image010.jpg

A MOC based (loosely) on the Imperial Hovertrain as seen on Kessel in Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. As the game has such low-resolution textures, the task of making an exact model seemed pretty pointless, and so I have simply modeled the main features of the car, leaving the rest to my own design. The main car, carrying stormtroopers, is followed by a prisoner transport (which is simply a rougher, boxier, more primitive version of the main car instead of being modeled after the game equivalent), and the train would be transporting prisoners between the Kessel spice mines and the planetary Imperial prison.

A few pictures:

image008.jpg

image002.jpg

image013.jpg

image004.jpg

image014.jpg

The sliding guillotine-doors were achieved through the usage of opposing grille-tiles:

image011.jpg

image012.jpg

A couple of close-ups on the doors (the doors in the stormtrooper-carriage were meant to bear a resemblance to riot shields):

image007.jpg

image016.jpg

And the cockpits/controls, eventhough non-visible (without partial disassembly), are still existent:

image017.jpg

image018.jpg

Edited by Hereticae

That is a cool build, I think the 2 door styles are my favorite part. I've been wanting to do some form of "train" within the SW universe myself. You have a good combination of train and SW elements.

Interesting, could you do a more detailed shot of how the doors are constructed? The technique you used could be very useful for other builders. I always like to see other, lesser known machines from the Star Wars universe.

Those things you have done with the grills... sliding door, prison door viewing port with the non stud attached grill...!

Not to mention I love that game! And always found the train level fun to play. I think you captured it brilliantly =D

Perhaps a few 2x2 round trans clear plates with a http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2654 attached to it might help with the image of a hover train a little :) (and add some gliding capability to the carpet swooshing :laugh: )

Edited by Fuppylodders

awesome job... i knew right away before reading your post that is was based off the the hover train from the Rescue on Kessel mission. I was actually thinking about making some type of imperial prison train myself.. you beat me to it. great work. I love seeing vehicles from the expanded universe in Lego.

Edited by Outworlder

Interesting, could you do a more detailed shot of how the doors are constructed?

Stormtrooper car doors:

stormtrooper_car_door_11.jpgstormtrooper_car_door_21.jpg

Prisoner car doors:

prisoner_transport_door_11.jpgprisoner_transport_door_12.jpgprisoner_transport_door_21.jpg

(+detailing)

The train looks very good. Sliding doors are my favorite part, too, though have to

give you the props for assembling the tilted wing plates so smoothly together in the

stormtrooper-wagon!

And ps those of you who happen to be in Finland 10.-12.4.2015, this hovertrain and

some other cool SW-builds will make a diorama of Kessel in ModelExpo in Helsinki. (;

-Samppu from Finland

Looks good. Nice door design. With some modifications, it could probably run on LEGO monorail tracks. Kids at events like to see things in motion for some reason.