just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Poison Ivy, Penguin, and Joker rehashes, what else?

I kid, I kid.

Actually pretty accurate.

Poison Ivy, Penguin, and Joker rehashes, what else?

I kid, I kid.

Riddler and Mr. Freeze rehashes? (Or if we're really unlucky then a Harley Quinn rehash)

Edited by IMBATMAN

There's still one villain from the 2012 wave, we haven't got since then.

Two-Face! Is he wearing the orange and purple suit again, or an updated black and white one?

This wave, along with the Spider-Man one, are stacking up to be the best yet!

Edited by Sir Gareth

IF he shows up, I hope that we get an updated black and white suit it'll save me the pain of looking for a cheap one on Bricklink.

Two Face?! That's great news! I was beginning to fear we might get some new characters instead of rehashes of previously released ones. Thank goodness that fear is being slowly put to rest (although there is still a chance we'll see some new characters, so maybe I should hold off on the celebrating for a bit). Still, I would have preferred rehashes of Ivy, Joker, Harley and Penguin (can never have enough for those four). :sarcasm:

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Two-Face is great news! :cry_happy: I still regret selling my 2006 version. That one might be one of my favorite figures of all time. :wub:

Fueled by her imminent nonexistence in current sets....

Speaking of which, I'm thinking the inclusion of most Justice Leaguers, and other characters not Gotham related, are out of the question for the summer wave? These normo, Batman related villains are an obvious let down to the hope for new, out-there characters. Well obviously see more Batman variations..... Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this wave, but I wish they'd stop focusing on Batman so much. I was hoping for a completion tot the Teen Titans, to thee Legion of Superheroes, and I know I'm not the only one. That being said, who's excited for Killer Croc?!! :wink:

Everyone's all excited about Killer Croc when I feel it's a version of the Suicide Squad movie that will have nothing to do with the versions everyone here wants.

I'm definitely excited for a revamped Croc. I have an Arkham Asylum display featuring almost every Batman villain and 5 heroes. I'd love to put a sewer system on the shelf below. Re-create that first Arkham game.

Just built this set. Initially got one for my son when I was getting the Batwing set. Saw his after he built it and decided I needed one!

https://www.flickr.c...08/24091304731/

My poor attempt at trying to make it look like the bat signal shining on a hovering superman.

Also... This is the first time since I've been collecting the super hero sets based on their movie counterparts that I thoroughly enjoyed building all of the sets in the series when there were/are multiple sets released. It always seemed like there was at least a dud or two but not with the BvS sets.

What pieces did you use to prop Superman up like that? It looks amazing.

Does anyone think that we will get Black Mask or Ventrialquist in these two sets?

Edited by Legoman123

Does anyone think that we will get Black Mask or Ventrialquist in these two sets?

Ventriloquist would be an interesting one to see how they'd do Scarface – the 'grandpa' headpiece in flesh colour would be good though... also like to see that used for Alfred.

As for the sets coming out, as already mentioned a big fig of Croc would be amazing. I'd love to see some new characters thrown in there – Captain Boomerang would make sense in the Croc set, and would tie in with Suicide Squad... a Leto looking Joker too possibly. and maybe Commissioner Gordon in his Trenchcoat comic-book look.

In the Scarecrow set... Black Mask would fit that set, but maybe somebody like Killer Moth would be a nice touch. I would really like some more character diversity though... more JL characters - Firestorm, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Black Canary, Hawkgirl etc. A magic based set would be good - Etrigan big fig, Jason Blood, Dr. Fate, Zatanna, Enchantress, Felix Faust and possibly Raven.

Also, we now have a nice colletion of rogues for Batman and the Flash but we still need a good Ra's al Ghul, a new Mr. Freeze and Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash... however i'd like to see a few more villains making an appearance – Cheetah, Ares, Chronos, Count Vertigo, Parasite etc.

If there is one character that I hope will make an appearance in these sets then it is Red Hood. He wouldn't require any new molds and would be an extremely welcome addition to the Bat family.

If there is one character that I hope will make an appearance in these sets then it is Red Hood. He wouldn't require any new molds and would be an extremely welcome addition to the Bat family.

We've been all waiting for him, and is probably one of the hardest minifigs for Lego to screw up. If he's in a set, I'd gladly fork over my money

Two-Face, eh? I echo the hopes for a black-and-white suit. Also, we only have two sets, the largest of which will probably have no more than five or six figures. I think it's a good idea to dial back our expectations a bit.