Thanks everyone!

I'll take that one off Oky's hands, if he doesn't mind :wink:

Go for it. I wanted to make one with K-3PO instead anyway, so I scanned his character encyclopedia page, and this is the result:

7217792306_40068ff1e0_z.jpg

The Dark Side of the 3PO by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

7217792316_28557b9ee5_z.jpg

The Dark Side of IG-88 by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

7217792322_26858c43b6_z.jpg

The Light Side of the Fett by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Best three so far, there's literally no problems in matching them up. :thumbup:

I'd have to agree with CallMePieOrDie, Oky. These have to have to be either on par or superior to your first batch of light and dark side photos. Amazing job!

I had completely forgotten that the new R5's have different dome printing and I even have all 3 of them. How about a Mando and new Boba Fett light/dark picture?

Edited by The_Box

These are great. Just the regular stormie is probably my favorite. Do you have Zombie Geonosian and regular?

Thanks everyone!

Go for it. I wanted to make one with K-3PO instead anyway, so I scanned his character encyclopedia page, and this is the result:

wow! i really like ur ideas!

Very nice and funny shot, takeshi_lum! :thumbup:

Best three so far, there's literally no problems in matching them up. :thumbup:

It was not that easy, actually. There were some difficulties with the IG-88 one since the torso mold and posing of the two droids were slightly different, and I had to cheat a little on the white Boba since its printing was a bit lower than that of the green one, so I had to push it up a bit.

How about a Mando and new Boba Fett light/dark picture?

They're both kinda dark, so I doubt that it would work. :sceptic:

Do you have Zombie Geonosian and regular?

Yes, and I think this could work. I'll give it a try, thanks. :classic:

*snip*

Thank you, I'll get to it ASAP :classic:

I might also get the TC-14 fig soon, and I could try it with the chrome protocol droids then :wub:

Thanks! Alright, here's the (probably) last batch! First, a Geonosian before and after life. Get it? :grin:

7223398066_39317e869e_z.jpg

The Dark Side of the Geonosian by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

And here's the ultimate dark/light comparison that this series has been leading up to:

7223398222_dc70a40d08_z.jpg

The Dark Side of the Anakin by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Like father like son. The dark side of this represents the moment on the Death Star II where Luke got dangerously close to turning to the dark side.

7223398238_e82b2c44e8_z.jpg

The Dark Side of the Luke by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Wow. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the CW Anakin hairpiece matches up so well to the Vader helmet.

Those are fantastic Oky!

How about Normal Han and Carbonite Han? :tongue:

Or how about Blue SBD and Gray SBD? Or 2-1B from Palpatine's Shuttle and the one from Echo Base? Or the Gray Imperial Trooper and the Black version or it. Or the black Imperial Trooper and General Veers? Or Palpatine (CW) and gray headed Palpatine? Or Tokkat (Black Ewok) and some white ewok? That's all I've got for now.

The Anakin/Vader one is awesome, granted I love/prefer the new Anakin head from his Jedi Starfighter released this year. And the dark/light Luke is seamless!

Nice work.

Thanks again, guys! And yes, the lining up of Anakin's and Vader's head was intentional. :wink:

How about Normal Han and Carbonite Han? :tongue:

Or how about Blue SBD and Gray SBD? Or 2-1B from Palpatine's Shuttle and the one from Echo Base? Or the Gray Imperial Trooper and the Black version or it. Or the black Imperial Trooper and General Veers? Or Palpatine (CW) and gray headed Palpatine? Or Tokkat (Black Ewok) and some white ewok? That's all I've got for now.

Some good ideas here, but I can't execute most of them because I don't have the required figs. I'll see what I can do, but for now, you can see more light/dark comparisons here. :wink:

The Anakin/Vader one is awesome, granted I love/prefer the new Anakin head from his Jedi Starfighter released this year. And the dark/light Luke is seamless!

Yeah, it's a great fig, isn't it? I hope they'll make a non-evil/angry version of that head soon. Anyway, here's a shot I made of that creepy head:

7228434828_1775a0f145_z.jpg

Evil Eye by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

It's a recreation of this image:

evil-anakin.jpg

Nice evil Anakin photo, Oky! Every time I watch that movie, I'm amazed at how evil the actor can look.

Yeah, it's a great fig, isn't it? I hope they'll make a non-evil/angry version of that head soon. Anyway, here's a shot I made of that creepy head:

*Snip*

I would maybe darken the part between the side of the hood and the head :wink:. Really nice, that head does work very well, TLG did a good job on it.

I love the Light/Dark side shots Oky. How about Chrome C3PO and Chrome TC14?

Great stuff oky, loving the darkside photos!

Edited by Wayno

Scouting out the area

IMG_4212.jpg?t=1339378381

I know it's an overdone idea, but I thought it'd be neat.

And of course a rebel will ambush him:

IMG_4215.jpg?t=1339378548

I think having the rebel blurred out of focus is appropriate because the scout trooper is unaware that he's there. The scout is only focusing ahead of himself.

Very good photos. It's alright that's it an overdone idea, you did it well. Nice additions to the thread.

Very good photos. It's alright that's it an overdone idea, you did it well. Nice additions to the thread.

Thanks! I'm practicing my Lego photography, and taking pictures of minifigs is even more fun. I'll have a few more pics here soon.