Superkalle

LEGO Worlds <> LDD connection

This should revolutionize the Relay Community Builds... if we had one!!!

101 basic bricks only of Lego Worlds LDD UserPalettes for now?

In future we may need new topics like "Lego Worlds MOCs" or "Lego Worlds Official sets" to share models.

18436965430_cd0b8f94f2_b.jpgLego Worlds LEGO Digital Designer UserPalettes by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Just buy LW on steam today, first import test. Seems like only stud up and 90 degree build supported.

18600739916_614e585af4_b.jpgLego Worlds game LDD import test by Nachapon S., on Flickr

18626703855_ab1fcb9090_b.jpgLego Worlds LDD import test by Nachapon S., on Flickr

18890683982_bb1496c57f_b.jpgLW2 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Lscrupt - LDD Dart Vader head import test

18449355138_5cc8fcd1c3_b.jpgLego Worlds game Lscrupt - LDD Dart Vader head import test by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

I've imported a bunch of my town / space models and I must say, it's awesome! I can't wait to see the direction this game goes in!

The game allow to import custom LDD models one by one without leaving the game. It works with many 10,000+ bricks models at the same time, but the imported models are incomplete due to only 101 bricks palette + only stud up + only 90 degree build supported.

18927790225_739217ef31_b.jpg45654 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

18739791450_f1e912f609_b.jpgLW2 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

18740132430_8a32ae5670_b.jpgLW2 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

18740427040_d8e9708262_b.jpg45654 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Can you use rotation tool online or such? Would be great to make models come alive.

Can not, I think if the game allow too many bricks rotate freely. It will be difficult to simplify the models and world. Then while process million of bricks the game will crash or run very slow.

Edited by bbqqq

The game runs on a sort of voxel-y system, where the smallest unit is a 1x1 plate/tile. It works a lot like minecraft does, dividing things into a grid of chunks on the x and z axes (or x and y, if you prefer). It allows for huge landscapes of bricks, but doesn't support arbitrary positions/rotations. Each chunk is 32 x 32 LEGO modules, I don't remember the height offhand but it's pretty big.

The "props" (fancier models) you see dotted around the landscape (like flowers, windmills, etc) are their own 3D models, separate from the voxel system that individual bricks use. While the game tries to avoid placing props inside of voxel system bricks (and tries to prevent you from doing so), there's nothing technically disallowing it; props can more or less be positioned anywhere in the chunk (rotation is still limited to 90 degree angles on the vertical axis like the bricks though). For example, a friend of mine edited a chunk file so it had 1024 trees in it: https://twitter.com/...870159052128256

(Check through the rest of Will's tweets - he's been doing a lot of crazy stuff with the chunk format, like making a google maps world viewer. He's got a bunch of the game's developers following him and commenting on his experiments. :laugh: )

Edited by jamesster

Surely the engine can take some more kinds of building algorithms, right?

Can you export buildings and vehicle from Lego Worlds to LDD ?

I'm trying to replicate the steamroller and other models from Lego Worlds in LDD - would be easier to just Export it though :tongue:

LXF file

I have tried to replicate the part spacing + position as close as possible. This means some parts are floating but in lego worlds you do/can have floating parts anyway.

steamroller.png

Edited by SNIPE