How surprising. :hmpf:

Also, why the Toa would create the prophecy ?

Just a theory i guess, if they plan on using time travel they could create a paradox where the Toa create their own destiny via going back in time to create the prophecy that summoned them to Okoto in the first place.

No offense, but DV said a couple of things on multiple occasions which, at the moment, are as close to official news as they can be, yet I'm astonished how people willfully believe he's wrong or they are just trying to come up with ways to contradict these informations from time to time.

(And I don't know how you guys feel about this, but after more than a month of speculation, contesting theories and even hostility in this thread, I don't even give a damn about the Mask of Time anymore.)

Edited by wghost

Suprised, from the sounds of it we didnt get Bionicle sets at the London Toy Fair... though i suppose it was mostly licensed based sets.

No offense, but DV said a couple of things on multiple occasions which, at the moment, are as close to official news as they can be, yet I'm astonished how people willfully believe he's wrong or they are just trying to come up with ways to contradict these informations from time to time.

(And I don't know how you guys feel about this, but after more than a month of speculation in this thread I don't even give a damn about the Mask of Time and related theories anymore.)

As far as i am aware nobody is saying he is wrong about what he is saying regarding what TLG said. Only point being made was simply that the official statements from TLG were designed to be open-ended as to whether the Generations could be connected in the future.

E.g. they could state a reboot and later clarify it as a semi or hard reboot, being a reboot doesnt necessarily mean the other Generation ceases to exist or didnt happen

(The conversation has been evolving and changing each time, it only goes back to the Mask Of Time discussion when new information about the Mask Of Time is revealed. Nobody is restricting the conversation to only be about the Mask Of Time, so feel free to suggest/start a new Bionicle related topic if you want. Personally i think most people just discuss whatever the topic is at the time)

Edited by Scarilian

Suprised, from the sounds of it we didnt get Bionicle sets at the London Toy Fair... though i suppose it was mostly licensed based sets.

Or it just wasn't covered yet (like what always happens with Constraction).

Anyway, as eager as I am to hear more about the sets, I'm content with waiting until we get pictures.

Scarilian: I didn't necessarily think of you or your responses to DV's posts, rather about a general perception of this thread which, as you have put it, had been evolving and changing - but in a way it has always been coming back to the same thing, to the point it's getting redundant and pointless IMO. Of course, because it's just my personal taste and people are rightfully entitled to express their opinion, I have started to simply ignore these theories most of the time since their appearance in this thread. With the above comment I meant I found it amusing that right after DV's comment there's an opposing one. I don't wanna restrict the topics discussed or whatsoever by any means.

(But I find it saddening that, while discussing these theories, some things have escalated in an offensive manner.)

Edited by wghost

Or it just wasn't covered yet (like what always happens with Constraction).

Anyway, as eager as I am to hear more about the sets, I'm content with waiting until we get pictures.

True i guess... i'm happy to wait till we get pictures also, but i like the hype of details.

You shouldn't be. While the constraction community is very active, it's laughably small in comparison to the broader LEGO community. Most fans (and reporters) have no interest in CCBS over its huge incompatibility with System (and I'm still willing to debate the Technic aspect). Some don't exactly enjoy getting "BIONICLE SAVED LEGO RESPECT IT!" shoved in their faces every two seconds by one or two eager fans every few seconds.

Really, it's a culmination of multiple factors regarding complexity, compatibility and accessibility. Simply put, don't expect the same level of attention for constraction as given to System lines.

10940467_869701863061173_284225205547097223_n.jpg?oh=1a8d01db2c4c6e473ab3b45582ad6a24&oe=5567E6B5&__gda__=1433362786_e55ad10d7661bd01c932921336ebbb88

Thought I'd share this discovery with everyone.

Eh, I'm still waiting for a photo of Gold Armor Tahu with the 14k Hau... any decade now...

You shouldn't be. While the constraction community is very active, it's laughably small in comparison to the broader LEGO community. Most fans (and reporters) have no interest in CCBS over its huge incompatibility with System (and I'm still willing to debate the Technic aspect). Some don't exactly enjoy getting "BIONICLE SAVED LEGO RESPECT IT!" shoved in their faces every two seconds by one or two eager fans every few seconds.

Really, it's a culmination of multiple factors regarding complexity, compatibility and accessibility. Simply put, don't expect the same level of attention for constraction as given to System lines.

True, makes sense that it would'nt be as popular as other lines or Technic. Just thought with Bionicle returning this year that they'd try and make the most of media events, even if was just a small display, Just to try and raise awareness of the line's return.

So based upon the guy's response to Scarilian's inquiry in the comments of the article:

Scarilian • 5 hours ago

Any Bionicle Sets, if so do you have details?

Barry Donovan • 2 hours ago

Don't have any info on Bionicle other than the main bad guy is a spider?

I'm a little concerned. The implication sounds to me as if the BIONICLE sets weren't even present there, and the last time that sets were missing from a Toy Fair was Chima 2014 constraction, and we all know how that turned out. Hopefully I'm reading too much into it and the guy just skimmed over them.

EDIT: Yep, BrickFanatics included Hero Factory in their initial writeup last year. As such, I see no reason why they'd not include BIONICLE if it actually had a presence there.

Edited by Mesonak

So based upon the guy's response to Scarilian's inquiry in the comments of the article:

Scarilian • 5 hours ago

Any Bionicle Sets, if so do you have details?

Barry Donovan • 2 hours ago

Don't have any info on Bionicle other than the main bad guy is a spider?

I'm a little concerned. The implication sounds to me as if the BIONICLE sets weren't even present there, and the last time that sets were missing from a Toy Fair was Chima 2014 constraction, and we all know how that turned out. Hopefully I'm reading too much into it and the guy just skimmed over them.

EDIT: Yep, BrickFanatics included Hero Factory in their initial writeup last year. As such, I see no reason why they'd not include BIONICLE if it actually had a presence there.

I am betting that they aren't on display because Lego doesn't want leaks so early again. :P

Maybe this will have something to do with Europe's late release schedule.

Just wanna point out that in the UK, Argos has five out of six Protectors, with only the Stone Protector missing. You won't find them in the catalogue, so you'll need to go on their website and get the catalogue numbers, then go into a store and get them. As for the Toa, they don't sell them... yet.

Perhaps Bionicle wasn't there as they are waiting for a huge launch like the winter wave sets, perhaps at NYCC?

Also, note how last year's post had an "update" section. Perhaps they will do the same for Bionicle.

Brick Fanatics didn't report the Creator sets either, and according to this they were on display.

Okay... that's pretty reassuring. I shall cling to that.

Brick Fanatics didn't report the Creator sets either, and according to this they were on display.

Good find...

Is this "Barry Donovan" a staff at Brick Fanatics? Or just another guy who went as well?

Okay... that's pretty reassuring. I shall cling to that.

Huw will post a detailed article on everything there soon, according to the Brickset forums. Fingers crossed...

And a new post at Brickset "I've just got back home after visiting the toy fair in London today. Unfortunately I need to go out again for a couple of hours now to help run the local kids' computer club.

I'll post a report here at about 21:30 GMT on non-licensed themes and CapnRex101 will post his report on licensed themes tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, you can read a few details in the forum that I wrote while on the train back home."

So 1:30 PM for me in Seattle! Looking forward to the report.

Edited by legozebra

Rest easy - I was there, and Bionicle had a pretty sizeable display, with all 2015 sets (including winter and summer). Because of that I'm not really sure what was new and what wasn't, but there was a large spider as Barry said, and another, 'humanoid' villain with a red and black colour scheme which looked pretty cool.

Yes! Confirmation!

By Legozebra in United States, 20 Jan 2015 13:31

Did you, by any chance, see any new Bionicle sets? There's quite a buzz over in Eurobricks as Brick Fanatics didn't post them/the Bionicles weren't present.

Thanks!

EDIT | DELETE

By Huw in United Kingdom, 20 Jan 2015 13:38

Yes I did see the summer ones. Stay tuned...

Rest easy - I was there, and Bionicle had a pretty sizeable display, with all 2015 sets (including winter and summer). Because of that I'm not really sure what was new and what wasn't, but there was a large spider as Barry said, and another, 'humanoid' villain with a red and black colour scheme which looked pretty cool.

Wow, didn't see this... Thanks to you too!

Good find...

Is this "Barry Donovan" a staff at Brick Fanatics? Or just another guy who went as well?

It was a conversation between me and a member named Barry Donovan, not sure if he's a staff member

Yay!

That first one sounds like Lord of the Skull Spiders, from the current wave. The other ,if memory serves me correctly, matches the leaked description of the Summer villain "Skull Grinder"

Thanks for the info!

I must admit looking at the leaks is both a help and a hinderance. By the time i usually go out to purchase the Winter sets i'm normally able to see the Summer sets and those most the time look better than the Winter Sets... possibly due to hype. As such i then tend to delay getting the Winter sets and wait till the Summer sets arrive, only then to find that the Winter sets for next year are about to appear and the process continues :P

Ah ok, my mistake

Not copies though the basic fact that they are both female and have similar proportions would make them on their own difficult to differentiate to someone unaware of Mona Lisa's smile. Its key aspects in either painting that make them different.

If they find a method that works, thats great, but if they stick to using the same pieces for the same area of the body then its less varied and makes all the sets look similar.

While the new pieces work i feel the fundamental design is flawed by the main idea of CCBS, which is to be simplistic and easy to make/use. You can only go to a certain level of complexity with CCBS pieces alone, as such the new sets have had to introduce the gearbox and more and more technic pieces to help increase the complexity, which results in them just being slapped onto the back of what is mostly a pure CCBS build in most cases. I dont think its at a breaking point, but it just seems that the CCBS system is becomming less and less reliable for Lego if they have to work around it by making parts designed to make the sets more complex and detailed.

I'm not saying they were the only examples, just the most noticeable. I feel the same will issues will happen with the CCBS system as the core endoskeleton will likely remain for years to come and hasnt changed since 2011. The issues being, as i mentioned above, that the system itself lacks longivity on its own without introducing new pieces every year, especially seeing as the main new pieces for Chima or Hero Factory were designed for specific figures. It doesnt have the complexity or detail they are trying to aim for with the new Bionicle so whenever they use the already introduced pieces they seem out-of-place and much less detailed.

They've backed themselves into a corner where new pieces are not just a choice, but are more of a necessity as they need to further differentiate themselves from the more simple looking pieces that came out before. Without a supply of new more detailed looking pieces such as the masks, weapons and new armour then it would'nt have the 'Bionicle' vibe that many fans desire.

I agree that CCBS requires Technic to work, but I wouldn't count that as a bad thing. There are many wonderful things in life that have to work in tandem with something else. Butter; the Bass voice, much of the time; Motorcycle sidecars; etc.

The wonderful thing about the new BIONICLE sets is that they embrace Technic.

I could keep this debate up perpetually, but I get the impression that you have somewhat visceral feelings towards CCBS, and that nothing I say will change your mind. We're starting to go in circles, IMHO. Mind, I understand where you're coming from. While I've never disliked CCBS inherently, I wasn't overly fond of its implementation prior to the new BIONICLE sets. But I do urge you to buy one of them, preferably Onua, Gali, the POE, or the POS. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

Hey.

I'm very happy to hear that there are a BIONICLE display with winter/summer sets in the London Toy Fair. Sure, It'll be a good time there.... :classic:

EDIT 2: Ouch!

Edited by Chimaninja454