TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

man all these bugs and cracked pieces are making me nervous :look:. hopefully when i get the game during the christmas season they'll be sorted out. fingers crossed

I totally agree, this expansion is superb. The 'puzzle' element to the Adventure World makes it feel distinctly different to the other 11 and captures what Doctor Who is all about, whizzing about in the TARDIS doing stuff!

Mark Warburton, Andy Holt and the rest of the Tt developers really have delivered the best Doctor Who video game experience yet. The Story level is pleasingly timey-wimey and looks stunning.

The K-9 build is brilliant and stuffing the TARDIS with bricks for the alternate builds makes it feel heavier than it looks and really robust. And you get a spare Sonic Screwdriver!

Hehe ... Yeah, the extra sonic screwdriver almost makes it worth it itself :laugh:

Ive had hours of fun already, but im restraining myself.

I so want to play the freeroam during christmas, watching the Doctor Who Christmas special and just enjoy being a Whovian ! :classic:

man all these bugs and cracked pieces are making me nervous :look:. hopefully when i get the game during the christmas season they'll be sorted out. fingers crossed

My console is PS3, i havent had any problems at all. Only issue is that i dont know how to change the soundtrack from Danish to English.

It seems that legozebras issues is due to the store he bought the sets from ( discussed in Dimensions physical bricks discussion in "Licensed theme forum" ).

That said, some people have had issues i must say.

Just my shake on it. :classic:

Edited by KlodsBrik

I so want to play the freeroam during christmas, watching the Doctor Who Christmas special and just enjoy being a Whovian ! :classic:

It would be great if they update the Adventure World seasonally, so in Winter you get a snow-capped 21st Century London with Pilot Fish and Killer Christmas Trees and Trenzalore as the village planet before it became a graveyard.

It would be great if they update the Adventure World seasonally, so in Winter you get a snow-capped 21st Century London with Pilot Fish and Killer Christmas Trees and Trenzalore as the village planet before it became a graveyard.

OMFG ..... Yeah, that would be freaking awesome.

Now, ive been done with WOW for several years, but that so made a difference. Hope LEGO watch this post, incase they havent already planned something similiar !!

OMFG ..... Yeah, that would be freaking awesome.

Now, ive been done with WOW for several years, but that so made a difference. Hope LEGO watch this post, incase they havent already planned something similiar !!

Only thing is: what could you have in Spring?

Maybe the bus from Planet of the Dead and Tritovores?

Summer would be hard too. Autumn could have some Water of Mars characters appear (Gadget maybe).

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

Only thing is: what could you have in Spring?

Maybe the bus from Planet of the Dead and Tritovores?

Summer would be hard too. Autumn could have some Water of Mars characters appear (Gadget maybe).

A very vague connection here but Summer could be Satellite Five and the Solar Flares thing.

Yeah, uh, went to TRU today. They had all the new packs minus Doctor Who. Stuck me as a little odd, maybe it was just my store. Not even a price tag. Anyone else?

Yeah, uh, went to TRU today. They had all the new packs minus Doctor Who. Stuck me as a little odd, maybe it was just my store. Not even a price tag. Anyone else?

It has been like this all over the world it seems. Doctor Who not showing up as the only set on the day of release.

In Denmark the second wave was released on the 2nd of October, but the Doctor Who set wasnt available until the sixth.

( And the store i finally got it from told me that they only had 6 packs delivered, considering it to be a huge electronics store in Denmark thats a bit odd. )

Edited by KlodsBrik

Really impressed with the dedication to the DW world and the wide variety of characters present in the DW level pack!

I found several characters, aliens, references, and more interesting points including:

The Paternoster Gang

Ice Warriors

Ood

Clockwork Droids

Rusty the Dalek

The Silence

Jack Harkness

Autons

Osgood

Cybermats

Cybermen

Daleks

Weeping Angels

Zygons

Torchwood

The Moment

Different TARDIS for 4th Doctor if the day is a multiple of 4

The TARDIS changes its theme song depending on the current Doctor

Matt Smith will do the drunken giraffe dance at random moments (and it's hilariously cute)

Quite a nice roster if you ask me, and knowing me, I'm sure I've missed some. Really appreciate the dedication to the source material in this pack!

Giant Robot

Omega

Master's Grandfather clock TARDIS

A salute from Cyber-Brig

Bessie!!!

This level pack just keeps on giving!

Am I the only one that thinks it would be cool to get smurfs packs next wave? (After all they are owned by Hanna Barbera which also owns Scooby-Doo, the Flintstones, and the Jetsons: all of which have either been hinted or physically put in the game)

I think their contract expired a year or two ago.

Wish they didn't have the current license on Spongebob, TMNT, and Star Trek. That's some real trading up from smurfs. Don't get me wrong, smurfs could cause some fun unexpected interactions, as is the soul of Dimensions, but Lego having let the first two lapse is a shame for Dimensions' sake, and trek woulda filled some spacefarer emptiness from the Star Wars noninclusion.

I just bought the game yesterday after a while of having 6 packs (Emmet, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, The Doctor, Marty, Nya) just for toys' sake. I will probably hit up Target's buy 2 get 1 to branch into the worlds of Scooby, Portal, and Jurassic Park.

Though I also am wanting to get funpacks for some of the abilities I've been seeing crop up over and over:

a short guy

a diver

electric character

a water-er

And Adventure Worlds I'll still need access to are (currently available ones):

Simpsons

Chima

Wizard of Oz

I figure if I get 3, I could hit short with Bart.. dive with Cragger.. and I guess the Witch for maximum world exploration? Alternately Krusty for watering (and keeping Simpsons access), and Jay for lightning.

I really really want Gimli, Benny, and Unikitty character-wise, but their abilities are technically redundant or niche, it seems.

Anyone have any idea of the shelf life of the sets? When am I gonna be outta luck for ever getting a complete collection? I'm tightly budgeting for the rest of the year and maybe even into Feb, the $55 on Scoob, Chell, and the Velociraptor + 3 for 2 fun packs is all I can really handle. Should I just go for the characters I love and hire a hero on abilities?

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

SpiderSpaceman: if you are looking for a character that generates electricity, the ACU Trooper does that in the Jurassic World team pack (sounded liked you are getting that one). And regarding Unikitty - I was going to pass on her but then I realized that she is the only one that can break apart rainbow LEGO bricks.... Long story short - she is now in my collection. Hope you enjoy the game as much as I have!

Yes Unikitty is a must, because of her unique abilities. I've been trying to figure out the most efficient way to do the most, without owning the most--it's tough but for the most part it works. Don't forget, vehicles can be upgraded in game too, and they give many abilities that other characters have.

I picked up the Dr. Who set and Jurassic World this past weekend from Toys R Us (I took advantage of a buy one, get one 40% off too, so while Who was about $2 more from the markup, I got JW for $15). And I have Scooby, Portal, and Wizard of Oz. So far these are giving me abilities to do most things.

Still, I do see all the time abilities I don't have--namely water (Aquaman) and rainbow Unikitty. And Ghost. I have to say it's particularly annoying to constantly see these things and not be able to do anything about it. Although from the update, Dimensions added a "Hire a Hero" ability (activated after punching the gold question/answer boxes that pop up) that allow you to purchase (at a cost of $50,000 studs) temporarily a wave one character you don't have and need to solve a puzzle. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like an expensive-stud wise solution...

---

On Dr. Who, I think the set as a whole is spectacular. The physical bricks are great, as are the abilities in game. It's simply amazing to fly around in the Tardis. I find it a very useful vehicle, since anyone can enter and fly it, allowing air transportation to anyone in need. The Doctor is a great character too--although to be honest, I'm upset that the character doesn't use more ranged weapons officially--because he's always getting exterminated before he can run up and smack a Dalek with his screwdriver. :grin:

I though the Level was ok, but it paled in comparison to the Dr. Who Level already included in Dimensions honestly. It was mostly Dalek rehash. There were some Weeping Angels, but they were not nearly as interesting because the lights were not getting cut out. It also felt a bit strange because there was no companion for the doctor. I do like the Tardis feature of traveling through time/space however, as it made the level interesting, and it adds small mini levels to the other main ones--if you can find the stand that allow it in level. Like others have noted, you can travel to the Flintstones (I think from the Simpsons level). I've also found Dinosaurs in Space, but nothing else yet. There appears to be some 10-15 other "hidden" Dr. Who levels.

The Dr. Who Free-World is very good, and it encompasses many locations and characters. Of course now I really want a Missy figure! It could be possible, she doesn't use any new molds or anything, but that could just be wishful thinking. :laugh: Incidentally, the JW world is pretty boring. There's barely any dinosaurs running around, and they don't do anything. I've yet to see a T-Rex, so that's a fail. The JW character's abilities are useful however so it wasn't a wasted purchase.

Also of note, with the Wave 2 update, I think my Dimensions game is far more buggy than it was before. I was experiencing some weird lag when flying around Middle Earth in a Tardis, and this past weekend my game crashed twice. So that's something...

The Dr. Who Free-World is very good, and it encompasses many locations and characters. Of course now I really want a Missy figure! It could be possible, she doesn't use any new molds or anything, but that could just be wishful thinking. :laugh:

Nah, I'll be shocked if they don't do a Missy NFC minifigure (either as a fun pack or team pack with Clara); one that allows you to play as every incarnation of the Master no doubt.

@Cpt.Nemo. I got JW at launch and there were no dinosaurs at all! I think there was a bug in the Wii U edition. After the update for wave 2 they suddenly appeared, but I've already got 27 of 29 Gold Bricks in there so I can't really enjoy them now! I envy your world with its (admittedly mainly pointless)dinosaurs!

Also, Hire a Hero is a bit limited. The cost of a hire increases each time you use the same character, so if you're thinking of, for example, not buying Aquaman and hiring him you'll need to do a lot of stud farming!

In levels, you can only hire heros with coins collected in that level, so avoid hiring hero's in Adventure Worlds before you are sure you don't need them to get a minikit, or something else, in a level!

No dinosaurs? Wow that's terrible. There's only a few on mine (for PS3). Some Brontosaurus, Raptors, and some Ankylosaurus--who are surprisingly incredibly aggressive and they will attack you. Indominus is there, but she just walks around her cage, and does nothing. Won't even attack you. So far that's all I've seen. It's really surprising, considering TT could have basically copy and pasted the dinos from the Jurassic World game. :look:

Didn't realize Hire a Hero increased in price after use. Still, I just snagged the 2x extra, so that would help out. Anything to avoid buying Aquaman.

Didn't realize Hire a Hero increased in price after use. Still, I just snagged the 2x extra, so that would help out. Anything to avoid buying Aquaman.

I think Krusty does the water things. At least, he has two abilities not shared by any other currently available character according to this chart posted by Brickset.

I've sorted out every character you need to get 100% for the least amount of money(and the quickest). This includes upgrading most of the vehicles in game.

- Starter Pack

- Back to the Future

- Portal

- Simpsons

- Doctor Who

- Gamer Kid

- Ghostbusters

- Scooby Doo

- Wicked Witch

- Jurassic World

This crosses out 12/14 different worlds. For Chima I would recommend Cragger, because he has a lot of different abilities, but another Chima is fine. For Ninjago i Would recommend Zane, because he also has all the same abbilities as Superman. So you don't have to buy two of DC world. But for the pole vault you need Sensei Wu or Legolas. So this is more the choice of your likening. Do you want superman and sensei wu or zane and Legolas.

- Cragger

- Zane or Sensei Wu

- Superman or Legolas

For extra characters you need:

- Unikitty

- Cyberman or Doc Brown

- Aquaman

- Emmet

- Slimer/Gimli/Gollum or Bart for your short character. (I would go with Slimer, because he looks awesome with my Ghostbusters car).

I hope this list will help you guys and give some clearance in which characters you need. I'm still deciding in the extra characters. Have a look here guys.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/lego-dimensions/277937-lego-dimensions-complete-ability-list.html

Edited by ???theriddler???

I've sorted out every character you need to get 100% for the least amount of money(and the quickest). This includes upgrading most of the vehicles in game.

This will be very usefull. Thanks a lot :classic:

Edited by KlodsBrik