I read the first book today in one sitting, didn't buy it though. Pretty good book, kind of anti-climactic though. Also, Lewa still has aerokenesis, he uses it to save Vizuna after getting his golden mask.

So, am I the only one who feels hopeless about Bionicle's sales this year? I mean, there's no way of telling how it's doing other then observations on store stocks but given Constractions' reputation with the late Gen 1 and HF I'm a tad scared. :s Just hold on for 2 more years, at least, Bionicle.

Or ignore this. XD I know this has been said/asked A LOT.

HF was a successful line though. It lasted nearly five years! That's a long time for any non-evergreen theme.

I did ask Kevin Hinkle at BrickfairVA a month ago how BIONICLE was doing, and he's always been really forthright with answers to those things (like the fact that Ninjago's return is what killed Chima's launch and long-term success, as the two had to share advertising budgets as Ninjago wasn't planned to return when Chima and the budget was created). He said that the numbers weren't in as we were only one wave in at that point, but that the consensus he was hearing was that it was meeting goals and targets that had been set for it comfortably.

HF was a successful line though. It lasted nearly five years! That's a long time for any non-evergreen theme.

I did ask Kevin Hinkle at BrickfairVA a month ago how BIONICLE was doing, and he's always been really forthright with answers to those things (like the fact that Ninjago's return is what killed Chima's launch and long-term success, as the two had to share advertising budgets as Ninjago wasn't planned to return when Chima and the budget was created). He said that the numbers weren't in as we were only one wave in at that point, but that the consensus he was hearing was that it was meeting goals and targets that had been set for it comfortably.

I suppose that's good to hear. :s And I only figured HF wasn't successful due to them stating they decided to reboot Bionicle in 2012(?). I kind of thought the last 2 years of HF were just fillers, as well as last years Chima Ultrabuilds not being released in the US.

Edit: New Bionicle page in the lego magazine. Looks similar to last but we get new insight on Skull Warrior, along with LoSS and Slicer again.

Edited by MakutaOfWar

Edit: New Bionicle page in the lego magazine. Looks similar to last but we get new insight on Skull Warrior, along with LoSS and Slicer again.

What does it say on Skull Warrior? Don't have the magazine yet.

What does it say on Skull Warrior? Don't have the magazine yet.

SKULL WARRIOR

"With each stolen mask, Kulta gets more elemental power, and he will be using many Skull Warriors for this mission! Neutralizing the enemies with a shot from his ice bow, the Skull Warrior then uses Its hook blade to remove their mask. This gives his master even more power!"

Somebody on reddit has this, apparently French translation. But it looked liked the English was print in the imgur gallery(which contained the French version as well) so I wrote it down and typed it. XD The page is also titled Army of the Living Dead.

http://m.imgur.com/a/6FoE6#0

NOT MINE. I hope it's not against the rules but here's the link to the users album of the scans.

Edited by MakutaOfWar

It looks like the update hasn't been rolled out on the web version of the game as of yet, hopefully they add it soon.

(like the fact that Ninjago's return is what killed Chima's launch and long-term success, as the two had to share advertising budgets as Ninjago wasn't planned to return when Chima and the budget was created)

Is that why Chima's show debuted so late in 2013? Because if it isn't, I'm having a very hard time believing NINJAGO's return affected Chima's launch budget when NINJAGO returned in 2014, an entire year after Chima's debut.

The Bionicle App Game got a major Update for the Summer Wave!!!!!

Really? Sweet, I was hoping they would do that. I shall check it out later.

I'll check the game in a sec. Episode 14 "Beware their tails!" is live and accessible from the front page.

Edit: It's a decent episode. Nothing particularly special about it, though

Gali's face when Lewa points out the obvious. Lewa G2 4evar

No new content for the app game. Though that could be just the LEGO.com version, not the app itself.

Edited by Mandate

So that's where that Gali clip comes from.

Also, I think Lewa might be the most powerful of all the Toa in G2. For one thing, he possesses the ability to notice the incredibly obvious.

I'll check the game in a sec. Episode 14 "Beware their tails!" is live and accessible from the front page.

Me in my Gali impression: I guess you could say this is, a tall tail? huh? huh?

But still best obscure reference ever!

I'm somewhat done with the Vorox references at this point, but good episode. I like that not everything gets concluded in one go, which it easily could have.

SKULL WARRIOR

"With each stolen mask, Kulta gets more elemental power, and he will be using many Skull Warriors for this mission! Neutralizing the enemies with a shot from his ice bow, the Skull Warrior then uses Its hook blade to remove their mask. This gives his master even more power!"

Somebody on reddit has this, apparently French translation. But it looked liked the English was print in the imgur gallery(which contained the French version as well) so I wrote it down and typed it. XD The page is also titled Army of the Living Dead.

http://m.imgur.com/a/6FoE6#0

NOT MINE. I hope it's not against the rules but here's the link to the users album of the scans.

I think that's just a fan translation, because they had the digital version. However, the digital version is also up in English! So we can read for it ourselves.

5 widgets says Lewa will drop the stone carving above Ekimu's grave on the Scorpios.

That's more Onua's thing, isn't it?

Anyway, doesn't anyone feel that Pohatu knows a lot more about Okoto than the other Toa? He recognised LOSS while Tahu was "what is that thing?", identified the link between Mask and Master (and it didn't seem like a conclusion he took on the spot to me; he says "there is a link" instead of "there seems to be a link"), and now named the Scorpios as well (but here it's justified, since he

has encountered them before (or at least that's what Biosector01 says)

). Seriously, I'm starting to think we should have followed him and Nilkuu instead of Tahu and Narmoto to get more backstory.

Another trend: Gali's inability to be useful. She's the only Toa who didn't really contribute to the fight against Slicer, and now she's being used as set-up for a Captain Obvious joke. The writers aren't treating her very well.

Otherwise, awesome episode. I'm glad they didn't have the Scorpio actually put Pohatu's mask on; that would've been ridiculous.

Come summer 2016 and Pohatu was Makuta all along and the real Pohatu is actually like G1 personality-wise which is why he knows everything about Okoto. /s

Kind of surprised there's a new episode already. It felt like the Fallen Heroes one was released last Monday or something.

That's more Onua's thing, isn't it?

Anyway, doesn't anyone feel that Pohatu knows a lot more about Okoto than the other Toa? He recognised LOSS while Tahu was "what is that thing?", identified the link between Mask and Master (and it didn't seem like a conclusion he took on the spot to me; he says "there is a link" instead of "there seems to be a link"), and now named the Scorpios as well (but here it's justified, since he

has encountered them before (or at least that's what Biosector01 says)

). Seriously, I'm starting to think we should have followed him and Nilkuu instead of Tahu and Narmoto to get more backstory.

I have a feeling that 'Scorpio' might just be the name of the animal instead of 'Scorpion'. This would mean that he hates 'Scorpios' in general and recognized that the Skull Scorpios are just giant zombie skeleton versions of those.

Something I find interesting is that Skull Scorpio's character video contains versions of the scenes where Gali and Onua attack the Scorpios in Episode 14, yet they are edited so that Pohatu's mask isn't shown in the other Scorpio's tail. I can't understand why. The first thing that comes to mind is "to avoid spoilers", but Lego was perfectly happy to show us exactly how Lewa and Onua got their masks stolen in the character bios for Slicer and Basher.

I have a feeling that 'Scorpio' might just be the name of the animal instead of 'Scorpion'. This would mean that he hates 'Scorpios' in general and recognized that the Skull Scorpios are just giant zombie skeleton versions of those.

Yeah, I get the impression that Windham himself was confused by Pohatu's line and came up with something to explain it, not really realizing that his explanation created more problems. Of course, the real reason Pohatu said that was because it was a joke - there very likely wasn't too much thought put into the nitty-gritty worldbuilding implications it might have.

It was a decent episode, and the gali face was just great! But I have to kinda agree with DuplexBeGreat. Gali hasn't really been doing much, and yes I know it is a narrator telling the story but it still bothers me she doesn't have the female voice, most kids that don't go to her specific bio in the site confuse her as a guy. It would help if they reffered to gali as "she needs help! Or her mask was stolen!" Or something. I still like what she has done in the new series, as little as it may be, she is still my favorite of the bunch.

Is that why Chima's show debuted so late in 2013? Because if it isn't, I'm having a very hard time believing NINJAGO's return affected Chima's launch budget when NINJAGO returned in 2014, an entire year after Chima's debut.

The return was planned pretty quickly, as TLG had never experienced the volume of calls and complaints about the line's retirement over any other thing, ever. The budgets for each them that year had already been set and the budget for Ninjago's return had to come from somewhere, and it came from Chima.