By looking at the pictures I am almost 100% sure that the doors can be opened!

I mean look at the last picture I posted, they can be opened it looks. :)

It looks like they could or we can mod them to open like the old 8258 crane truck...

This looks incredible. I haven't felt such a level of anticipation for the summer sets since 2010 (when we had 8043), both this and the Crawler Crane will be must haves for me (though I can hear my wallet protesting loudly about that already :grin: ).

Speaking of the crane on the truck; Do we know if it folds up completely? Given the (large) clamshell bucket, it might have to just "rest" on the bed when not in use... :look:

It'll probably just rest on the bed. I live near a building site where a lot of these types of truck have been coming and going the last few years, they always seem to have the clamshell crane resting on the bed, whether it's loaded or not.

Anyone seen a good pic of the box art? In the preliminary picture I was sure it showed a new short cylinder?

Short cylinder looks just like the old one to me. However the big red bracket-liftarm in the crane boom is kinda interesting

It looks like they could or we can mod them to open like the old 8258 crane truck...

Did the doors of 8258 opened ? If so, i must have built my model wrong :laugh:

On another topic, I had posted a picture of the boxes:

Yeah a little bad, but I think you can see, while we wait finest images.

SjXtM4k.jpg

SjXtM4k.jpg

Ah yes seems to just show the normal 1x short cylinder.

SjXtM4k.jpg

The crawler crane's holding a section of boom. That can only mean one thing. MOAR SECTIONS!!!

The Arocs impose the will...though I can't help but think that they should have just brick-built the front mudguards and added a bit more tile cladding on the crane arm for a bit of a meaner look.

And the tubing. DEER LAWD CHEEZUZ.

Edited by XAxles

Allan will u sort out these moaners please :)

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!! I need to go back to the Speed Champions sub-forum! I want you to do it like Miss Minchin does it to Sara Crewe. Edited by XAxles

Do you know what would be fun?If we change horn of truck with flickfire missile :laugh: .It looks also same, but arocs now will be battle proof.

Did the doors of 8258 opened ? If so, i must have built my model wrong :laugh:

They did after I MOD them. I guess I wanted to say if the 42043 doors didn't open like the 8258 then we can MOD them to open. :classic:

The crawler crane's holding a section of boom. That can only mean one thing. MOAR SECTIONS!!!

The Arocs impose the will...though I can't help but think that they should have just brick-built the front mudguards and added a bit more tile cladding on the crane arm for a bit of a meaner look.

And the tubing. DEER LAWD CHEEZUZ.

You can still mod it to your liking :) I think there will be various variants of this set. I wonder if Jurgen is already thinking about how he can make a ultimate version :D

Do you know what would be fun?If we change horn of truck with flickfire missile :laugh: .It looks also same, but Arocs now will be battle proof.

Battle ready, soldier! Know what words to use!

That out of the way, kick me outta here, Miss Minchin. I don't wanna see Lavinia's face ever again.

OK, back to this set. If the B-model's a flatbed truck, then how will the pneumatics be used?

They did after I MOD them. I guess I wanted to say if the 42043 doors didn't open like the 8258 then we can MOD them to open. :classic:

Everything in the pictures indicate that the doors will open, just look at the pictures again ... THEY OPEN 100%

mba_%23doors.png

Edited by Emmi

I will definetly get this set. Also, i think the front suspension has a realistic caster angle. This will be interesting.

What about the Fire Plane though, why is there no good picture of it? Why did LEGO place it in the back???

I'm very interested in that set too, I mean all 3 Technic 2H 2015 sets are amazing ... can we please have some coverage of the Fire Plane :)

Who else will get all 3 sets (if wallet allows)? I WILL.

PS. When will we get some pictures of the inside of the Arocs box? When do we normally get fully HQ pictures from LEGO about the new stuff?

Edited by Emmi

Allan will u sort out these moaners please :)

For christ's sake, you're the moaner here, people are allowed to have different opinions, are they not? We are all familiar with your view on this set, but that doesn't mean everyone has to agree! :classic:

For christ's sake, you're the moaner here, people are allowed to have different opinions, are they not? We are all familiar with your view on this set, but that doesn't mean everyone has to agree! :classic:

Lol I'm far from a moaner. Thanks for ur input though :)

Not much pictures on fire plane yet but hopefully more will appear soon.

Lol I'm far from a moaner. Thanks for ur input though :)

Not much pictures on fire plane yet but hopefully more will appear soon.

Only 1 single picture so far ... and that's cropped from a video :(

It seems like not many look at the wall and focus on the sets on the table instead (I'd do the same). Odd choice of LEGO not to display the Fire Plane on the table besides the other 2H 2015 sets. I want to see more of this Fire plane, the functions, etc.

I think it is a good choice from TLG to make the Arocs in scale of 42030 for playing perfectly together an this was planed early.

In my opinion, in 2016 we will see a remake of 8043 as RC flagship (maybe with the new pneumatics), but as a wheeled excevator with tumbler tires.

This makes sense, because it opens the opportunity to play with 3 related flagships together in one scenario.

btw, the Arocs is the first flagship in white since 1996...

What an amazing set this is.

It will be a joy to build.

I think this is almost a gift from LEGO to us: look at all the shit they put in there - extra tires, suspension, new pneumatics, lots of details.

Goes to the top of my wishlist straight.