Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

The head with flame piece is listed as one piece :(

Maybe some brute force could separate the pieces, but I don't think it will work safely.

OMG O.O

Why Lego, why?!

I guess I will definitely skip this set :sceptic:

Yeah, that was because if it wasn't like it was, it would be so easy for the leg pieces to come off. Not sure why LEGO have done this though, it should work the same as any other hair or head accessory

Maybe if this hairpiece wasn't the way it was it would fall apart? Or actually burst into flame? Or trick kids into making a deal with the devil?

The pants are the exact same situation, even if the reasoning behind them was different. "Lord Business won't meet our quality demands unless we glue it together? I guess we'll have to do that."

"This Ghost Rider minifigure is really cool. Like too cool. Let's glue fire to his head just to make people angry. See if fire comes out of any of their ears instead."

It's totally fine to be disappointed (I don't know why anyone wouldn't be) but apparently there was a reason. We can't comment on the validity of the choice without knowing what they were thinking, so maybe it doesn't even make a whole lot of sense, but all I was saying is that there is a precedent.

Edit: I do agree that it should be interchangeable, of course, but for whatever reason a different mold doesn't seem to have been an option.

Edited by Super Fish Oil

Why is everyone saying the reason is because Lego don't want kids putting it on other figures? The made a fire head piece already (Infearno) and flame pieces can be put on heads. And they had The Human Torch in Lego Marvel Superheroes. It's probably just to make it look like his head is on fire and not some weird hair.

Why is everyone saying the reason is because Lego don't want kids putting it on other figures? The made a fire head piece already (Infearno) and flame pieces can be put on heads. And they had The Human Torch in Lego Marvel Superheroes. It's probably just to make it look like his head is on fire and not some weird hair.

It's just a theory, otherwise, as you so rightly pointed out, the have had Infearno which has the fire piece which easily slips on and off the underlying head, so it begs the question why is it stuck together? It's oddly "un-LEGO" in a way...

I dont think its legit to assume that. LEGO just released a set with a tile printed with the word "dick" on it. That's even "worse" than a flame headpiece imo.

Edited by KlodsBrik

I dont think its legit to assume that. LEGO just released a set with a tile printed with the word "dick" on it. That's even "worse" than a flame headpiece imo.

Which one?

Oh, I see, I'm surprised there hasn't been any MOCs using the piece ;D

At some point some user here is gonna get mad at a moderator for doing their job. Make up their avatar fig and have this piece upon its ABS head, then getting banned.

Now im a fortune teller as well. :tongue:

Im actually surprised as well .... But thats only great .... Knowing that people aren't gonna use this piece untill a really great idea for its usage comes up.

So offtopic. Sorry .

Its actually a stickered piece... see, there is a loophole! :laugh_hard:

How many translucent hairpieces has Lego done before? They've been pretty strict on which Minifigure parts they'll make transparent, and the only hairpiece I can think of they've done before is much thicker.

Guys the reason the head is attached is because there is no way to slip the head into the fire "hair". If you guys notice, the fire wraps even underneath the curve of the head, very slightly of course but that prevents it from being able to slide in or out.

Literally the fire embraces the head, which in my opinion makes it even cooler

Could you show us some pictures of the bike from various angles pretty please!? I'd love that! Great pictures by the way, man that's an awesome minifig.

Thank you.

Here are three pictures of the bike. When I saw the first pictures, I didn't like it at all. Now in person it looks a lot better. Especially the skull at the front is really cool looking. The bike is not perfect by any means, but better than imagined. I'm still trying to find a good solution to transform a normal Lego bike into the Hellcycle.

And yes, the figure is awesome. One of the best this year so far, I would say.

bike01e3pan.jpg

bike02q4p6i.jpg

bike035tp7i.jpg

Thank you.

Here are three pictures of the bike. When I saw the first pictures, I didn't like it at all. Now in person it looks a lot better. Especially the skull at the front is really cool looking. The bike is not perfect by any means, but better than imagined. I'm still trying to find a good solution to transform a normal Lego bike into the Hellcycle.

And yes, the figure is awesome. One of the best this year so far, I would say.

nice bike! Can you also take some pics of Hobgoblin and his glider please? Edited by Captain Nemo
Don't Quote Pictures

Its actually a stickered piece... see, there is a loophole! :laugh_hard:

Haha .. I thought it was a printed piece ... Having a sticker is even worse .... Then one could actually attach it to an avatars head.

Guys the reason the head is attached is because there is no way to slip the head into the fire "hair". If you guys notice, the fire wraps even underneath the curve of the head, very slightly of course but that prevents it from being able to slide in or out.

Literally the fire embraces the head, which in my opinion makes it even cooler

But its so familiar as with the series 4 "mad scientist" ( I think ) .... Im pretty sure they could have made it an removal part, and im surely sad they didnt .... I could think up several scenarios where this piece would be usefull.

Edited by KlodsBrik

But its so familiar as with the series 4 "mad scientist" ( I think ) .... Im pretty sure they could have made it an removal part, and im surely sad they didnt .... I could think up several scenarios where this piece would be usefull.

Not entirely, the mad scientist hair only did it on the back if any, ghost rider has it on both sides (his side-burns) and back... plus its on a harder plastic, the scientist hair was the softer kind.

I am a bit sad too with the possible minifigures we could make... but considering they have the mold done we can probably expect more on the way. (firestorm seems to be one that is highly desired)

Not entirely, the mad scientist hair only did it on the back if any, ghost rider has it on both sides (his side-burns) and back... plus its on a harder plastic, the scientist hair was the softer kind.

I am a bit sad too with the possible minifigures we could make... but considering they have the mold done we can probably expect more on the way. (firestorm seems to be one that is highly desired)

Ahhh .... That makes sense unfortunately.

So when making a hard mold, these "organic" textures aren't possible with ABS. Im curious as to why it have been molded this way?

Edited by KlodsBrik

I hope some article in HispaBrick or some other magazine interviews the designer for this set, then asks them why the heck they decided to go this route with the molding. I just can't make sense of it.

Ahhh .... That makes sence unfortunately.

So when making a hard mold, these "organic" textures aren't possible with ABS. Im curious as to why it have been molded this way?

yup... And do you mean the connection of soft and hard plastic? I would think it would be possible but since they wanted a clear piece, well, it works better with the harder plastic.

and who knows really. Possible Dormammu confirmed for Doctor Strange set :O (totally messing around)

Edited by MarvinM

yup... And do you mean the connection of soft and hard plastic? I would think it would be possible but since they wanted a clear piece, well, it works better with the harder plastic.

and who knows really.

Yeah. Thought it was a matter between hard (ABS afaik ) plastic and soft ( which i dont know the term for ).

That's what i mean't.