Ah, sorry. Had forgotten that they had kept the domain. I was thinking for a moment there that they had lost it completely.

I think that an NYCC reveal is the likeliest because it will give them time to finalize the product, finalize the website, etc so that it can be launched at the press of a button.

Slow trawling of databases and records, by frantic fans rooting from the source itself for any sign. I'm honestly not at all surprised.

Not surprised, just... Slightly appalled at the extent some fans go to, heh.

Also I don't see why everyone's expecting a big reveal at NYCC or something - I don't think Bionicle's that big a theme, coupled with the fact that Lego's constraction lines seem to have taken the backseat in terms of such forms of promotion. It's not as popular as Star Wars or Superheroes, or like Mixels which has a tie-in cartoon coming out. Just my impression though, can anyone recall how the official reveal for Hero Factory was like?

Not surprised, just... Slightly appalled at the extent some fans go to, heh.

Also I don't see why everyone's expecting a big reveal at NYCC or something - I don't think Bionicle's that big a theme, coupled with the fact that Lego's constraction lines seem to have taken the backseat in terms of such forms of promotion. It's not as popular as Star Wars or Superheroes, or like Mixels which has a tie-in cartoon coming out. Just my impression though, can anyone recall how the official reveal for Hero Factory was like?

I believe there was a Hero Factory panel at SDCC in 2010, along with costumed characters and other things. Just as there had been a lot of hype around BIONICLE at SDCC for most of that year's run (including comic signings and other things).

Granted, Hero Factory had already been announced and revealed well before SDCC. Which is to be expected, since it was due for a summer release that year and not a January release.

Not really too excited about the coming soon page considering I was already well convinced it was returning. Just adds to the "further confirmation" list, I guess.

My hype is reaching critical mass...

I'm in two minds about a NYCC reveal. On the one hand, there is a fair amount of sense to the idea. Bionicle is a fondly-remembered line, which had some pretty good transmedia material, which will hopefully return, and the fandom explosion since the leak could convince Lego to put it there if they were in two minds about it before. On the other hand, it's probably not big enough.

Just found In my picture folder some screenshots of Bionicle.com, which must have taken in a panic when I first heard about it shutting down.XD

Also, insert obligatory hype train comment here.

Edited by Timeline15

Huh, the "coming soon" page disappeared and is replaced with Hero Factory, just like before.

This sounds suspicious. :P

They probably saw the internet explode, so they changed it back.

Not that it really matters. There's evidence enough to say it's coming back.

Also, I've decided that once these sets come out, the Stone Defender and Pohatu will be the first ones I get. Just for old time's sake considering the first Bionicle sets I got were Turaga Onewa and Pohatu.

Edited by Kalhiki

the Stone Defender and Pohatu will be the first ones I get.

Screw that, Imma walk into Walmart with $200.00 and get a shopping cart full of bonkles. XD I can't imagine the weird looks I'll get having a cart full of Bionicles. :P

Screw that, Imma walk into Walmart with $200.00 and get a shopping cart full of bonkles. XD I can't imagine the weird looks I'll get having a cart full of Bionicles. :P

Well. That's an option.

Still, Stony and Pohatu will be the first I build.

For me it'd probably be Lewa Nuva, Gali Nuva, & Pohatu Nuva, some of the first Bionicles I got (Well, my actual first Bionicle as Panrahk, but I doubt they'll release the Rahkshi again. XD)

I always have a really weird methodology of buying sets. If I plan on buying them all, I try getting the more interesting looking ones first, but save the best looking one for last.

In this case, I think Tahu is an appropriate first purchase choice. Maybe Gali.

I think Tahu is an appropriate first choice because it's freaking OMEGA TAHU. :P Lol, jk. Seriously though, it does look worthy of being the first purchase. :D

I got into Bionicle way too late to buy any of the mata, but I think Pohatu and Onua will be the first of the new sets I pick up. (unless Pohatu has white instead of tan, in which case, he's getting dropped for Lewa :P)

Edited by Timeline15

Meanwhile Bzpower's community is still discussing the "is it fake or real???" leak topic.

Do you think Bzpower will still lay in the shadows next year? Yes or yes?

I'm definitely grabbing as many as I can when they come out, but I'm building Tahu and Pohatu first because they were my first sets, way back in 2002 as the Nuva.

Although I might not be able to resist opening ze little ones until I get home; might open them in the car outside the store...

I'm going with Pohatu first also, because he's my favorite. Anyone given thought to how much these will be? I'm hoping it's in line with the $10 USD and $15 USD prices on the current sets, and betting that Lord will be a $25 USD set.

They probably saw the internet explode, so they changed it back.

Not that it really matters. There's evidence enough to say it's coming back.

Also, I've decided that once these sets come out, the Stone Defender and Pohatu will be the first ones I get. Just for old time's sake considering the first Bionicle sets I got were Turaga Onewa and Pohatu.

I'd probably grab Kopaka and the Skull Spider thing first. I never really started getting into Bionicle until 2007 (first set was Carapar, and picked him up at target :3.), but I do recall loving Mask of Light as a kid and using plastic red solo cups imitating the Kopaka vs Rahkshi scene XD. I had quite a lot of imagination back then.......

I always get/build green first...save for Stars, as I built Gresh last, to bookend the series.

So I gotta get Lewa first, it's tradition! I really missed getting Bionicle sets for Christmas...I hope the sets will be out in time late this year.

I'm going to buy all six of the Toa at once, but I'm building Kopaka first then Lewa in order to keep that thing I had going on continuing (Back in 2001, Kopaka was my first Toa Mata I received followed by Lewa some days later. In 2003, I got Kopaka Nuva for my Birthday, later that year, I got Lewa Nuva as a Christmas present. In 2008, You guessed it, Kopaka first, then Lewa.).

The funny thing is, the order I've gotten the two Toa Mata/Nuva in have been one big consequence.

Well, I remember getting some groups of six in couples. That is what I mostly did with the Toa:

1)Tahu and Gali

2)Lewa and Onua

3)Kopaka (got him as a surprise present so I didn't have control on that : P)

4)Pohatu

I'll probably follow this order because hey, it's been 14 freaking years and I want to go into nostalgia overdrive. And because it's BONKLES.

Onua Mata was the first Toa I ever built (for some reason, the torso pieces fascinated me more than the sets ,at first) so he'll be my first purchase.

Edited by Agent Fusion