Bob De Quatre

75095 TIE Fighter

Whoa... That looks awesome! Is there more info on this? Perhaps even some instructions or a LDD?

As much as I like the new wings on the new UCS Tie fighter and the connections to the "ball" I just love the far more aggresive looking plate-design for the cockpit, and the details are just wonderful!

No, not that i am aware off, but you can see more image in his brickshelf folders.

Maybe he has e newer flikr account, I don’t know, looks like other users here now more of him then I do.

Edited by LoRd AmUnRa

Like it. This unusual design of cockpit ball in my opinion gives model more "mehanical-technic-more serious" look. Will probably get it.

Looks good. Will wait till I see it in Lego store for final decision. Then they will not have any in stock a bit like Slave 1. None in stock anywhere. Will wait for Slave 1 also as I have other stuff to build.

That's it! You completely summarized my thoughts.

It looks Naff! In fact any Ultimate Star Wars set that has studs all over it makes it look and feel like Lego Corp doesn't give a crap what they sell. I have a much better idea - Have any future sets in this range be made studless so that it is seemless in it's construction, looks much more appealing to look at, more attractive to buyers. Everyone's a winner!!!

It looks Naff! In fact any Ultimate Star Wars set that has studs all over it makes it look and feel like Lego Corp doesn't give a crap what they sell. I have a much better idea - Have any future sets in this range be made studless so that it is seemless in it's construction, looks much more appealing to look at, more attractive to buyers. Everyone's a winner!!!

I've often wondered if tiles are more expensive to manufacture than plates and why more of the larger Star Wars sets don't come with more tiles. The Sandcrawler had fantastic detail on the back and top, making the sides look kind of cheap in comparison. It was only around $50 of tiles from Bricklink to tile the sides up - not sure why TLG doesn't think to include things like this and give the sets a more complete look out of the box.

Edited by ummester

By far the best official UCS TIE so far (Interceptor, Advanced) :)

Regarding proportions: everything would fit nicely if the wings were a few studs shorter. However in order to get the right angle of the wings, the 2x4 wedge is used. Should the model be shorter you would need to remove a 2x4 wedge at the top and the bottom and then the wings would be way too short.

The alternatives would be.

1. To build the ship wider and deeper and make a larger ball - making the ship too big in relation to what is normal for a UCS fighter (to be honest, I was expecting 800-1100 bricks for this - but I am not complaining :D)

2. To shorten then wings - 8 studs - and compensate by making everything smaller.

3. To make a hack to make the wings only a few studs shorter - which I don't think is a valid solution for an TLG build.

Bottom line - I understand the designer's choices. However, I will of course try the hack the wings to get more correct proportions :)

Edited by mortesv

Not to be contrarian, but where does this legend of UCS=Studless originate. 2 UCS sets have been fairly Studless. Slave 1 and the Imperial Shuttle. All the rest generally have more exposed studs than their system scale counterparts. I could swear they have said in the past that they like maintaining some studded look on the UCS sets as it keeps them resembling creations made of Lego rather than simply models.

...dude, there's hardly a stud on it.

I just don't see the point in idolizing a tie fighter. Yes, it is iconic but there are dozens of cooler ships to choose from, or land vehicles *cough* *cough* AT-ST *cough*

While this looks good, I'm undecided on whether I'll be getting this. I guess I'll have to see what the new shuttle looks like...

Better ships. Yes..

But I need this to compliment the X-wing. Yes, as a 39 year old Star Wars child, there are 3 iconic must have ships. This is the Megatron to Optimas Prime..

200€ for 2 wings and a blocky ball.

Ouch.

My thoughts also, not really worth it.

It's on the Lego store right now. I was thinking €200 was overpriced for this set. Guess what? It's €230... That's € 0,1365 per piece. I know I'll probably end up paying that, but... if this trend goes on I'll probably get out of the hobby pretty soon.

http://shop.lego.com...E-Fighter-75095

On the Italian section of Lego Shop it is €219,99: still overpriced.

Beside why prices vary so much between European Union countries is a mystery to me. They are also shipped from the same warehouse. I thought it had something to do with taxes etc but I doubt here in Italy taxes are lower lol :classic:

Taxes in Italy are lower... At least that was my impression when lived there. Germany always seemed more expensive for everything... and Spain always seemed even cheaper.

Taxes in Italy are lower... At least that was my impression when lived there. Germany always seemed more expensive for everything... and Spain always seemed even cheaper.

Lower? We are one of countries with highest tax pressure in Europe. Well I guess we are not alone :wink:

Spain is indeed cheaper but from what I know it's not just because of taxes. Things cost less there.

In any case the UCS Tie fighter is indeed too much over priced. It costs more than the Slave I and about 60€ less than the Sandcrawler. I may be wrong, since I only saw few pics of the UCS Tie, but I think the above mentioned UCS are a better choice :classic:

The price for Germany is 199,99€, same as Slave1. 19% VAT (already included in the 199€)

Edited by incognito

A must buy! The design is rather simplistic, but the ship itself is simplistic too.. a round ball linked to two hexagonal panels by an horizontal bar.

Simplistic, but iconic!

Of course, prices go up if demand is up. According to the latest news, demand for LEGO toys is far from going down. And so do their prices...

Edited by legocharles

A must buy! The design is rather simplistic, but the ship itself is simplistic too.. a round ball linked to two hexagonal panels by an horizontal bar.

Simplistic, but iconic!

Of course, prices go up if demand is up. According to the latest news, demand for LEGO toys is far from going down. And so do their prices...

Actually rising prices according to increasing demand is speculation. TLG is often quite fair when it comes to prices and they are usually the product of production costs ( there are pieces that cost more to produce) license costs etc.

Is Tie Fighter iconic? Of course it is. Is this a must buy? I don't think so. Overpriced and not that impressive. The syllogism "The ship's design is simplistic (which actually is not that simplistic if you look carefully at it :wink: ) then the set must be simplistic" does not justify the cost.

The relation between demand and prices rising is not "fair play". It's something I expect from third party/private sellers selling out of productions sets not with an official new release.

Especially when we compare it with the recently released Slave I :classic:

EDIT:

Of course if you like it, it may be a "must buy" for you. This is a personal opinion that everyone should respect. It's our money and it's logical to spend it to buy what we like but from an objective point of view the set, according to the info we currently have, does not appear to be an "must buy" :classic:

Edited by BrickSev

I'll buy it - but it's going to be a dull build. Several hours making a flat panel...and then you get to do it all over again!

This should have been the TIE bomber, could have included some action features quite easily in that.