I'd love to see more vehicles. The only ones I got from 08 and 09 were the Rockoh and Cendox.

I enjoyed the vehicles too. I got the 2009 ones (excluding Skopio) for Christmas, and had immense fun having races/ robot wars-like tournaments with them.

I would welcome mask packs as well, so you're not restricted to masks used by recognisable characters when making mocs.

If there are collectable masks, then hopefully they have a design like the 2001 kanohi when they looked simple. Not necessarily remakes of 2001 masks, but in a similar style. Also, they should be compatible with Toa Metru heads as well as Brain Attack heads.

Edited by Zenerius

I had always felt that the best way to pitch Bionicle's return would be to treat it as an older audience series alongside Hero Factory, make it Technic's "sci-fi" category with various stereotypical futuristic designs. I prefer the focus on figures though, and based on these images I love the idea of bringing back the Rahi.

If there are collectable masks, then hopefully they have a design like the 2001 kanohi when they looked simple. Not necessarily remakes of 2001 masks, but in a similar style. Also, they should be compatible with Toa Metru heads as well as Brain Attack heads.

Can't be cross-compatible, the pins in the Metru and brain attack heads are at different heights. I definitely prefer the 01 look for masks, gives the sets an 'old science fiction' look, like some robot drawn in the 70's, even reminiscent of McQaurrie's Star Wars concept art.

I can imagine they might go for Nuva masks as they resemble the more solid smooth look of Hero Factory, though.

Edited by the last chronicler

I loved the vehicles also. I had Axalara, Jetrax, Skopio, and Cendox. They were a nice change of pace from the usual titan, and never fully replaced them anyway (Takanuva, Tuma, Mata Nui).

Can't be cross-compatible, the pins in the Metru and brain attack heads are at different heights.

You're right, but I've made several Mahri, Phantoka, Mistika, and Metru masks fit on Brain Attack heads and they still look decent. Perhaps a new head design thats a cross between will be released?

Hey guys, while looking at the pic, I can make out some of the designs:

Top row, to the right: The small set looks like its carrying Furno 2011 draggers wit Zamor launcher on its back like matoran in 2007

Second row, to the left: I can make out a Zamor launcher wit the new flame pieces you see in chima. The crossbow looks exactly like Maula's combiner secondary weapon.

Bottom Row: This set is also holding chima flame pieces but in the same way kopaka nuva 2002 hold his ice skates, I cant make out the other tool tho

Anyway, looking at that leaked picture, we (might) have a Skakdi, Visorak, and Tahu (?), and I was thinking - Bionicle could do a 'throwback' line, sort of like Transformers' Generations line. It'd consist of remakes of old sets in the new CCBS system. I don't know how popular Bionicle is (was?) compared to Star Wars, but if SW can rehash vehicles every vehicles and still be confident that people will buy them, I don't see why this can't be the same for Bionicle!

Okay, it's probably wishful thinking on my part I guess, having lost out on a lot of the old sets. But it's still a thought!

I had always felt that the best way to pitch Bionicle's return would be to treat it as an older audience series alongside Hero Factory, make it Technic's "sci-fi" category with various stereotypical futuristic designs. I prefer the focus on figures though, and based on these images I love the idea of bringing back the Rahi.

Agreed. With HF going minifig-style this year, it could distinguish itself from Bionicle in this manner, which would be strictly constraction figures.

I've been hearing around on Brickipedia and the like about Lego announcing they will revive past themes in 2015, like Adventurers and Bionicle. Trying to find proof, but no luck yet.

Edited by Zenerius

Dolan Shakar, you said everything about the bionicle set problems perfectly. Proportions especially - Heck, with HF sets I had forgotten how terrible they were, especially on Glatorian sets.

I'd love to get a skakdi set, probably even a hero skakdi set, but I doubt they'd make such a extreme move. And yes, complete reboot please, I really don't care what happened to the new characters on the stories after the theme's end; I never bothered to read them. The big question is wheter the theme locates inside the Matoran universe or not. If it does, it'll be a complete reboot, but it would give a chance to visit those iconic locations again. But as we now know it was giant Great Spirit robot (excellent concept, by the way), the location could feel less mysterious.

My dream scenario would be something like:

Game/videos by Templar (unlikely)

Story not written by GregF (The older books and stories were alright, but the last years... I don't like story full of plot holes, overexplanation plus everything spoiled on Ask Greg Discussion)

Titans instead of vehicles (likely according the picture)

Mask packs (unlikely, but I'd love it)

CCBS (definitely)

Complete lack of clone sets, Bordahk staves, Takanuva Staffs, Air catanas... you know!

Edited by pig

I think it'd be cool to see a TV series. It'd be a smart move if they wanted to have a complex story. Instead of needing to follow multiple online serials and books and what-have-you, they could just present the story on TV.

I think it'd be cool to see a TV series. It'd be a smart move if they wanted to have a complex story. Instead of needing to follow multiple online serials and books and what-have-you, they could just present the story on TV.

A tv show would likely be their best choice, considering the success of Ninjago and Chima. They might make the series 3D animated like the previous two, but I think it would be great if it was MNOG style, or something similar. Something about that type of animation is charming.

As many, I would love to see a BIONICLE reboot. I only got into it in its later years, even though I remember gawking over the Rahkshi and Toa Metru, but never being brave enough to actually try them. I have never been able to get into Hero Factory. I suppose the heavier sci-fi atmosphere (BIONICLE had plenty of fantasy too) and less interesting story just were not for me. I bought my first set from it just a few months ago because this minifigure gimmick has drawn my attention. The CCBS is admittedly much better than what BIONICLE has had and I really liked the unique application it had in the set I got (though there wasn't anything too fancy). And like Shakar said, the color schemes are much improved. I think what he has said would seem like reasonable things for TLG to do to give a reboot more flair, and I entirely agree.

I'll try not to get too hyped up in the meantime, but I'm looking forward to catalog leaks even more than usual now.

I've been hearing around on Brickipedia and the like about Lego announcing they will revive past themes in 2015, like Adventurers and Bionicle. Trying to find proof, but no luck yet.

Ignore the wikia Brickipedia. I used to edit there, but all of the old admins have moved and now it is overrun with 11 year olds who don't really know how to edit. That was probably someone's speculation.

Come on Lego! Bionicle tv series now!

Also, I'd prefer the 3D animation style of the first 3 movies.

Edited by Jetrax99

Anyway, looking at that leaked picture, we (might) have a Skakdi, Visorak, and Tahu (?)

A six-legged Visorak ? I doubt it. :laugh:

if SW can rehash vehicles every vehicles and still be confident that people will buy them, I don't see why this can't be the same for Bionicle!

Well, SW has a great advantage over Bionicle : OMG AWESOME TOTALLY NEW AND SUPER DETAILED MINIFIGS. Just like the Super Heroes theme. :sadnew: That's why they're popular.

Agreed. With HF going minifig-style this year, it could distinguish itself from Bionicle in this manner, which would be strictly constraction figures.

Yes, but HF can't have minifigs forever (unless 2014 is it's final year hahaha).

Anyways, I'd also love to see Kanohi packs return, especially since small bagged sets seem to be popular nowadays (CMFs, Mixels, Friends animals series for Lego). And since I never had the chance to get any of those bags when I was a kid, if they do that again in 2015, I'd definitely buy a whole box. :grin:

P.S. : Sweet, I'm a knight now ! :grin:

Edited by Leewan

I would love TV series (as long as it would get on the internet somehow) plus stories (or books) for hardcore fans not necessary to read for the main plot

but, goddammit, it should be available everywhere

EDIT: Congratulations Sir Leewan, you may stand up now.

Edited by davidr

What about the incredible music?

Wasn't all that great to me. More along the lines of "meh...it's ok"

But nothing from the music made me go "That sounds amazing". The music from HF on the other hand did.

Wasn't all that great to me. More along the lines of "meh...it's ok"

But nothing from the music made me go "That sounds amazing". The music from HF on the other hand did.

Are you sure your not thinking of the Legend Reborn music? The music for the first 3 were bloody amazing for a dvd release.

I don't know about you guys, but I LOVED Bionicle's vehicles. Especially the 2008/2009 ones. Unfortunately I was younger back then and could only afford to buy canister sets, but a good friend of mine has all of them and they're a ton of fun to play with. I would kill to own a vehicle like the Axalara or Jetrax. Unfortunately with the more widespread use of the CCBS, I doubt we'll see a large, heavy Technic-based constraction figure-sized vehicle any time soon.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Size might be a concern (there hasn't been a Hero Factory set over $35 since 2010) — but even after the CCBS was introduced there have been a couple Technic-based vehicle sets: Speeda Demon and Jet Rocka. And this year even the smaller sets have used a lot of Technic. The flyer portion of Surge & Rocka Combat Machine is almost entirely Technic, as were the removable modules on the $15 machines. Besides, I'm sure there are some beautiful things that could be done by combining Technic building styles with the CCBS.

Are you sure your not thinking of the Legend Reborn music? The music for the first 3 were bloody amazing for a dvd release.

Yes, I'm 100% sure I'm talking about the first 3 movies.

A tv show would likely be their best choice, considering the success of Ninjago and Chima. They might make the series 3D animated like the previous two, but I think it would be great if it was MNOG style, or something similar. Something about that type of animation is charming.

MNOG style would be pretty cool. A bit of refinement to the animation and it could be a success. A lot of cartoons on the HUB Network have a similar Flash-based animation style, so I think it could work. Just apply Templar's art style.

Though a 3D TV series would be more likely considering that's what we usually get from Lego.

Yes, I'm 100% sure I'm talking about the first 3 movies.

I question your logic :P

Anyways, I don't expect anything big to pop up till late July/ early August (I'm dying for a catalogue leak :c)

In the meanwhile, keep an eye out for that FAQ page; if that gets removed, then bonkles are basically confirmed :)

Edited by TheGreatSpirit

The music from the first three movies was pretty great. However, nothing about it really screamed "BIONICLE" to me. It had a distinctive identity, but it was an identity which could have belonged to any epic fantasy adventure series. It didn't really capture the tribal flavor of Mata Nui's culture, or the urban flavor of Metru Nui's culture, or the mechanical flavor of the entire universe and its denizens.

When I think about soundtracks that I consider exceptional, they are ones that perfectly suit the stories they describe. Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra have great soundtracks. So do LEGO Ninjago and The LEGO Movie. These soundtracks all have a distinctive sound chosen to suit their universe: the first three all take cues from Asian music, the last has a jerky, synthesized sound that suits its brickfilm-like animation and action. Plenty of characters, settings, and groups have their own leitmotifs which vary according to context.

The Mata Nui Online Game had a soundtrack that was less cinematic than the first three BIONICLE movies, but it still had that characteristic sound that BIONICLEmusic.com described as a blend of "the mystical and the mechanical". If future BIONICLE scores had adhered to that thematic blend I might have remembered them more fondly.

Promotional music is a different story. I'm fine with stuff like Cryoshell for BIONICLE just like I'm fine with The Fold for Ninjago. For it, all I generally expect is that it be catchy, have lyrics that clearly reference the themes of the story, and fit the tone of the story year in question.

Personally, I would be content if HF stayed minifigure scale with constraction elements, while Bionicle was full constraction.