Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

My, how the tables have turned! TLG knocking off the bootleg companies with that red hulk set. Brickset has it at $60 for only 375 pcs. WTF?? Really LEGO?

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha :iamded_lol::roflmao:

Tbh it does two big figs and some big wheels, you could wait til it's on clearance or on offer

I think he looks good. I'm glad, like the rest of y'all, they went for a different cap again. No tears here.

Love the figure, looks like the best Cap yet (not counting Sam Wilson Cap). But I'm also happy that it's not too desirable. If it was a Hydra designed cap like some bootleg images I've seen, I would've wanted it a lot more. Hopefully after Comic-Con they'll be cheap though!

Thank Stan Lee. I absolutely hate this figure. The quality of the face and shield print looks like a bootleg custom from China.

Edited by IMBATMAN

Thank Stan Lee. I absolutely hate this figure. The quality of the face and shield print looks like a bootleg custom from China.

Honestly, if I were going to SDCC this year I would be absolutely gutted... but I'm not so I'm elated :)

* dodged a bullet this year *

Edited by agoodfella77

Something with the chin and eyes are throwing me. Maybe it would look better if the designed the cap helmet similar to the Avengers Assemble version in 2014.

Lucky for me!

Let's just keep in mind, we don't need to worry about the figure, it's not like any of us are going to get it (unless any of you are going to comic con, and if that's the case, please get me an Atom :grin: )

Yay! I don't care for this figure at all.

Let's just keep in mind, we don't need to worry about the figure, it's not like any of us are going to get it (unless any of you are going to comic con, and if that's the case, please get me an Atom :grin: )

Something with the chin and eyes are throwing me. Maybe it would look better if the designed the cap helmet similar to the Avengers Assemble version in 2014.

Lucky for me!

Is it total wishful thinking that TLG has heard our griping about the SDCC exclusives and have decided to deliberately put out exclusives that aren't on most people's wish lists?

Is it total wishful thinking that TLG has heard our griping about the SDCC exclusives and have decided to deliberately put out exclusives that aren't on most people's wish lists?

That would be nice of them, but honestly, it seems more like they're focusing on characters and variations that are relevant for the year that they come out but won't likely be remembered as definitive versions of the character. Ten years from now, is it really likely that the fact that The Falcon was Captain America for a little while be anything more than a bit of comics trivia?

Edited by BrickSantorum

That would be nice of them, but honestly, it seems more like they're focusing on characters and variations that are relevant for the year that they come out but won't likely be remembered as definitive versions of the character. Ten years from now, is it really likely that the fact that The Falcon was Captain America for a little while be anything more than a bit of comics trivia?

But that's kind of my point. Remember early on the SDCC exclusives were figures like Phoenix, Symbiote Spidey and Spider-Woman. More recently they've been (as you rightly pointed out) characters that are more relevant for the current year(s) like MCU Collector or Sam Wilson or Hydra Cap...

Is it so far-fetched to think that TLG has heard the uproar over missing out on mainstream / major figs and have split the difference by deciding to stick to less mainstream characters for SDCC exclusives?

If that's the case, I for one, really do appreciate it.

Just a thought...

Well, there hasn't really been an uproar on any scale worthy of attention. Fan forums lend themselves to an echo-chamber effect where a few dozen people can seem like a majority, but somewhere on the order of 99.9997% of LEGO's customers don't care about these exclusives one way or another.

Well, there hasn't really been an uproar on any scale worthy of attention. Fan forums lend themselves to an echo-chamber effect where a few dozen people can seem like a majority, but somewhere on the order of 99.9997% of LEGO's customers don't care about these exclusives one way or another.

In other words a "few dozen" influencers and thought leaders that can actually make an impact despite being a "minority voice". Yeah, I totally agree with that view.

I would also add that this "echo chamber" seems to have a pretty decent range given suggestions that have originated from fan forums such as this one -- e.g. Hawkeye's upgrade from the combed back hair to spiky or Scarlet Witch's upgrade to the PotC hair... that somehow magically appeared in the next official iterations.

Now I'm not saying that TLG scours these forums and then does a straight copy pasta, but it seems fairly reasonable to say that there is at least some level of influence (I mean why else would they even have an Ambassador Program? Seems to me like they might actually care what we think, now there's a thought!) -- which is pretty impressive for a group of consumers that only represent such a tiny fraction of the overall pie. Your comments would have people believe that there is absolutely zero influence. Nah, just like with most things in life, the answer probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Edited by agoodfella77

But that's kind of my point. Remember early on the SDCC exclusives were figures like Phoenix, Symbiote Spidey and Spider-Woman. More recently they've been (as you rightly pointed out) characters that are more relevant for the current year(s) like MCU Collector or Sam Wilson or Hydra Cap...

Is it so far-fetched to think that TLG has heard the uproar over missing out on mainstream / major figs and have split the difference by deciding to stick to less mainstream characters for SDCC exclusives?

If that's the case, I for one, really do appreciate it.

Just a thought...

Yeah, we're saying the same thing. :)

Who knows, they're just giving us variations of marvel minifigures and DC has the new minifigure. I'm sure they've heard our complaints.