Dear all,

Please continue to discuss, pertaining to LEGO Nexo Knights. If you wish to discuss Clone Brand, there is other place to do so in other parts of the Forum.

Thank you.

WhiteFang

Nexo Knights please. Nexo Knight discussions please. You wanna argue about CITY, go argue in CITY. Thank you!

Nexo Knights guys, not the other themes please. It is okay to a point when comparing, but defence of other themes can be taken to their respective threads.

Most themes have a three year development time. Chances are that there are at least a few waves of Nexo planned, but if it doesn't take off (Like Chima) then it will reach a normal end of life. Recall that other action themes aren't Evergreen, and even the Evergreen themes cycle through different subthemes.

Three different moderator requests to stay on topic on a single page! The NK thread never ceases to amaze me! :laugh:

From my experience, NK has a lot of momentum with the target audience, comparable to (not on par with) Ninjago. I think it will easily run for three years, but it surely has the potential of running many more. In concept, it's a lot more flexible than for example Mars Mission, Power Miners or Atlantis, which are limited to a certain environment or location. Success of NK will mostly hinge on how well TLG 'nurtures' the theme.

I think that first, they will make another variant, similar in unity across the team. Then, it's time to give each of them a special adaptation, something reflecting their uniqueness and personal skills. When the team is well-established and the characters are more developed, there is room for emphasizing different environments or styles. Here, I see possibilities for Vikings-, space-, steampunk- or jungle vibes, just to name a few. I'd personally like to see a 'artifact hunt' type of wave, set in many different environments.

If they keep designing some good evil minifigs like they have, then I wouldn't mind Nexo Knights sticking around for a long time. Specially if we get the forest/water theme in future waves. I really want that MushLord.

Toys R US in the US has a special this week on NK (20% off plus get a free Night Cycle for Lego purchases $30 or more), so I finally caved in and added a Lava Smasher and Chaos Catapult to go against my Clay Blade. TBH, only Clay's Blade was a "must have" for me out of this first wave, but now I'm considering getting a Fortrex and Jestro Evil Mobile too. I'm not too jazzed about the Summer sets though. I'm curious about the Black Knight Mech, but if that doesn't come out too nice, I may skip the rest until another round of sets.

Edited by gunm

You can also buy the Night Cycle outright for $3.19 each, since it's also 20% off. I bought a few just to beef up the calvary.

The investment in Nexo Knights and the large amount of media is not at all atypical for a "big bang" theme. The main difference, if any, is how INTEGRATED the various sets and media are thanks to the Nexo Powers for the app, but even that's just one more step on Lego's path to digital/physical integration (you could easily draw a comparison with the "app bricks" from last year's Ultra Agents sets).

Yeah, that's what i meant. It's all very much integrated, and it amplifies each of the elements, and the 'need' to get a lot of sets. Not to mention the collecting mania induced by the different evil books (in the sets), nexo powers, or a hoverhorse for each knight.

And not all such themes become evergreen by any stretch of the imagination—most, like Chima and Atlantis, experience a strong first year followed by a gradual decline. They don't have to "bomb" for that to happen; they just have to be on a general downward trajectory when the decision of whether or not to continue developing sets is made. Next year's sales will probably make a far greater difference than this year's in terms of whether Nexo Knights continues beyond the initial three year plan or draws to a close in 2018.

Okay, true. We'll just have to wait and see.

If they keep designing some good evil minifigs like they have, then I wouldn't mind Nexo Knights sticking around for a long time. Specially if we get the forest/water theme in future waves. I really want that MushLord.

Agreed!

The way they have invested in Nexo Knights, being an all-round experience (tv-show, comics/magazines, books, free game, and the sets itself ofcourse), i highly doubt they'll stop after 3 years. Only when it bombs they might, but afaik it's a hit. It might even turn into an evergreen theme!

And if not, they'll take whatever went wrong as a lesson and create a new IP that will be even better. Probably not 'just' space or castle, but a theme that has more room for different sets and/or crossovers. Nexo Knights already being a crossover of space/sci-fi, castle and steampunk, this is really a thought-through theme.

in a sense, this is a classic space and castle. I like both, and they're stronger together.

I recently ordered the horse from issue 2 of the Nexo Knights magazine on eBay but was surprised to find it didn't come with any instructions. While I've put it together as best I could based off the photo on the front, I was wondering if anyone knew if any proper instructions exist and/or where I could find better photos as I feel some elements are wrong.

in a sense, this is a classic space and castle. I like both, and they're stronger together.

I like both as well, but this doesn't really satisfy either for me. But at least there are some good minifigures. I hope to be able to get some good ones with the next waves as well.

I like both as well, but this doesn't really satisfy either for me. But at least there are some good minifigures. I hope to be able to get some good ones with the next waves as well.

That....that was nearly praise! *oh2*

:wink:

Just giving you a hard time. It's perfectly fine to be less-than-thrilled.

I recently ordered the horse from issue 2 of the Nexo Knights magazine on eBay but was surprised to find it didn't come with any instructions. While I've put it together as best I could based off the photo on the front, I was wondering if anyone knew if any proper instructions exist and/or where I could find better photos as I feel some elements are wrong.

I took a picture of the magazine page, hope it'll do.

w1p34.jpg

I'm telling you, Mushlord's mind control spores are powerful stuff.

Also, have a preview of a MOC of mine.

Edited by DraikNova

:wink:

Just giving you a hard time. It's perfectly fine to be less-than-thrilled.

I'm trying to be better with my criticism, and more open-minded.

:grin:

I must say that I didnt care much for Nexo Knights at first but after buying two of the Ultimate figures sets, damn, that are some cool minifigs! And after checking through the other sets more thoroughly they really grew on me, and the Clay's Rumble Blade seems like a must-have!

I'm trying to be better with my criticism, and more open-minded.

:grin:

That hair piece in the minify you have in your avi is just amazing.

I must say that I didnt care much for Nexo Knights at first but after buying two of the Ultimate figures sets, damn, that are some cool minifigs! And after checking through the other sets more thoroughly they really grew on me, and the Clay's Rumble Blade seems like a must-have!

Yes! Another one sees the light :grin:

I'm a fan of the entire theme, but yes, the Rumble Blade is one the must-haves! The other one being the Kings Mech, i think.

That hair piece in the minify you have in your avi is just amazing.

It's glorious.

I think it serves as a great example of how hilariously and outrageously over the top this theme is.

It's glorious.

I think it serves as a great example of how hilariously and outrageously over the top this theme is.

Haha. If i remember correctly that character has a gold factory. Just like some wealthy people tend to do, they go over the top with everything :grin:

Yes! Another one sees the light :grin:

I was thinking of adding everyone who's a fan of Nexo Knights into the first post. Probably just because I'm bored, but whatever. Reply or PM me if you want to be added. :classic:

Edited by BrickJagger

You ever wonder if the manager in the OP didn't actually know anything about a Castle line and Nexo Knights just coincidentally was being developed? :tongue:

Edited by CM4Sci

You ever wonder if the manager in the OP didn't actually know anything about a Castle line and Nexo Knights just coincidentally was being developed? :tongue:

Nexo Knights has been on the works for 4 years

He probably knew

Haha. If i remember correctly that character has a gold factory. Just like some wealthy people tend to do, they go over the top with everything :grin:

Well, I only watched one episode of the show, and barely made it through. So I've never seen that character outside of a picture I saw in a Google image search. That said, you make a good point.