darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

On 3/26/2008 at 7:04 AM, Stealth Hunter said:

I also want one of those! *sing*

But I also want these:

UT-AT

UT-AT.jpg

If you look at the 2014 Updated Star Wars Visual Dictionary, it was actually fully designed, unfortunately it never made it into a set. :classic:

Edited by VaderFan2187
Edit: I know this was a long time ago xD

20 hours ago, Bley Harvest said:

I'll throw my support in for Cloud City/Cloud Car and Dagobah/Yoda's Hut sets.  I also missed out on the last OT Millennium Falcon, so it would be cool if the next version Lego releases was covered in Mynocks and came with updated versions of the mini figures from 4504.  

It's amazing to me that ESB is so poorly represented in Lego form, with the obvious exception of Hoth.  Perhaps kids these days don't know/like that movie? 

I agree, we never see any thing from Ep. V except Hoth. I doubt the fact that kids don't know the movie, because kids that love Star Wars know all of the characters. I know when I was younger, and I saw a set with Vader or Yoda, I was psyched, so I really hope that they start balancing out sets between the OT, PT, ST, and Rebels.

I'd like to see Darth Maul's red-and-black Gauntlet Mandalorian fighter from Season 3 of Rebels - it's due for a remake! And it'd be a great opportunity to include Season 3 Ezra and Rebels Maul.

I might have said this before, but I'd love to see the 4-winged Imperial shuttle/transport in Rogue One, as well.

Here's a random list of sets that i'd like to see. Most of them have already been mentioned here. 

Tantive IV
Venator
Naboo Royal Starship
Invisible Hand
$25 Echo Base Medical Bay with Bacta Luke, Hoth Leia and Medical Droid
Republic Dropship
Jedi Temple
Yoda's Hut
TIE Bomber
TIE Interceptor
Cloud City 
Geonosian Arena
Executor (non UCS)
Maz's Cantina

Arquitens-class light cruiser.

Nebulon B frigate.

Non-UCS Tantive IV.

Mon Cal cruiser in the same scale as the non-UCS Star Destroyers.

Non-UCS B-wing that finally gets the S-foils into the appropriate thickness.

TIE Bomber

TIE Avenger

A new Imperial Landing Craft.

Bespin Carbonite Chamber Duel.

Edited by ProvenceTristram

Any reasonably priced TIE variants: the last interceptor and bomber were released ages ago, the the last mini-fig scaled OT TIE looks dated. These sets would sell like HOTCAKES, yet Lego limits themselves and prices them horribly. Add in an obscure character to each variants to sway mini-fig collectors. 

A battlepack with rebel soldiers from the Tantive IV.

A freacking barbage set as long as Saw Guerrera and Galen Erso are present. 

5 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Any reasonably priced TIE variants: the last interceptor and bomber were released ages ago, the the last mini-fig scaled OT TIE looks dated. These sets would sell like HOTCAKES, yet Lego limits themselves and prices them horribly. Add in an obscure character to each variants to sway mini-fig collectors. 

Seems like we'll never see another TIE fighter variant (at least the most iconic ones) below $60. I wanted a TIE Striker, but not for those prices.

Well to be fair they did released the Tie Advanced prototype at a very reasonable price... and I did get the Striker with double VIP, I honestly feel like it's a better value than the TFA Tie ( I did not buy it ) but it's still really expensive.

• Imperial landing craft  (4 sandtroopers, 1 pilot, Dewback) $50
  • Tusken camp (3 Tuskens, Anakin, speeder) $25
  • 501st Trooper Battlepack (duh) $13
  • Tie Bomber (Tie Pilot, Imperial officer, Stormtrooper commander) $60
  •  UCS Tantive IV (Captain Antilles, Leia Organa, U3po, C3po, R2D2, 3x Rebel fleet troopers, Darth Vader, 3x Stormtroopers, 1 Imperial officer) $300
  • ARC 170 starfighter (2x Clone pilots, 1 plain white phase two clone trooper, Shaak Ti (or some Jedi they haven't made in a while), Battle droid commander) $70
  • ANH Luke's X-wing (Pink flick fire missiles, thermal exhaust port, Pilot Luke, R2D2, Jek Porkins, R5D8) $60

Some sets I'd like

E-Wing Starfighter (most likely never gonna happen but who would have guessed a TIE Defender to happen)

System scale Rebel vessels: Nebulon-B, Corellian Corvette, Mon Calamari Crusier (Home One and standard).

System scale Imperial/First Order vessels: Star Destroyer, Finalizer, Victory II

Acclamator Assault Ship, Providence Destroyer, Munificent Frigate, Recusant Frigate. An updated Venator as well as Malevolence.

And finally... more buildings! I have a lot of vehicles and turrets, but near to no buildings. Don't just release a wall please, make the set bigger, but include some kind of a building: Cloud City Playset, an updated Endor Bunker, Coruscant Skyscaper (scaled down of course), Galactic Senate Building (with the place Yoda and Sidious fought, forgot the name, sorry not native English), A building from Naboo; Theed, Kaminoian building with cloning facility, a proper Mos Eisley Cantina (no Landspeeders, no Dewbacks, but a full cantina with Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan, Luke, Obi-Wan and possible Han and Chewy), Genonisan Hive (actually I don't remember how it looks like and how well can it translate into LEGO form, but I remember visiting one in the video game Republic Commando), Battle Droid Factory (can be a scaled down version of what we've seen in Episode II. Maybe include the room where Dooku and the Separatist Leaders negotiated. Wat Tambor and San Hill figures please), Yoda's Hut (again no vehicles like X-Wing is needed, focus more on the building please). Rebel Base on Yavin IV and Resistance Base on D'Quar, Maz Kanata's Cantina (not just a wall and the door, but the actual cantina), Pirate Base of Hondo Ohnaka (from The Clone Wars) etc...

I doubt anyone read that far, but yeah, I really want to see more buildings in the Star Wars line, as well as more big starships.

4 hours ago, Esvald Forceswoop said:

E-Wing Starfighter (most likely never gonna happen but who would have guessed a TIE Defender to happen)

System scale Rebel vessels: Nebulon-B, Corellian Corvette, Mon Calamari Crusier (Home One and standard).

System scale Imperial/First Order vessels: Star Destroyer, Finalizer, Victory II

Acclamator Assault Ship, Providence Destroyer, Munificent Frigate, Recusant Frigate. An updated Venator as well as Malevolence.

And finally... more buildings! I have a lot of vehicles and turrets, but near to no buildings. Don't just release a wall please, make the set bigger, but include some kind of a building: Cloud City Playset, an updated Endor Bunker, Coruscant Skyscaper (scaled down of course), Galactic Senate Building (with the place Yoda and Sidious fought, forgot the name, sorry not native English), A building from Naboo; Theed, Kaminoian building with cloning facility, a proper Mos Eisley Cantina (no Landspeeders, no Dewbacks, but a full cantina with Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan, Luke, Obi-Wan and possible Han and Chewy), Genonisan Hive (actually I don't remember how it looks like and how well can it translate into LEGO form, but I remember visiting one in the video game Republic Commando), Battle Droid Factory (can be a scaled down version of what we've seen in Episode II. Maybe include the room where Dooku and the Separatist Leaders negotiated. Wat Tambor and San Hill figures please), Yoda's Hut (again no vehicles like X-Wing is needed, focus more on the building please). Rebel Base on Yavin IV and Resistance Base on D'Quar, Maz Kanata's Cantina (not just a wall and the door, but the actual cantina), Pirate Base of Hondo Ohnaka (from The Clone Wars) etc...

I doubt anyone read that far, but yeah, I really want to see more buildings in the Star Wars line, as well as more big starships.

But we got an E-Wing? Just not in the colors we would have liked. 75018 Jek-14's Stealth Fighter was an E-Wing straight out of the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels. We just weirdly got it under the Yoda Chronicles sub theme. 

22 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

We desperately need a new Tie Bomber and Interceptor. Heck a Bomber would even be worth the modern tie prices. I'll argue that the last OT tie was not bad. The only thing off about it is the dome canopy instead of the newer dish. But it really is overall very similar to the newer TFA one otherwise. Swap in the canopy from the tie advanced or newer Darth Vader set and it looks fine. 

On my deepest wish list would be a YT-2400 ala the Outrider, in scale with the current MF or Ghost. I remain hopeful as they just gave us the ship in Rebels. A "Hounds Tooth" with an assortment of Bounty Hunters would be a treat as well. We are also long overdue for a nice new Dagobah set with X-Wing (with weeds) Yoda's hut etc. 

Edited by Faefrost

1 hour ago, JDbricks said:

@Faefrost The Hounds Tooth would be awesome, is it still cannon though? It could come with 4-lom, Zuckuss, and maybe a more detailed Bossk.

Technically anything that appeared in Clone Wars series and Rebels is cannon. And Hounds Tooth showed up in Clone Wars. It always struck me as a design almost made for Lego. 

3 minutes ago, Faefrost said:

Technically anything that appeared in Clone Wars series and Rebels is cannon. And Hounds Tooth showed up in Clone Wars. It always struck me as a design almost made for Lego. 

Ah that's right, I forgot it was in the Clone Wars.

Feel I have an original enough idea or too, hear me out (I'm a prequel fiend):

Revenge of The Sith - Republic Gunship - Mace Windu, Anakin Skywalker, Phase III Clone Trooper, Phase III Clone Pilot (That one is a bit dodgy because I don't think we ever see one in the movie itself, we do in TCW though) - This one is based of off a rather important scene where Anakin confesses to Mace that Palpatine is actually a Sith Lord. It takes place in a Republic Gunship hangar and Mace gets into one. I guess the most unrealistic thing here would be that it's an action vehicle that isn't in an action scene, but they could take liberties with the box art.

Revenge of The Sith - UT-AT - Ki Adi Mundi and several Clone Troopers - No explanation really needed here. It's not the most notable set and we only see it for a second, but it's a great design that is looooong overdue.

Revenge of The Sith - Either 501st or Regular Phase II Clone Trooper battlepack - Bit of a pipe dream, but maybe one day. I think they feel it might cannibalize sales of the other battlepacks, lol.

Revenge of The Sith - ARC-170 - x3 Clone Pilots and an Astromech droid - It's been 6 years, pretty iconic fighter, this one is actually pretty realistic. Maybe not the third pilot but I'd imagine we'll see the fighter itself soon enough.

Revenge of The Sith - Small battle scene involving an AT-RT - x1 Clone Scout Trooper, x1 Kashyyyk Trooper, x3 battle droids - Lego have never nailed the scale on the AT-RT, I think they feel it's too small to justify its own set unless it's way beyond minifig scale. I think implementing it into a small battle scene (ie Battle of Saleucami, but AT-RT instead of the speeder) would be the perfect fit for this.

Attack of The Clones - Republic Gunship - x 1 Clone Pilot, x1 or x2 Clone Troopers, any combination of Jedi - I have no justification for this, I just didn't get it the first three times and really want it without paying extortionate fees for a used product :cry2:

Attack of The Clones - Geonosis Battle Droid Battle pack - x4 Geonosis Battle droids, x1 Super Battle droid - This one actually makes sense. We've only ever seen token ones in a few sets.

Attack of The Clones - Clone Trooper Battlepack - x3 Clone Troopers, x1 Clone Sergeant/Commander/Lieutenant/Captain - Bit too good to be true.

I believe that Lego could possibly make some more Rebels sets in the future 

Tie Advanced-1x Tie Pilot, Admiral Constantine, 2x Stormtroopers 

Imperial Interdictor- Admiral Titus, 2x Imperial Gunners, 1x Imperial Officer, Agent Kallus

Imperial Interrogation Room- Governor Pryce, Sabine Wren

Skirmish on Mandalore- Ezra, Gar Saxon, 1x Imperial Supercommando

Imperial Troop Transport- 6x Imperial Stormtroopers, Agent Kallus 

Anyone wishing for an OT X-wing, even though 2 TFA X-wings are currently on the market? I honestly don't like the TFA models, and I really don,t like the color scheme of both models.

Include Garven Dreis, Biggs and Wedge  = Profit. 

On 11/26/2016 at 10:24 PM, RetroInferno said:

Anyone wishing for an OT X-wing, even though 2 TFA X-wings are currently on the market? I honestly don't like the TFA models, and I really don,t like the color scheme of both models.

Include Garven Dreis, Biggs and Wedge  = Profit. 

I'm right there with you on that, I don't like the T-70 legos either..with the Rogue One, I think there is at least a slim chance we might be getting one sometime soon, as I see the last normal-sized X-wing set came out in 2012. But because it's RO, probably not with classic pilots. Although the 40th anniversary is closing in, so I think even an OT one wouldn't be far-fetched.

All I want is a proper mold for the Rebel Backpack that we can get in standard grey or brown and the winterized white.

2110_press03-001.jpg

Hoth_Trooper_backpack-jpg.jpg

On 11/25/2016 at 2:08 PM, Mark1006 said:

Feel I have an original enough idea or too, hear me out (I'm a prequel fiend):

Prequel fiend? *huh*

I'm a prequel fan and proud! :laugh:

AT-ACT: set includes an AT-ACT pilot, 2 Stormtroopers, a Scarif Shoretrooper, Edrio "Two Tubes", Saw Gerrera, and a rebel soldier. Set comes with an AT-ACT with removable middle orange section that can fit troops and supplies, an opening cockpit, an opening back section with space to fit a swoop bike, and a rope that can swing down to let troops off. Set also comes with a small piece of Scarif scenery with palm tree and outpost for the rebels. £109.99

Lego just needs to hit the prequel vehicles that we haven't seen in a while (airspeeders, Slave 1, ARC fighter) and other Empire Strikes Back sets besides Hoth (Dagobah, Bespin, etc.). Lastly, the Geonosian Arena is a must. Lego can jack up the price to a high amount and people will still buy it like crazy.

5 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Lego just needs to hit the prequel vehicles that we haven't seen in a while (airspeeders, Slave 1, ARC fighter) and other Empire Strikes Back sets besides Hoth (Dagobah, Bespin, etc.). Lastly, the Geonosian Arena is a must. Lego can jack up the price to a high amount and people will still buy it like crazy.

Yeah! Minifig-scale (or close) Acklays FTW!

Here are some "sets" which would fit those criteria (I guess?)

• Coruscant Pursuit ($59.99) Includes Yellow Airspeeder and Zam's Airspeeder. Minifigs = Obi-Wan Kenobi (2013 one), Anakin Skywalker (same as 2013 one, just new hairpiece), Zam Wesell (New!), and Padme Amidala (New!)

• Encounter on Dagobah ($19.99) Includes Yoda's hut which folds open to reveal interior. Minifigs = Dagobah Luke (New, with backpack), R2-D2 (2016 one), Yoda (2013 one)

• Asteroid Assault ($79.99) Includes Obi-Wan's Delta-7 Jedi Starfighter and Jango Fett's Slave I. Minifigs = Jango Fett (New!), Obi-Wan Kenobi (same as 2013 one, just new pilot headpiece), Young Boba Fett (2013 one), R4-P17 (2016 one), Geonosian Warrior (New!)

• Cloud Car ($19.99) Includes Bespin Cloud Car. Minifigs = Bespin Pilot (New!), Lobot (New!), Bespin Wing Guard (Advent Calendar version)

• Geonosian Arena ($139.99) Includes large, circular Geonosian Arena. Comes with brick-built, posable Acklay, and molded Reek and Nexu. Minifigs = 2x Winged Geonosian Warriors (New!), Obi-Wan Kenobi (2013 one), Anakin Skywalker (same as 2013 one, just new hairpiece), Padme Amidala (2013 one), Count Dooku (New!), Nute Gunray (New!)

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

• Geonosian Arena ($139.99) Includes large, circular Geonosian Arena. Comes with brick-built, posable Acklay, and molded Reek and Nexu. Minifigs = 2x Winged Geonosian Warriors (New!), Obi-Wan Kenobi (2013 one), Anakin Skywalker (same as 2013 one, just new hairpiece), Padme Amidala (2013 one), Count Dooku (New!), Nute Gunray (New!)

I think if they do Geonosian Arena they'll go full UCS on it like Assault on Hoth. It's just such a massive scene that has so many minifig opportunities along with the monsters and structural parts. Obi-wan, Padme, Anakin, Dooku, Poggle The Lesser, Jango, R2, Battle droid 3PO, Mace, 3 or 4 other Jedi, 2 Geonosians and a few battle droids. The 3 monsters, 3 pillars, the vehicle that carries the prisoners in, a tower structure where Dooku and ya boi Jango watch from, and a stand with a gate underneath.They could coincide it with a Republic Gunship that comes with Yoda and an actual decent selection of Clone Troopers.