TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

If you have the money(this isn't cheap but it's awesome), this is a good solution: http://paintier.com/Paintier100.html

More images: https://imgur.com/gallery/ZwZUf

That is really awesome, though unfortunately not super portable/discreet - my mom is not particularly a fan of toys/games/Lego stuff being shown off around the house. I love how you are able to label each franchise though, it looks great!

my mom is not particularly a fan of toys/games/Lego stuff being shown off around the house.

Move away! Go to Africa! If you're already in Africa, come to the States, or go to Russia or somewhere.

Move away! Go to Africa! If you're already in Africa, come to the States, or go to Russia or somewhere.

DON'T move to UK though, we've all doomed over here now

Brexit happened and complaining won't change it so lets not turn this topic in politcal debate please.

Yeah me. Plus there is a new movie due in 2017.

Really? Could Lego base it off that?

Edit: It's actually coming out in 2018.

Edited by amazingbricks

Brexit happened and complaining won't change it so lets not turn this topic in politcal debate please.

It was only a joke, chill

Don't come to Chicago in America. We don't like each other here. :hmpf_bad:

Strangely enough I will be moving to the east coast of the USA soon, though I'm not sure how I feel about it. I will be able to have more Lego stuff around the apartment though, so that will be good!

I just had a thought, I'm assuming LEGO will keep all Dimensions packs in production for a long time, because if they started discontinuing sets then it could become very expensive in the future to buy the older packs.

Lego Dimensions confirmed for NX.

Now I debate whether I should pick up the Wii U version, or wait until the NX version comes out.

That article doesn't confirm any such thing. It confirms that Warner Bros. is committed to supporting the NX, but only says that Lego Dimensions is one of the prominent WB properties that could "potentially" be brought to the NX.

It would certainly nice to get an NX version of Dimensions, but depending on whether or not Lego Dimensions exceeds its initial three-year plan it's not entirely clear whether a port this late in the game's lifespan would be worthwhile.

I just had a thought, I'm assuming LEGO will keep all Dimensions packs in production for a long time, because if they started discontinuing sets then it could become very expensive in the future to buy the older packs.

They won't discontinue sets at least not in the short term. I suspect they want everyone to be able to collect all of them for quite a while. Maybe years down the road they may once they have 0 being sold period but even then I'm not sure. Or when they discontinue Lego Dimensions all together then they will but that is so far in the future we don't have to worry about it.

Edited by Tech Artist

Lego has a history of doing this. Every year. Sets like the Taj Mahal and Millenium Falcon go for thousands.

They could very easilly do this with Lego Dimensions too. All they need to do is keep coming out with new characters that fulfil the same in-game abiiilties as the older ones, so that people could still get to those bits.

Any news on when we'll see pictures of the new packs?

Still curious on what the hell the connectables are...

Still hope they are ways to incorporate the Battle Arenas into the first year franchises' Adventure Worlds.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for the connectables, the guys around here with knowledge on the subject have said that they aren't really anything to get excited about.

So besides SW Lego Games coming out i take it Dimensions is the only other Lego Video Game in the foreseeable future?

That is really awesome, though unfortunately not super portable/discreet - my mom is not particularly a fan of toys/games/Lego stuff being shown off around the house. I love how you are able to label each franchise though, it looks great!

Move to The Netherlands! It maybe small, but at least you don't get confused what you can and can't do in some States. And the UK has a Brexit, so visit their neighbours. :P

I wouldn't get your hopes up for the connectables, the guys around here with knowledge on the subject have said that they aren't really anything to get excited about.

No idea who "the guys" are and where "here" is, but if it's not exciting, I presume it does not include any figs, big builds or unlocks new levels/worlds. If that is correct, then I would guess microbuilds that add a vehicle in-game or extra currency or something.

Wait, a new Knight Rider movie is due in 2017? I didn't know this... Don't tell me this hub world/characters are actually built on THAT and not the old show though?

So besides SW Lego Games coming out i take it Dimensions is the only other Lego Video Game in the foreseeable future?

Well, also LEGO Worlds (which is still in early access) and various mobile games like the LEGO Nexo Knights Merlok 2.0 app. Other than those, LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and LEGO Dimensions, I don't think Tt Games has announced anything else.