TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

If they are going to announce more IPs, I'm going to say it's either Angry Birds or Minecraft

Those are the only current LEGO licenses missing here on Dimensions, right?

If they are going to announce more IPs, I'm going to say it's either Angry Birds or Minecraft

Nexo knights :)

Or maybe the CMF's?

This could be a way to bring back popular CMF's like they just did with the S9 Chicken Suit Guy

Or maybe an exclusive Centaur CMF, since it can't fit in a bag :laugh::look:

Or maybe the CMF's?

This could be a way to bring back popular CMF's like they just did with the S9 Chicken Suit Guy

Or maybe an exclusive Centaur CMF, since it can't fit in a bag :laugh::look:

Nah

Nexo knights :)

That's a current theme, but not a licensed one. Elves is another homegrown LEGO-original theme that might work, as is Bionicle.

Other current licensed themes include tons of Disney-owned ones, notably the Marvel Comics universe and Star Wars, as well as Disney Princess and various other things.

That's a current theme, but not a licensed one. Elves is another homegrown LEGO-original theme that might work, as is Bionicle.

Other current licensed themes include tons of Disney-owned ones, notably the Marvel Comics universe and Star Wars, as well as Disney Princess and various other things.

Everything Disney related is impossible for now

I meant other licenses

Edited by Robert8

So is there no new main story campaign besides the level and story packs? That's a bit disappointing if there isn't since I really enjoyed the last one.

Stripe has Satyr legs? That's kind of weird. I feel like he's too tall, but recolored Satyr legs are fun, so...I'd say it's a wash. A very good wash, considering it's LEGO Gremlins, but a wash all the same.

So is there no new main story campaign besides the level and story packs? That's a bit disappointing if there isn't since I really enjoyed the last one.

There is a new story mode- it was confirmed in the press release last week. It said something along the lines Vortech having hidden pieces of himself in new Dimensions and the main characters trying to find them.

Alright guys, i need some help with the last (or second last actually) Gold Brick in the Scooby World:

It's the one under water where you need Slimer to break the glass in order to enter that hatch to get into a cavern. The thing is, inside the cavern there are TONS of Bat-signals but... as we all know, Batman can NOT dive under water! So what is the solution here? I tried putting him in a sub but it won't let me use his batarangs under water regardless! Drain the cavern of water somehow? Since it's a cave separated by bars to the ocean, that would mean drain the whole OCEAN? Ugh it's probably something simple that i just cannot SEE!

Also: I assume i will get another Goldbrick once i completed the rest since it only shows that last cavern one i can't get but no more after that and i am still missing 2?

^^Um, Slimer can also hit the Batman signals, IIRC.

If Goldbricks are missing but there aren't any displayed on the map, you are either missing a race, Ruler Breaker, or you have a rare counter bug.

Anyway, packattack's 100% videos help a lot (

)

^^Um, Slimer can also hit the Batman signals, IIRC.

If Goldbricks are missing but there aren't any displayed on the map, you are either missing a race, Ruler Breaker, or you have a rare counter bug.

Anyway, packattack's 100% videos help a lot (

)

Thanks man! Why the HELL would Slimer be able to hit Bat signals though? I mean....what's the link here?

I forgot that you need Rule Breaker in actual Hub worlds as well for a gold brick hmmm, i'll check it out!

There is a new story mode- it was confirmed in the press release last week. It said something along the lines Vortech having hidden pieces of himself in new Dimensions and the main characters trying to find them.

Actually I think the new story is interwoven into the story packs, at least that's what it sounds like to me:

'Story Packs also expand the Starter Pack story with deeper gameplay. In the game’s storyline, the evil Lord Vortech has hidden portions of his powers around the LEGO Multiverse. As players progress through Story Pack levels, they can unearth and tap into Keystone Runes to use Lord Vortech’s powers against him through all-new Toy Pad modes.'

Also Howie Mandel confirmed he's Gizmo!

I think Strax may be shown at E3. The official Doctor Who page have teased something:

The Doctor welcomes Harry Potter, Adventure Time,Ghostbusters, Sonic The Hedgehog and many others into the LEGO Dimensions universe! You don't need a bigger TARDIS but you're going to need a bigger imagination! #E32016

#E32016

Why would they advertise LEGO Dimensions at E3 if they weren't going to show anything Doctor Who-related?

I think Strax may be shown at E3. The official Doctor Who page have teased something:

The Doctor welcomes Harry Potter, Adventure Time,Ghostbusters, Sonic The Hedgehog and many others into the LEGO Dimensions universe! You don't need a bigger TARDIS but you're going to need a bigger imagination! #E32016

#E32016

Why would they advertise LEGO Dimensions at E3 if they weren't going to show anything Doctor Who-related?

Hey as long as they don't announce River Song as a playable character for the game then I think we are good. Though Strax isn't really a character I was pining for in terms of characters for Lego Dimensions, but I guess he's the next best thing we are going to get with new content I suppose. Edited by Starscream759

I'd be surprised at Strax. It's kinda like Gollum appearing at the end of the Dimensions trailer - it's not like there's gonna be new LOTR stuff, it was just to use the ring to set-up Sonic.

But, out of all characters, why Strax? Doesn't really incline me to purchase a funpack.

He's the only one that's leaked out. I would expect Missy first but there's a lot of reasons why they'd do Strax.

- Sontarans are one of the show's most iconic alien species.

- He's a member of the hugely popular recurring character groups called the Paternoster Gang.

- He's a recent recurring character from the series who has even had his own audio spinoff called Jago, Litefoot & Strax

- Dan Starkey would be pretty cheap to hire to record new soundbites if they didn't record some with him before along with the Adventure World dialogue

- It would allow them to include one of the show's most recognisable alien spaceships in the Sontaran Pod as a minibuild.

I would expect them to promote it as unlocking a Battle Arena for the Doctor Who Adventure World to make it an enticing buy. I doubt it'll release this year based on what people in the know have said about there disappointingly being no LEGO Doctor Who this year but it's a possible release for next January-March.

I can hope, but if there really are going to be over 20 new IPs in this game, I quite fear that we won't get anything else for previous IPs.

Then again, half of the new ones will probably only have one pack anyway. (A-Team. Knight Rider, Beetlejuice, Mission Impossible, Gremlins, and ET,) so 6 of the 16 new franchises, I guess that's less than half and about equal to how many IPs only got one pack in Phase 1. So maybe I'm wrong, and that's all of Phase 1 we'll ever get.

I can hope, but if there really are going to be over 20 new IPs in this game, I quite fear that we won't get anything else for previous IPs.

I really hope not. Alienating the fans of the original franchises would be a massive mistake and whilst they will get new fans from the new franchises, they'll lose a lot of players who started playing from 1.0. It's not like anyone's asking for much, just one new pack for each original franchise to give them Battle Arenas.