Sign in to follow this  
Klaus-Dieter

Christmas Fair, Big Christmas Tree and Manger ... - What do you think

Hello everybody!

It's a long time until it will be Christmas, but nevertheless:

Since TLC released the nice 10173 Christmas Train last year I had an idea:

What about a Christmas fair, a big Christmas tree and a manger?

These would be sets which would perfectly amend the 10173 Christmas Train and allow all Lego City fans to create a winter Lego City atmosphere - in my opinion the 10173 Christmas Train isn't enough if you want to do something like this.

So here my proposals/ideas/wishes:

Christmas Fair (about 90 Euros)

a Christmas fair with three stalls:

-food stall (with a cooker, a coffee machine and a big punch thermos flask)

-Christmas tree decorations stall

-manger accessories stall

including a lot of nice stuff to sell, some cups, a pan and a pot

minifigs: two stall owners (one male and one female), a cook, a man, a woman, a little boy and a little girl

Big Christmas Tree (about 14 Euros)

a big Christmas tree built out of specific brown, green and white (snow) Lego bricks with candle-lit demonstrations and a big star on its bottom

including a little stove for selling hot chestnuts, a trumpet, a trombone and

an oboe

minifigs: old woman/man for selling hot chestnuts, three angels for making

Christmas music and a little child

Manger (about 36 Euros)

a stable with a manger

including an oil lamp

minifigs: ox, jackass, Jesus, Maria and Josef

What do you think? Wouldn't this be nice?

If you've got some other ideas for (possible) Christmas sets - post them here!

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I really like the idea of all 3 but the manger one in particular might cause issues with the political correctness army as it doesn't appeal to all religions

Here is a simple manger I built years ago: It folded to allow 3 building views/alternatives

nativitybarn.jpg

nativitybarnopen.jpg

God Bless,

Nathan

The one thing I would love the most is that entire turkey !! I want one badly !!

Yes, yes! Me too, those things cost a fortune on BL!

Some Christmas sets would indeed be nice, I like the idea of having a market (a market can also be used on lots of other occasions).

Merry Christmas in advance!

I really like the idea of all 3 but the manger one in particular might cause issues with the political correctness army as it doesn't appeal to all religions

Lego makes Advent calendars, and Advent is a Christian season.

Now, obviously, Lego dances around that issue by making the calendar a countdown to Santa rather than a countdown to the baby Jesus. But still, the fact that they call it an "Advent calendar" is interesting.

If it didn't mean having "yet another license", the Polar Express would be an excellent source of parts and Christmas cheer. My version would probably cost too much though, unless LEGO broke it up into several sets.

--Tony

Here is a simple manger I built years ago: It folded to allow 3 building views/alternatives

nativitybarn.jpg

nativitybarnopen.jpg

God Bless,

Nathan

Very nice MOC, Norro!

That's very similar to what I was thinking about when I posted the idea of the Manger. For 36 Euros it would be of course too big and I even thought of a manger with has an open front to see the baby, its parents, the two animals, ... . But in general your MOC is really nice!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you remark that I have changed the possible/wanted maximum price for the Big Christmas Tree in 14 Euros. The reason for this is that I mean: If the advent calendar costs about 14 Euros and includes several minifigs, the Big Christmas Tree couldn't be more pricy than the advent calender.

Now, another idea:

Santa Claus' Carriage

a big open carriage with a bench, with a holder for six reindeers in the front and a lot of place to carry gifts in the back of the carriage

including a lot of gifts

minifigs: Santa Claus, Rudi (the red-nosed reindeer) and five other reindeers

The reindeers should be real reindeers in brown color with horns in grey color and no dogs like in one of the advent calendars some years ago. Otherwise the whole nice carriage would be destroyed!

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

The carriage is a great idea, and I DO love the idea of a Lego manger, but releasing them only in Christian countries might disturb some people as it has never been done before. And unforunately, there is no country today which is ALL Christian.

Edited out offensive content. That's really not appropriate. Be careful not to generalize, I mean I'm assuming from your post that you're Christian, and you wouldn't like someone stereotyping all christians as being child molesters, would you? :-| There might be muslim members here who would find that offensive, so watch how you word things (even jokes, some people take things personally, thouhg your usage of 'monsters' leads me to believe otherwise...) ~Starwars4J

EDIT by *yoda* I didn't read what you wrote, but I will NEVER tolerate blasphemy and religious intolerence !! Such posts = DIRECT BAN (and this happened before) !!

Edited by xwingyoda

X-mas theme would be great! But i would also like a sets for other holidays in order to decorate my room properly for every season...

The carriage is a great idea, and I DO love the idea of a Lego manger, but releasing them only in Christian countries might disturb some people as it has never been done before. And unforunately, there is no country today which is ALL Christian.

Edited out offensive content. That's really not appropriate. Be careful not to generalize, I mean I'm assuming from your post that you're Christian, and you wouldn't like someone stereotyping all christians as being child molesters, would you? :-| There might be muslim members here who would find that offensive, so watch how you word things (even jokes, some people take things personally, thouhg your usage of 'monsters' leads me to believe otherwise...) ~Starwars4J

EDIT by *yoda* I didn't read what you wrote, but I will NEVER tolerate blasphemy and religious intolerence !! Such posts = DIRECT BAN (and this happened before) !!

I didn't want to hurt, to discriminate or to make fun of someone with my statement - in my oppinion I even showed this by writing down two different possible solutions which should have only ensured that we Lego fans would be able to buy nice Christmas sets.

But since I be struck that not every person here will understand what I want to say with what I wrote down and in order to prevent misunderstanding I did erasure this part of my last post and will never make statments like this.

But now a new idea:

Winter House

a winter house (first floor: entrance with little kitchen (with cooker and sink) and living room (with chimney, big sofa, little table with lamp, seat and TV set), second floor: bath room (with shower, toilet and washbasin) and sleeping room (with a big bed and two bedstands with lamps on them)), a snowy garden with some trees and an igloo

including a little car (With doors!), a suitcase, a shovel and a dustbin

minifigs: father, mother, little daughter and little son

What do you think? Any other ideas?!

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Sorry if I offended anyone in my above post. I always forget, only do to others what you would have them do to you. Sorry. :-( :'-(

EDIT: And no, I don't think you hurt anyone by what you said. That, at least, isn't harmful.

Edited by trooperdavinfelth

Here are two new ideas:

Christmas Trees' Selling Stall

a little cottage (with a little stove, a table, a chair, a lamp and a cash) and a

big fence around the area where the conifers are sold

including a lot of conifers (big and small ones), an axe, a saw, a motor saw, a shovel, a brush, a dustbin and the little apparat where you can put in the conifers to put a net around them in order for better transportation after having bought them

minifigs: Christmas trees' selling stall owner (old man with pipe), woman and child

Chritmas Family

including a Christmas tree, a sled and a snowman

minifigs: father, mother, little son and little daughter

What do you think? In my opinion these would be very nice sets, don't you think?!

Past year I have built small little house

With simple christmastree

What fire and people who warm up themselves

whith santeclaus hou passed by with sled

simplie buth good a thinks so

greets pat.

seelink:My Webpage

:-$

post-999-1189358656_thumb.jpg

Great MOC, patje!

That's a very nice Christmas tree and a very nice manger! Very well done! That's something what Lego really should do!

I've got a few Christmas set ideas:

1. Christmas fun

smaller set with medium sized three (snowy and leave-built), red one-horse open sleigh, snowman and 3 minifigs (Mother, Father, child). Price: 10€ (110-140pcs)

2. Santa's sleigh

Just santa's sleigh (6w, red) loaded with presents and 7 brick-built reindeers (one with a red nose), connected by tubes ropes, etc, and a santa minifig. Price: 20€ (200-270pcs)

3. Nativity scene

Classic manger scene with brick built animals in the stable (donkey , little jesus (white minifig head and a yellow stuck above as face) in a crib, three wise man, a shepherd and some kind of star (could be a snowflake piece) and a cypress surrounding. 7 minifigs. Price: 30€ (about 300 pcs)

4. Christmas home

A two story family home, with interior (1st: decorated living room (Present, small Tree), kitchen, office area 2nd: two bedrooms), garage, snowy ground (brick and plate built, not with a white 32x16 baseplate), snowman, christmas lights all outside the house, family (man, woman, child) and a car (4w+doors) Price: 40€ (400-500pcs)

5. Christmas market

Bigger set with 6 stalls (two with decorations, 1 with nutcrackers (minifig-size), 2 with food and one with a mulled wine pot), around a huge christmas tree (built with leaves, not ordinary bricks) each stall with openable roof for playability, a huge christmas pyramid (yep erz mountains ON!) and 11 minifigs (6 stall owners, 2 ordinary people, a kid with mother and santa claus) Price 65€ (650-750 pcs. )

6. Christmas street

Huge set more or less like 10184, but no 50s. Includes a bakery (1st: bakery with cake, bread, etc, 2nd: cafe and baking room), a toy store (1st: toy display, santa claus awaiting children, 2nd apartment for the shop owner), a post office and shop (1st. post office with a shop area in the other half, 2nd apartment), all with decorations, of course and snowy ground around (brick+plate!), a huge christmas tree (leaves not all brick), normal car (4w+doors) , christmas truck (max 6w+doors), snow plow (4w or 6w+doors) and 12 minifigs (santa, male shop owner, female shop owner, postman, baker, saleswoman (bakery), kid with mother, normal customer and 3 ordinary city dudes as drivers) Price: 140€ (about 1500-1700 pcs.)

mFg Widdi

Edited by Widdi

Some of your ideas were already mentionedin this topic, Widdi. Nevertheless it is interesting to see how somebody thinks how a set should look like because everybody has different images. And besides it's nice to see that a lot of people would be interested in more Christmas/Winter sets!

Your idea for a Christmas Street is a great idea I'd say!

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Nice ideas! *y* LEGO made the Holdiay/Christmas Train last year which was nice (even though I didn't buy it! ;-) ) but some more Christmas sets would be awesome and would make a nice display, too, since we always put up a little manger scene, and LEGO one would be nice for a change! *y*

EDIT: That is one long run-on sentence! :-D!

Edited by SirNadroj