Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

And there should be a ghoul/ghost and a pharaoh mummy minifig.

It is speculated that the skeleton hows head is switched out for another figure. Hopefully this is the case. That could mean a ghost fig is among the missing five.

It seems that the Skeleton Boy minifig is still prototype.

Edited by legofanatic12

I don't think he's a prototype, he's just got the wrong minifigure head. This is not an offical image that LEGO intended for release. Although that face resembles a hypothetical Spooky Boy more than a ghost. It's quite similar to the SG from Series 12's. I just pray that he has a less stupid expression on the other side, whatever the head goes to. Although a wisp-tailed white ghost would be an instant buy for me.

Edited by 8BrickMario

The head on the skeleton in the image vaguely resembles the mask made popular by the Scream movies (and their spoofs).

I'm hopeful that a Bride of Frankenstein (or, in CMF terms, Monster Bride) minifigure will happen, but I feel like it would have been shown off as it would have a new mold. But there's absolutely no clues as to who the remaining five are, so it really could be anyone. I want more monsters and fewer costumes in the remaining ones. I'm guessing that there will be a short character though, either as a smaller monster or a costumed child on Halloween night.

I'm hopeful that a Bride of Frankenstein (or, in CMF terms, Monster Bride) minifigure will happen, but I feel like it would have been shown off as it would have a new mold. But there's absolutely no clues as to who the remaining five are, so it really could be anyone. I want more monsters and fewer costumes in the remaining ones. I'm guessing that there will be a short character though, either as a smaller monster or a costumed child on Halloween night.

I've noticed they tend to make pairings (sort of) in previous lines(series)

Ex: Surfer guy later surfer girl, and in this series it appears the series 2 vamp gets a mate. lol

so it would be hard for me to see them not make her especially since this is monster themed and they're on their 5th Frankenstein now.

also when you say short minifig my mind instantly goes to a bat for some reason...

Edited by SkyHighPixel

I really hope this series will contain Frankenstein's bride!

The Bride is tricky as she is one of the few classic Universal Monsters that is not yet in some form Public Domain.

How many times is Lego going to repeat itself with the mini figure collections?

How many times is Lego going to repeat itself with the mini figure collections?

Hilarious.

Hilarious.

they might of not done that on purpose. I've had mulitple cases recently with the text repeating itself 2 or 3 times in my postings even though it's written out only ONCE

The Bride is tricky as she is one of the few classic Universal Monsters that is not yet in some form Public Domain.

In a common view, Frankstein has a more clear public image while his female counterpart doesn't. If LEGO really do this character, they wouldn't base on that film and she could just end up like as another gender swap CMF (Lady Cyclops for example).

Offtopic, I'd like to see a human groom before any ghost bride. :sceptic:

Why they include a Rocker Frankenstein that doesn't make any sense?

Maybe he's doing the Monster Mash. I hear it's a graveyard smash.

There's really no other image that comes to mind when one hears "Bride of Frankenstein". Everyone thinks of Elsa Lanchester's character with the black beehive and white stripes. She's become an iconic Universal Monster, but I don't know if LEGO would make her, because she's slipped in and out of the public domain. A ghostly bride would be really cool, though. I would probably turn a figure like that into a Constance Hatchaway from Disney's Haunted Mansion.

If there is a vampire in this series, what if he's not a Dracula-styled one? What if it was a homage to Count Orlok?

I just hope that if they do a mummy/vampire/headless horseman that they can make it different enough from either previous versions or the Scooby versions. We've had several mummies before, as Halloween monsters and undead Egyptians.

I would love an evil genie (it would be an opportunity for LEGO to reuse the Snake Charmer's turban in red or dark red, and there's a Boudon design of such a thing waiting for LEGO) but that'll probably be for a regular series. It's not very Halloween-themed.

Edited by 8BrickMario

All I'm wishing for is a Zombie Bride like the one in MF 9465, since I missed the set and for some reason that particular minifig is sold around 40€ on Bricklink... :cry_sad:

The one in S3 is a regular mummy, but I'm expecting for a Pharaoh Mummy like Amsat-Ra from Pharaoh's Quest. How about a Michael Jackson Thriller inspired minifigure in yellow?

All I'm wishing for is a Zombie Bride like the one in MF 9465, since I missed the set and for some reason that particular minifig is sold around 40€ on Bricklink... :cry_sad:

This. I saw the set only once in person at Target. A few weeks later when I got into MF, I missed the set because it had just sold out permanently and became discontinued. The online prices for The Zombies and its minifigures are brutal. Honestly, though, I'll take any monstrous bride. Ghost, Frankenstein, zombie, anything!

EDIT: What if there's an Igor (hunchback) in the series? We haven't had one since the Studios theme, but now there's three mad scientists since. Perhaps they'd figure out a better way to create the hunched bask than using a basket on his back.

Edited by 8BrickMario

You can get her on ebay with a different hairpiece for $16.99 + Shipping

that's probably the cheapest you're going to see her for unless a future set uses the dark tan ponytail again.

You can get her on ebay with a different hairpiece for $16.99 + Shipping

that's probably the cheapest you're going to see her for unless a future set uses the dark tan ponytail again.

Yeah I noticed that seller, seems like a good compromise, sadly it's 33$ with shipping for me, which is still a bit pricey. I guess I'll end up buying the original one, at some point..