just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

As much as I prefer villain figures, I sort of agree, but there is justification.

I think it's the molds thing again. D2Cs don't really have new molds, just recolors. If there's a new part, it's a building element seen elsewhere in the year's sets. Thus, the need to use the Catwoman hair in S14 first, and the lack of a Batgirl, whose hair/cowl would need a new mold.

Maybe they could have put a new Batgirl mold in a normal set but still have it fit with the modern style of the figures in the sets...? Then they use it in this.

No Batgirl...

On one hand I'd like to swear and throw around words like "sexist", on the other hand that set looks so awesome... I'm just disappointed. Batgirl really needed a new and better variation (I hate the cowl on the last version, too much friction with the cape). Oh well, maybe she'll appear as a polybag or in a summer set. I mean there has to be some logical reason they'd leave her out. Seriously Lego, correct this immediately.

The set is unbelievably awesome though. It has everything I wanted and more. The fact that they gave us an outside facade of Wayne Manor really impresses me. And the minifigure line up is pretty awesome too (With one exception of course). I can't wait to get better photos. This will be a day one purchase. Hopefully this will be $200-$250.

Edited by strangely

So, now that they've covered the 1966 Batcave, let's move to the 1989-batcave and Nolanverse batcave. :tongue:

The most important thing for me is the dimensions of this set. I really hope it fits my cabinet. The Tumbler was just a tad too big.

Edited by Cammo

I think the set looks great! I'm a huge fan of the 1966 Batman series and this is very exciting to me! I understand the concern about not having Batgirl, but she wasn't part of the show until it's 3rd season - so a 1966 Batcave would not have included her anyway.

The build looks ugly, it isn't even accurate to the show (the poles should be to the left of the reactor which should be to the left of the door, not the other way around), and I'm not a huge fan of '66 Batman. Easily a pass for me.

So, now that they've covered the 1966 Batcave, let's move to the 1989-batcave and Nolanverse batcave. :tongue:

The most important thing for me is the dimensions of this set. I really hope it fits my cabinet. The Tumbler was just a tad too big.

Since this coincides with the 50th anniversary of the show, trends indicate we'll get the '89 Batcave in 2039. :tongue:

The poles should be to the left of the reactor which should be to the left of the door, not the other way around.

Easy to fix I think. Maybe they just swapped the size to create a better box lay-out.

A few pages back someone told me $120? I hope they weren't getting my hopes up!

I said $120+, as in $120 was the bare minimum price.

I said $120+, as in $120 was the bare minimum price.

Yes, reading back I realised I had (perhaps subconsciously) ignored the "+" - my sincere apologies for misrepresenting you!

I think the set looks great! I'm a huge fan of the 1966 Batman series and this is very exciting to me! I understand the concern about not having Batgirl, but she wasn't part of the show until it's 3rd season - so a 1966 Batcave would not have included her anyway.

That logic doesn't follow. It's a "Batman Classic TV Series- Batcave." Not a 66 only Batcave. And even though she only appeared in the third season she was a main cast member, this was the debut of her live-action appearance and she was one of the first female superheroes on television. Add that in with the originator of the role having passed away recently. All in all she should have been included.

I'm not really mad at Lego, it just seems like they missed out on an obvious choice. Though I get a feeling they did this on purpose, almost like they want me to have to buy another set to get her...

It looks alright I think. I'm not a huge fan of the '66 series, I'll probably pass. The huge studded wall is awful, but the top office and the outside of the manor look great. Is this the first Batcave to include part of Wayne Manor? :look:

The wall just stands out as wrong on that thing but overall I think it looks great. The wall can be modded for rock work and it's a pretty good spread of figures with the notable exceptions of Batgirl and Commissioner Gordon but I never really expected Gordon anyway.

You know when you just get one of those feelings that Batgirl will probably appear in a single figure blister pack with card backing and only be available at a single event... probably somewhere in the US... sometime in July...

Awesome. What a cool set. Did someone find this in a store?! And I think this set will be between the £130 and £160 price mark. I'm doing this on age recommendations, and original look, because 10937 was rated 12 and over, while The Tumbler was rated 16+. However, when you look at this, it doesn't look like as tricky build, nor anything huge... However this is around the same size as The Tumbler box, meaning about £160. And like I said, it doesn't look huge in terms of pieces anyway. Unless the Batmobile has a lot of pieces to it, then I'll be a bit disappointed if the set is around £160, as the Batcopter doesn't lok to have much to it either. But it's a great set nonetheless, but the price point will decide if I want this one. I want to see what the new summer sets look like more, but we wont see them for a while.

New mold required, remember? That means no event exclusivity unless they ruin the figure with the older piece.

She doesn't require a new mold really. I mean Adam West Batman could have used a new mold but LEGO used the best out of what they had.

With printing and a colour change on the existing Batgirl cowl LEGO could easily get enough of a likeness for it to pass.

It wouldn't be the first time they made the best out of existing parts, just look at Man of Steel Superman, 2008 Tumbler Batmans cowl, Peter Venkman's original hair, ect.

Edited by Sam892

Mixed feelings. It looks like a fun playset, but not very displayable as is. I'm ok with the minifigures, but it shouldn't be more than $160 or $180 I think. I'm probably getting it during the early release and will hafta mod the hell out of it.

You know when you just get one of those feelings that Batgirl will probably appear in a single figure blister pack with card backing and only be available at a single event... probably somewhere in the US... sometime in July...

:laugh:

The sad thing is, you might be right.

I wish the separated the batcopter and bat mobile into different sets so thus would be cheaper :P

The front looks amazing! The back is pretty good too, I like the inclusion of a piece of Wayne Manor.

The batgirl snub is disappointing though

Images will be removed soon at LEGO's request, it seems.

...only to be inevitably published again within a week. Seriously, what's the point?

Also, yes, I suppose Batgirl would be possible with the old cowl, but since they didn't do that here, then LEGO might have thought it was a stretch, too. But if she's an exclusive, at least I can vindictively say that she doesn't look right...

Honestly, I don't think it'll happen. It would have been like the idea of making Raven one, that is, a figure that clearly ties into a set/collection of characters. That's jsut cruel, to make someone buy a set for a team of heroes and then make one of them limited-release. I feel that 60's Batgirl was too important to qualify for the obscure characters they now use.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Does anyone know who designed this set?

Images will be removed soon at LEGO's request, it seems.

Would LEGO be able to enforce that? There not watermarked images or prototype images, but images of a finished product out in the world somewhere. The person who has this either works or knows someone, in the LEGO chain somewhere between design team and shop assistant. I doubt this set was obtained illegally, so I can't see LEGO being able to enforce image removals.

Not enforce. Request. Brickset took the images down at LEGO's request. EB usually complies with those requests as well, as far as I know.

The pictures could have been taken at a toy fair where photography was not allowed.

New mold required, remember? That means no event exclusivity unless they ruin the figure with the older piece.

We live in hope. But as others have said... I just wouldn't be surprised to find the old cowl in use.

...only to be inevitably published again within a week. Seriously, what's the point?

I've taken the pictures down.

Long story short, the point is we are Lego's friend, and if we want to stay friends, we need to be respectful of their wishes. :thumbup:

Not enforce. Request. Brickset took the images down at LEGO's request. EB usually complies with those requests as well, as far as I know.

The pictures could have been taken at a toy fair where photography was not allowed.

I don't think Lego displays D2C sets at Toy Fair, since Toy Fairs are meant to get retailers interested in selling Lego's products and D2C are not sold through retailers.