Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

• There are places where figures are much cheaper than Bricklink, but I'm not a part of any of those communities.

Would you mind elaborating on this point? Which communities would those be, or would you mind sending me a PM about this?

Thanks!

CM4S

How do the hulk and ultron minifigures look? Do the minifigures have printing on their short legs? What variant is goblin? I assume you've seen the avenjet set too.

Edited by amazingbricks

CM4S have you seen Civil War sets yet? If so, could you elaborate?

If not, I'd like to know more about the Thanos set and better descriptions of the micro racers. :innocent2:

Edited by Legocity2713

CM4S have you seen Civil War sets yet? If so, could you elaborate?

If not, I'd like to know more about the Thanos set and better descriptions of the micro racers. :innocent2:

Nope, they're still not in there. One box is Quinjet 2015 sized, another one is a short, long one, I'd say $30-$40 and the last one is a $20 square box.

Mighty Micros - Cap's tank is olive green and uses one of those big.. circle with a tube in the middle, I don't know the name, as a pilot seat. It's got an olive bucket piece, which is nice.

Goblin has a new face, big grin, 2015 one. New pumpkin bomb head. Hulk has no prints and a black Sleepyhead hair. Ultron looks the same, but no prints.

Edited by CM4Sci

Nope, they're still not in there. One box is Quinjet 2015 sized, another one is a short, long one, I'd say $30-$40 and the last one is a $20 square box.

Mighty Micros - Cap's tank is olive green and uses one of those big.. circle with a tube in the middle, I don't know the name, as a pilot seat. It's got an olive bucket piece, which is nice.

Goblin has a new face, big grin, 2015 one. New pumpkin bomb head. Hulk has no prints and a black Sleepyhead hair. Ultron looks the same, but no prints.

Thanks man. Pumpkin bomb printing sounds cool. :wink::thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713

Yay! So hopefully Green Goblin looks like the videogame version then? Because I always did feel like the juniors one didn't have a deranged look to it at all.

Too bad they didnt chose for comic Iron Man and Loki. Missed opportunity imho.

You're definitely right there. I thought after the friendly colored batman and robin that these would get some bright red and bright green :sad:

They're probably just saving them for pricey sets and such. They aren't cheap to make and haven't been easy to reuse thus far.

They come in Collectible Minifigures though... I know that's a different factory or whatever but all the premium decoration techniques are in use in the smallest sets of all. Even with a couple of dollars price bump for a little set to get a premium figure in the budget could happen.

Looking forward to these.

Is the thanos set blocked off

Would you mind elaborating on this point? Which communities would those be, or would you mind sending me a PM about this?

Thanks!

Hahaha I have no secrets, I'm a complete novice! I'm mainly parroting what I've heard elsewhere, typically from those who seem to have a collection that's way bigger than would be reasonably obtainable via Bricklink. Some LUGs and communities will buy sets in bulk and part them out to re-sell. People that are part of these groups can get the figures at price because there's no markup within the group. It's one way the stores on Bricklink get hundreds of the same figure or part to sell. I have no interest in doing that and haven't looked into it- Lego is just a hobby to me.

Other people trade directly for specific figures on websites like Reddit or Facebook, typically in private groups that you need invites for. Lego forums, including ours, have trading/purchasing sections where Lego is often cheaper than Bricklink, but it's not a great selection and it's inconsistent. In general, if you have a special connections with a group, you can get better deals. I like Bricklink because it's public, open, consistent, and has a large inventory.

I agree with most of this, although as Nolan pointed out Thanos would be about $20. Heck, I got Quicksilver this year for $20, I didn't really like the set at all. I do however believe Cap and Hyperion will go for at least $8, given their exclusivity and Hyperion's appearance in the recent episodes. As for Sapce Iron Man, it depnds on the way they do the figure, possibly with extra pieces like the Deep Sea Iron Man's chest piece. If so, he may go for a pretty penny, given the Iron Legion Minifigures themselves go for $10-$12 apiece, and there are two of them in 76038.

Thanos will probably be more like twenty because big figures generally go for more.

I dunno, Darkseid seems like a good point of comparison for Thanos to me, (bigfig, arch nemesis to the super team, comes in a $70.00 set), and he's only selling for $10. Obviously, Thanos will be somewhat more than Darkseid because of the MCU connection, but double the price seems like a big jump.

Quicksilver was particularly expensive (I paid $16 just to get him, so I feel your pain), but there were a number of factors there that shouldn't be generalized. One, he was in a larger retailer exclusive, so the set never went on sale for resellers. Two, the rest of the set in question was anomalously undesirable, so he was the only way for resellers to recoup their money. Three, he died and he's an X-Man, so everyone knew we'll never get him again in any form, not in MCU sets nor comic based sets. I guarantee that Captain Marvel, Thanos, Red Skull and Iron Man will all reappear, even if they're different variants. We might not get Hyperion again, but frankly, he's not famous enough to command a high price. I've read the original Squadron Supreme comics, Hickman's Avengers, and watched the Avengers Assemble episodes with him and sometimes I still forget he exists. In popularity, he's lower tier than fellow evil-alternate-universe characters Justice Lord Batman or goatee Spock. But rejoice, Hyperion fans! It means he'll be easy to get for those who love him!

Anyway, to get back on topic, do we know why certain sets were included in the Lego.com cache and others weren't? I'm dying to see Captain Marvel!

Also, to those in the know (cough*CM4Sci*cough), were the cache photos the same as those in the retailer catalog, or are there differences? Might some sets still be prototypes or is everything finalized?

Wasn't Darkseid so cheap because his parts were sold from the Lego spare parts shop online? So, Thanos may indeed be a lot more expensive.

Wasn't Darkseid so cheap because his parts were sold from the Lego spare parts shop online? So, Thanos may indeed be a lot more expensive.

Thanos with hopefully a ganluet with be more desirable than darkseid was so he will for sure be more expensive

Another quick question, what color green was hulk? Was it the bright green from the 2012 polybag or the army green from the new 2015 polybag?

I'd think he'd be olive green like the new Polybag, since he's going up against Ultron.

Another quick question, what color green was hulk? Was it the bright green from the 2012 polybag or the army green from the new 2015 polybag?

Bright green, fists too.

What does Captain Marvel (and the avenjet) look like?

I think someone already described the sets, but the Avenjet looks like the picture someone posted. The cockpit area is 4 studs wide so that should give you a size guess. I can barely see her because it's dark and the watermark is in the way, but she's got a black torso and blonde Sleepyhead hair.

I think someone already described the sets, but the Avenjet looks like the picture someone posted. The cockpit area is 4 studs wide so that should give you a size guess. I can barely see her because it's dark and the watermark is in the way, but she's got a black torso and blonde Sleepyhead hair.

Oh thanks

She has sleepyhead hair? That sucks! I hoped she would have Supergirls hairpiece. Guess I will have to replace her hair.

Wait... Is it certain that Hawkeye is not in the Civil War sets?

No, i think? we haven't heard about the 4th set.

I have hope Hawkeye will appear, he's my favourite character now since... you know, you kinda got ehm... ended? :grin:

She has sleepyhead hair? That sucks! I hoped she would have Supergirls hairpiece. Guess I will have to replace her hair.

Captain Marvel's hair these days is pretty short, I don't know why we'd get anything else. The Supergirl hair is overused, anyway.

Bright green, fists too.

Fists? Like, hands or boxing gloves or those Chima things?