darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

do you think there is any chance for Leia?

Sadly unlikely, for one of those funny truths of marketing that so many adults fail to appreciate about developing children. The book in question is very very much targeted at young 8-14 year old boys. The minifig is an incentive to get them to want the book. And unlike we AFOL's for the most part at those ages they are less "character collectors" and more "Minifigs as toys and playthings". To sell a Star Wars book to young boys they will stick one of the male characters in it. This is not to say that young boys do not play with female figs. But that the female figs are not the lure or the primary draw for them at those ages. The same holds true for the other side of things. When DK puts out a Friends or Elves guidebook it will not be packaged with "Juan Pablo the Cabana Boy". It will have one of the girl figs.

Bright Hope

Figs: Toryn Farr, FX-7, 2-1B, Zuckuss, 4-LOM

Brighthope.jpg

Mon Calamari Cruiser

Not just the interior like the set from a few years ago...but the entire ship done in a similar way like the current ISD

Minifigs: Ackbar, 2 Mon Calamari, Prune Face/Orrimaarko, Nien Nunb (maybe a new Mon Mothma/Crix Madine, Lando)

Nebulon-B Frigate

This would be great: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/35323

mc03.jpg

Jawa Camp

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jawa_camp

Basically a set to get multiple Jawas fairly cheap

^^

I like all of those ideas, in particular the Mon Calamari Star Cruiser, they could easily do it, the question is when. With the Rebels Show and 3 upcoming movies do we think Lego will be able to do some more OT and PT sets.

Even if I am pretty sure, that the next years will be verry episode VII and above centric for star wars lego, I still hope to see a Naboo guards battlepack with these http://www.geocities.ws/Hollywood/6355/SWGallery/palace_guards_3.jpg and these http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080410163423/starwars/images/d/d6/NRSF_SecGuards.jpg (which allready exist) in it. Hey we got a senate commando BP this year so why not hope.

Perhaps to celebrate the new Star Wars movie we should get a chrome Jar Jar Polybag, he is, after all everyone's favourite character.

But on a serious note, I would like to see the Naboo Cruiser from TPM, and if not that, the one used in RotS.

Perhaps to celebrate the new Star Wars movie we should get a chrome Jar Jar Polybag, he is, after all everyone's favourite character.

But on a serious note, I would like to see the Naboo Cruiser from TPM, and if not that, the one used in RotS.

can't help but think of that robot chicken scene, "Mesa all sparkly glowy!" :tongue:

But yes, I really wish we would get the queens ship instead of the 5th naboo fighter. That and a duel of the fates scene I've mentioned before.

Updated version of Darth Vader's Transformation

Burnt Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader after Transformation (EPIII), 4 Imperial Shock Troopers (EPIII), Emperor Palpatine (EPIII), 5 Medical Droids.

Edited by AudiBobaR5-D2

WOW, the Coruscant Police Gunship appeared In the new Ep of Rebels. Last year it was Toys R Us exclusive, maybe next year we get another one with imperial colors....

WOW, the Coruscant Police Gunship appeared In the new Ep of Rebels. Last year it was Toys R Us exclusive, maybe next year we get another one with imperial colors....

It did? That's quite nice! any chance of a picture?

When did it show up? I saw another landing craft, but no police gunship.

Ep - Call to Action - around 15:30

After watching the episode online, I can now confirm this.

16252199989_8dacd615d0.jpg

I would love one of these with an updated Grand Moff Tarkin minfigure :wub:

Edited by Sir Gareth

Not surprising. The shows are made by essentially the same teams, and Rebels has not been that shy about reusing art assets where they can get away with it.

Well, you can watch it online (at animeflavor.com for example)

Thanks again for the link, I had not been able to find a good site to watch them, but now I have, so I've watched the episodes I did not yet saw! :sweet:

I hope they make a bigger ITT (the one we got in the BP)

I didn't like this vehicle at first but after seeing it (repetitively) in Rebels and many very nice MOCs on the forum I do like it now.

It would come with 6 stormtroopers, 2 pilots and 1 officer. 69.99$

Also we are mssing a episode I Dart Maul. This summer exclusive sets (like last year MTT) is our last chance to see him before a long long time.

Either a brown vulture droid

Dart Maul, 1 Pilot battle droid and 1 neimodian (the one in the droid flagship) 24.99$ (basicly the last vuture droid but brownn and with different minifigures)

or

Duel of fates approximatly same size as Palpatine's Arrest

Qui gon, Obi wan, Darth Maul, Queen Amidala (battle of Theed costume) Captain Panaka and 1 red Naboo security officer

Sadly unlikely, for one of those funny truths of marketing that so many adults fail to appreciate about developing children. The book in question is very very much targeted at young 8-14 year old boys. The minifig is an incentive to get them to want the book. And unlike we AFOL's for the most part at those ages they are less "character collectors" and more "Minifigs as toys and playthings". To sell a Star Wars book to young boys they will stick one of the male characters in it. This is not to say that young boys do not play with female figs. But that the female figs are not the lure or the primary draw for them at those ages. The same holds true for the other side of things. When DK puts out a Friends or Elves guidebook it will not be packaged with "Juan Pablo the Cabana Boy". It will have one of the girl figs.

I generally only collect, build and MOC classic stuff (Episodes 4-6) and I have found Leia fairly well represented. I have 4 of her, as opposed to 5 or 6 Lukes, 5 Hans, 6 R2s, 5 3P0s. I've only purchased a 3P0 and R2 outside of sets. This collection includes (I think) around 17 sets from over the last 12 years or so. The only non classic set I have is a Republic Gunship and that came with an Amadala - I had to source extra troopers and droids to set up a display worthy MOC with it.

So, though I agree with your comment on developing children and how they play Faefrost, I don't think the Star Wars sets are catering to that. The design suggests to me that they are catering as much, if not more, to collectors than children.

Edited by ummester

I would love to see this as a Lego set:

The New Republic Nebula class star destroyer.

NebulaClassSD-EGTW.jpg

*Wookiee village

*Imperial SWTFU gunship

*Threed palace

*AP-2000039 bounty hunter gunship

*Naboo royal starship

*Punshing one (Dengar's ship)

I'm still hoping and waiting for a land based set on Yavin IV. They have designed models of it beforehand, but never released they. I'm also hoping for a remake of Yoda's hut, possibly the next time we get an OT X-Wing that'll be included in the set.