I've switched the flickr group to open, now you no longer need to request membership.

Bear in mind that any "regular" pics of Star Wars LEGO will be removed when added.

We need this to be those pics that say it all and pics with that certain little something :grin:

Check the group to check out past additions.

LINK

I've added a couple of mine from this thread to the pool. I'll be doing some more soon ....

Thanks for the comments guys :classic:

How do you achieve that lighting?

My indoor shots are lit with my Ipod touch using a torch app- makes for a nice clean light, and very portable to play round with to get diff lighting angles/effects. If you get it at certain angles you get a nice blue hue to the backdrop (which is just a plain bit of A4 paper).

Back on page 4 of the thread I posted a bit more in depth about my lightimg set-up if its any use- its pretty low tech :wink:

Do you know where we could find a video of the deleted scene?

~ General Magma

Alas, most of it was never shot. The full scale Wampa didn't work that well, hence only a brief shot of him in the original version of the film. Some bits were shot though- there is a bit in one of the Empire trailers showing C-3PO tearing the sign they had put on the door to warn of the Wampa's inside off. There are a few other bits n bobs in stills etc, but by all acounts does not look like they filmed most of it.

Think most of what would of happened has been pieced together from early scripts and stills etc.

Keep thinking id love to create a stop motion lego version of the wampa scenes- very wishful thinking though dont think id ever be able to find the time to take on a project that would take that long!

Haha smokebelch i'v ben looking at this for a few hours now on and off and keep forgetting to comment :laugh:. The lighting is superb and North Yorkshire is under several feet of snow :laugh: so come up here to photo some Hoth scenes.

Aside note I wonder how many times i'v used :laugh: in all my posts it seems to always be used. (must resist adding one to the end of this sentence)

Thanks everyone.

you guys should say what camera/lense and lighting are used. :)

Camera/lens was a Fujifilm XP10 camera. Lighting was a desk lamp with a daylight CF bulb.

My indoor shots are lit with my Ipod touch using a torch app- makes for a nice clean light, and very portable to play round with to get diff lighting angles/effects. If you get it at certain angles you get a nice blue hue to the backdrop (which is just a plain bit of A4 paper).

Back on page 4 of the thread I posted a bit more in depth about my lightimg set-up if its any use- its pretty low tech :wink:

It's my lucky day! :cry_happy:

Name the app and im getting it! I recently bought an Itouch, i know! I spent money on something not lego! :blush:

Edit: I decided to try afew of the free ones out, theres alot! Sorry if this is a tad off topic. Im discussing lighting, so technically it has something to do with photography! :wink:

Torch: good.

Flashlight: Has three functions, constant light, flash, or SOS. Im liking this!

Flashlight (this has a icon with a torch with a yellow-black colour combo): Good light, you can add to the white light other colours, which is cool when you want to get a pinky colour or lots of other colours.

There's more but im going to stick with these three for now. :sweet: Thanks tons Smoky!

with a daylight CF bulb.

I have a bulb named after me? :tongue:

Well now that I have a source for better lighting, I might have to try some of my own pics!

CF

Edited by CommanderFox

Great photo as always Smokebelch! Good luck on getting the snow to make real Hoth shots in the near future, hopefully before Christmas.

Lord Embo

I might have gone to try my first photo shoot, but the snow is so deep here I cant open the door. :sad:. On the upside collage has been canceled for the week :classic:

Alright, since we got snow today, it's time to show my very first outdoor shots!

Hope you enjoy. :classic:

5220595351_ce5a38f355.jpg

5221192834_bbd403c9a2.jpg

~ General Magma

Wow! Great shows as usual General Magma, I hope you get more snow so we on EB can see some more photos taken by you. :thumbup:

Lord Embo

Well here's my try.

(Unfortunately it looks like brickshelf ruined the quality :vader:)

Squad 842 are lost in the snowy wastelands of Hoth

dsc01686.jpg

dsc01690.jpg

The pilot considers the futility of there mission and can see no way out.

dsc01688.jpg

Trooper TX438 collapse under the stress of it all.

dsc01689.jpg

Finlay Trooper TL567 decides to help his friend up so they can set off again.

dsc01687.jpg

ST432 cant see what everyone else is complaining about.

dsc01691.jpg

The futility of it all.

This is how Trooper TX438 copes with the march.

And a little bonus Rura Penthe

Edited by Mr Man

Very good Mr Man :thumbup:. Did you did those on a window ledge :wink: (I don't mean that in a bad way). The last one is the best picture :laugh:.

Thanks, CB

Thanks and yes it was on my window ledge, so I could stay in the warm whilst photographing them. The snowtrooper angle one, I liked that one my self.

I have a very good camera but brick link reduces the quality a lot, does anyone know how to avoid that?

Thanks and yes it was on my window ledge, so I could stay in the warm whilst photographing them. The snowtrooper angle one, I liked that one my self.

I have a very good camera but brick link reduces the quality a lot, does anyone know how to avoid that?

I dont think its brickshelf it more that picture sizes have to be small for EB, so then you lose quality.

Now to go outside into the cold and take mine :hmpf_bad:. If I can get out the door :grin:.

Thanks, CB

Edited by crabboy329

Well done CB.

I like the first and last ones. I also see what you mean about resizing, maybe if I resized them to 50% instead of 25% they would look less bad, (but they looked OK on my computer before I uploaded them). Incidentally what part of England are you in as the snow doesn't look 'that' deep :laugh: