Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Going for the MMB on Wednesday because my Dad's doing something tomorrow. Planning on picking up the new City Starter pack, 1 or 2 Ninjago sets and maybe The Bridge Battle since I got the Ghost Rider set last week.

I really like how Mordo's head looks on Black Panther. Might try and hit up a Target before I see Suicide Squad on Friday.

Just finished the Bridge Battle. Awesome build, took longer than I expected and was really enjoyable. The finished model is absolutely beautiful! So glad I bought it!

Mordo's head on Black Panther looks almost perfect. I wonder if that did that on purpose.

Did you change out Bucky's face? I can't tell. Impressive collection, I count figures from 11 different sets there.

Thanks! I used the face he had painted on the other side. Gamora agent 13 ultron and crossbones are there but fell down lol

Edited by MarvelWarrior

You should line the teams up in front of the Airport Tower. (I assume you have it by all the figures) Or even put all the accessories with it as well. But man, Spidey looks great on that team! Better than mine I have on display from 76037 with Team Stark.

You should line the teams up in front of the Airport Tower. (I assume you have it by all the figures) Or even put all the accessories with it as well. But man, Spidey looks great on that team! Better than mine I have on display from 76037 with Team Stark.

When I have more space that's the plan. I only had enough room for now to put the figures together.

LEGO Stores do not carry either retail exclusive in physical stores. I went to Mall of America and heard about it this morning, then called my local LEGO Store (Mayfair Mall) and verified it with them. Apparently it's an unannounced test program that the stores weren't told about until yesterday... S@H still carries them, but not physical stores

I went to my local Lego store and asked the same thing thinking they would be there, but from what I heard store exclusives are in now

I got the Ghost Rider set today and it is everything Ii had hoped it would be! What a fantastic set with perfect minifigs(save Spidey of course) and really nice builds. I especially like the headlight section of the bike as well as the layered armor greebling. The choice to use the Chima flame pieces for the fire was genius as they alive and really give the model some character. The large flame piece like the one used in the Tanker Truck just wouldn't have been quite right. My only real complaint is the hand bars. I never like it when LEGO makes a vehicle with handle bars that a minifig can't reach or actually grab onto. I have seen some mods that use a pair of black paint roller pieces which I think would've been perfect. I'll have to Bricklink a couple myself. Ghost Rider himself is stunning. The printing on the torso is just so crisp and the silver is so shiny. Very very nice. I quite like that they made cuts into the jacket to expose the flame underneath as it really livens up what would have been a fairly plain print while adding splashes of color to match the very impressive head sculpt. I know may were disappointed that the flame isn't removable but it doesn't bother mt much as I'm never taking this guy apart. It really is a fantastic looking piece that just looks alive. I used the Infearno headpiece is what I used on my moc but it pales in comparison to this headpiece. The trans orange chain first seen in Hero Factory was the perfect choice and is in fact what I used in my Ghost Rider moc prior to the reveal of this set so it's nice to have more of those. I just can't say enough about this set so I'll leave it here. I could not have asked for a more perfect set as lifelong, hardcore fan of LEGO, Ghost Rider, and Marvel as a whole!

Target DCPI for Dr. Strange is 204-00-1803 if you're having trouble looking for it.

My Target had them on an endcap a little ways away from the regular aisle... YMMV.

Edited by mediumsnowman

Picked up the Tanker Truck Takedown today. Great set with even better figures . I added the the Superboy sleeve to Hawkeye. Here's what it looks like along with what Iron Man looks like with the new Spidey piece

Picked up the Tanker Truck Takedown today. Great set with even better figures . I added the the Superboy sleeve to Hawkeye. Here's what it looks like along with what Iron Man looks like with the new Spidey piece

Wow, Hawkeye looks amazing. That's all he needed to make him look better. Thanks for the picture.

Planning on getting 2 Doctor Strange sets. 1 to keep as It Is. The other for parts for a full Sanctum Sanctorum In my Lego Town.

Make sure you post pictures of that. I would love to see a full version. :grin:

Hawkeye looks awesome like that! Also that Iron Man piece is very welcome, his repulsors look so much better!

When they revealed pics of the Ghost Rider set, I immediately ordered an extra pair of dual-molded Bat-legs from Bricks and Pieces, in order to replace Ghost Rider's plain legs. IMO, his legs are the ONLY weak point in a brilliant set. Well, I grabbed the Ghost Rider set today from the LEGO Store, and here he is:

28728012485_33a1486e69_c.jpg

It doesn't look quite as amazing as it did in my head, but I still think it's an improvement. What do you guys think? And more importantly, what OTHER legs are people planning to use. I expect pictures from everyone on my desk by Friday. :wink:

EDIT: I'm also considering getting an extra pair of Hobgoblin/Deathstroke legs to go on Taskmaster. It looks pretty darn good. (I'll post that pic later if anyone cares.)

Edited by rob-ot5000

When they revealed pics of the Ghost Rider set, I immediately ordered an extra pair of dual-molded Bat-legs from Bricks and Pieces, in order to replace Ghost Rider's plain legs. IMO, his legs are the ONLY weak point in a brilliant set. Well, I grabbed the Ghost Rider set today from the LEGO Store, and here he is:

It doesn't look quite as amazing as it did in my head, but I still think it's an improvement. What do you guys think? And more importantly, what OTHER legs are people planning to use. I expect pictures from everyone on my desk by Friday. :wink:

EDIT: I'm also considering getting an extra pair of Hobgoblin/Deathstroke legs to go on Taskmaster. It looks pretty darn good. (I'll post that pic later if anyone cares.)

Those work really well! I was thinking to keep the black going and use the CMF Series 12 Rock Star's arms and legs.

Edited by Legocity2713

I'm using

Those work really well! I was thinking to keep the black going and use the CMF Series 12 Rock Star's arms and legs.

You're using...........what??? There's nothing there! It feels like there was supposed to be a pic or link there, but maybe not.

I considered the series 12 Rock Star parts, but they felt too glam and less grunge for my tastes. Not bad, by any means, but not what I'm looking for. I tried Superboy's legs too, to get the pants-detailing, but the blue didn't work for me. If only I could get that print on the Bat-legs.

Just realized, the new CMF series 16 Emo/Vamp Kid legs might be decent.....

You're using...........what??? There's nothing there! It feels like there was supposed to be a pic or link there, but maybe not.

I considered the series 12 Rock Star parts, but they felt too glam and less grunge for my tastes. Not bad, by any means, but not what I'm looking for. I tried Superboy's legs too, to get the pants-detailing, but the blue didn't work for me. If only I could get that print on the Bat-legs.

Just realized, the new CMF series 16 Emo/Vamp Kid legs might be decent.....

Haha, that was a mistake, I meant to say I'm using CMF 12 Rock Star legs.

But yeah, those Series 16 Spooky Kid legs would work well too. :thumbup: I was thinking maybe they would be good for Crossbones.