TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

they would probably do

A Team pack with Captain America and Iron Man with Cap's Motorcycle and Hulkbuster

Fun pack Bruce Banner much like bane he transform in game but with a Gamma container or something like that

Fun pack Thor with an asgardian ship like the one in Thor 2

A Team pack with Spider-Man & Green Goblin but with Spider-Helicopter and Green Goblin's glider

Fun pack with Loki and that chariot from the movie

Fun pack with Venom and ?

Fun pack with Mr.Fantastic with the fantasticcar

Fun pack with Wolverine and the X-Jet

This is definitely not a probably - take this to the wishlist forum. There is no chance that they would do all or most of these. This is a wishlist. Thanks :laugh:

YES!! That would be the best way to get a Bruce Banner figure!!! Nice idea! :thumbup:

I'm really excited for SDCC! Hopefully we'll get some news before then..

Edited by Ashnflash

honestly as much as I love Star Wars and Marvel, I don't want them in this game. because they would overshadow some of the other great properties. I mean did you ever even think we would get ET, Powerpuff Girls, Knight Rider, The A-Team, Back to the Future, Portal 2, Mission Impossible and Midway Arcade in a Lego Game? No. its just i kinda hope we don;t get them until year 4 or something. because i want new properties. well with DC in the game I don't think they can do Marvel because of legal issues with having two comic brands in one game. but if they did bring them in i would be ok with it as long as they don't give us like 10 star wars packs or 10 marvel packs. if they did bring them into the game the characters i could see happening would be of course Darth Vader, Yoda, Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia maybe Darth Maul but on Marvel probably Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Venom, Hulk and have Bruce Banner as the minifigure but much like Bane he transforms in game. but also maybe Loki and The Green Goblin. but those are just my thoughts if this happens.

If Year 1 themes not getting any future packs will be any sort of precedent, then ET et all wouldn't be getting more Year 3 packs anyway. And it's not like Star Wars and Marvel will take up an entire year's worth of real estate. They probably would take at least as much as DC (probably plus a level pack or two), but there will still be plenty of space for whatever new franchises they've got coming out Year 3. Or Year 4. It doesn't really make a difference when. (But I say the sooner the better, personally.)

Also, there really wouldn't be an issue with DC and Marvel coexisting in a game. If Disney and Warner are willing to sign the contracts it won't make the universe explode or anything. Probably. Bringing together different companies' properties is sort of the point of the game.

Edited by Super Fish Oil

Also, there really wouldn't be an issue with DC and Marvel coexisting in a game. If Disney and Warner are willing to sign the contracts it won't make the universe explode or anything. Probably. Bringing together different companies' properties is sort of the point of the game.

But it needs to be epic and amazing, since it has never happened before. Maybe a story pack?

If Year 1 themes not getting any future packs will be any sort of precedent, then ET et all wouldn't be getting more Year 3 packs anyway. And it's not like Star Wars and Marvel will take up an entire year's worth of real estate. They probably would take at least as much as DC (probably plus a level pack or two), but there will still be plenty of space for whatever new franchises they've got coming out Year 3. Or Year 4. It doesn't really make a difference when. (But I say the sooner the better, personally.)

well its just i want new properties that haven't been in Lego form.

Whoa. First I find out Fox and Marvel are partnering up for a new X-Men tv show and now "who knows if Star Wars and Marvel will be in Dimensions but we like to break the rules" winks the guy who makes the game? If there's a nerd version of a lady boner, I'm pretty sure I just figured it out.

Notice that current packs are heavily discounted and readily available? If they hit upon a theme that drastically increases demand, they may be compelled to milk it at the expense of other properties. Note LEGO is able to produce new Star Wars sets every year despite dry spells of no new source material. And I think Star Wars is what saved LEGO from collapse.

I wanna see one or two tmnt packs like leonardo with a turtle van and turtle blimp mini vehicle and to follow up maybe shredder with a mini technodrome or maybe a transport module. the turtle van and blimp could shoot lasers and the technodrome/module could be used for drilling parts. you could explore the turtles lair new york and go underground to look round the tehnodrome and of course there'd be plenty of foot soldiers for you to fit. Maybe add donatello for his hacking ability with a cheapskate that can be rebuilt into a hover board

When do you guys think the packs will be retiring? Are they just going to keep selling them like LEGO games, or will they eventually stop selling Dimensions?

I wanna see one or two tmnt packs like leonardo with a turtle van and turtle blimp mini vehicle and to follow up maybe shredder with a mini technodrome or maybe a transport module. the turtle van and blimp could shoot lasers and the technodrome/module could be used for drilling parts. you could explore the turtles lair new york and go underground to look round the tehnodrome and of course there'd be plenty of foot soldiers for you to fit. Maybe add donatello for his hacking ability with a cheapskate that can be rebuilt into a hover board

Perhaps the ninja turtles could be like the Ghostbusters, as it would be kind of much to have a pack for each turtle. That would be neat.

I think the multitude of IPs will help keep the game honest. I don't see Disney, Star Wars, or Marvel suddenly entering the field and dominating all the products - Warner Bros and DC would have something to say about that. And I think Lego doesn't want it to just become the "Disney Show".

It's very similar to a company called WizKids that make a tabletop minis game in the superhero genre called Heroclix. That games uses characters from Marvel, DC, and some indie properties. These characters can fight against each other and of course that contributed to multiple discussions/arguments on which IP is more powerful. WizKids addresses this by making fewer DC expansions per year than Marvel expansions, but the DC expansions tend to have more powerful characters. That makes both IPs happy - Marvel has more characters, but DC has more powerful characters. The same can be true for Dimensions. Both IPs can exist respectfully in the Dimensions world.

Ya that's a good point. For me personally if Marvel and Star Wars had come out in Year 1 I would buy the Doctor Who and Ghostbusters packs over them any day. I've would already have all the figures probably that would come with them... Plus Marvel and Star Wars already have their own games which would make we wanna buy them less.. It's like the DC ones, the only ones I bought were Superman and Aquaman because they're essential to getting the 100% (Oh also Cyborg after I heard the TTG thing). And if I wanna play as WW, Joker, Harley, or Bigfig Bane all I need to do is pop in LB3... ALTHOUGH if Disney packs with characters that have not been released then I will definitely buy those first!

Also just thought of something! Because Supergirl can transform in her Red Lantern self it would be super cool if they released a Green Lantern figure where you can switch between a bunch of different Green Lanterns like Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner or even more like the Doctor!

When do you guys think the packs will be retiring? Are they just going to keep selling them like LEGO games, or will they eventually stop selling Dimensions?

Perhaps the ninja turtles could be like the Ghostbusters, as it would be kind of much to have a pack for each turtle. That would be neat.

A turtles sewer lair would be epic beyond words I don't realistically see it happening though. Though your doing a franchise with core team of four characters I'd like to have more than one to choose from. I mean ray stantz has goggles that can be used for x ray abilities egon has his pk meter that could function like wildstyles scanner and the turtles I dunno michaelangelo used to use a grappling hook allot in the cartoon maybe that could his gimmick though I'd only wat about two at most or maybe one character that can be changed into multiple team members. like a sewer lid the turtles can come out or a firemans pole the ghostbusters slide down

With both ghostbusters teams as one member unlocking the rest it made me wonder. Why not do that for Ninjago?! I mean Nya and the Sensei could be seperate but the five main ninjas didn't need to be separate. Thoughts?

Also just thought of something! Because Supergirl can transform in her Red Lantern self it would be super cool if they released a Green Lantern figure where you can switch between a bunch of different Green Lanterns like Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner or even more like the Doctor!

I second this! :wub: From day 1 was announced i wanted Green Lantern in the game same with The Flash.

With both ghostbusters teams as one member unlocking the rest it made me wonder. Why not do that for Ninjago?! I mean Nya and the Sensei could be seperate but the five main ninjas didn't need to be separate. Thoughts?

Ninjago is one of the most well known LEGO-original properties. Why should they make it only three packs? Plus, all the ninjas have a LOT of different abilities, so buying one pack with 5 ninjas would give you like, 75% of the abilities, and also which vehicle would they pick? I mean, I guess Destiny's Bounty, or a dragon that can change into each ninja's dragon, but LEGO is making more money the way they did it.

Keep in mind that when it comes to abilities, all the Ghostbusters have at face value are their Proton Packs. Having 4 separate characters would make no sense if they all did exactly the same thing.

When it comes to the Ninja, each and every single one of them have very distinct and unique skills. Each has an elemental power, Cole is incredibly strong, Zane has a sixth sense of sorts, etc...

Keep in mind that when it comes to abilities, all the Ghostbusters have at face value are their Proton Packs. Having 4 separate characters would make no sense if they all did exactly the same thing.

That wouldn't bother me. You could also do things like give one of them a PKE Meter and the others stuff like the Ghost Grenades and Ghost Chipper from the new movie.

I don't think Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is an option as long as another company has the construction toy rights. For an IP to be available for this game, it needs to be available both for toys-to-life video games and for construction toys.

Okay, so it's been known for a while that you can switch between the new Ghostbusters characters. Nothing special, we could already cycle through the Doctors and the old Ghostbusters.

What hasn't been clear to me was that all Ghostbusters are on the screen at the same time, similiar to e.g. Lego Harry Potter. See

The lady also says that the blonde Ghostbuster has unique abilities that the others don't have.

Has anyone seen footage of the new Ghostbusters outside their Story Level? Like, will there be one or four new Ghostbusters on the screen in the Adventure worlds, and what about their individual abilities?

Is it known yet what the sonic pack will be like? thats one of the main year two sets I intend to get. I'm hoping to see a full green hill zone 2d stage made entirely out of lego. I'm wondering what the accessories wil be though? a starpost and a badnik? or maybe a brick build tails for use as a flying vehicle?

Edited by lockdownTF

Sonic comes with the Tornado while the other accessory remains a secret for now. :wink:

Sonic comes with the Tornado while the other accessory remains a secret for now. :wink:

well do you know if we will be getting more than 1 sonic pack. because on the leaked list last year it said S1 which we know now is Sonic! but do think we will get another Sonic pack?