Looking at the new bones, it seems that the gap through the middle is the same width as that within the sides of the socket, so Technic pins may just stick into that gap... That said, they would slide about in there.

Also, pink? In the CCBS? Mmhmm, yes. Get in me.

Neat, good eye! The variety of horn pieces we've been getting since 2005 is amazing. They certainly make him look very demonic. Now if the sets had more armour and less tr. orange..

I have to agree. I honestly don't think it's necessary for a skeletal themed villain to be almost armorless. Basher is a nice example of how you can do that, he's still my favourite amongst them.

However, I do hope that we'll be getting some regular white bone pieces, I've been waiting for that for a really long time ! I think that that's something Lego should look into, because the colours of the bones influence the overall design a lot.

-Iben

Well... people tend to confuse these names.

Neat find tho!

Yes but still it might occur to you that no-one is going to mistake Ben 10 tails for the piece I described, then that I might not be talking about the one that clearly has Ben 10 tails, and have enough curiosity to investigate my crazy talk. Or if you're not gonna check, don't speak out dismissing it.

You're good though. It's my fault for not doing it visually the first time.

Now they (I) will just scream at you to switch to the other type of bone, and THEN put armour on it :P.

It still seems strange to me that lego would make a piece for that reason, when they've left armour off hf sets before, and had no qualms about leaving the ball joints exposed. Why the change of heart now?

As mentioned above, (hopefully) it's to allow for pin connections. It's nice to finally see a new bone piece, though.

It's because it gives it a different style, and that's the look they're going for. Wasn't essential to maximum building possibilities on launch of the entirely new system. I like the idea of pin/axle connection returning but looking at the pieces, even if they looked like they could, that's certainly incidental and not even a remotely intended connection. Just a clunky cheat like rubber banding parts together, or at best like putting a plate sideways between studs.

Looking at the new bones, it seems that the gap through the middle is the same width as that within the sides of the socket, so Technic pins may just stick into that gap... That said, they would slide about in there.

This. Good on ya for comparing to the known geometry, I eyeballed it and thought it'd be too thin outright.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Neat, good eye! The variety of horn pieces we've been getting since 2005 is amazing. They certainly make him look very demonic. Now if the sets had more armour and less tr. orange..

Yeah! Lots of variety. Space Police III spike, Atlantis tooth, Chima odd hollow horn, Lone ranger longhorn. We also got a lot of flame(/electricity/energy burst) parts, which this could also be categorized under.

I would like to say that I hope the bones pieces are not White, but 'Very Light Bluish Grey'. It's an off-white color that has only been used on a couple of sets (Rocka XL, Breakout Nex, and XT4 specifically) and I think it would work so much better to represent dusty old bones than a pure white color.

I would like to say that I hope the bones pieces are not White, but 'Very Light Bluish Grey'. It's an off-white color that has only been used on a couple of sets (Rocka XL, Breakout Nex, and XT4 specifically) and I think it would work so much better to represent dusty old bones than a pure white color.

Very Light Bluish Gray (Light Stone Grey) was discontinued a couple years ago, so that's not really a possibility. Also, Breakout Nex and XT4 didn't use that color at all — they used Light Bluish Gray (Medium Stone Grey).

Very Light Bluish Gray (Light Stone Grey) was discontinued a couple years ago, so that's not really a possibility. Also, Breakout Nex and XT4 didn't use that color at all — they used Light Bluish Gray (Medium Stone Grey).

Okay, sorry. I had just taken a momentary glance at Bricklink's list to find the color name. I meant the color that Nex and XT4 used, because we have already gotten bones in that color and it would work well as bone.

It's really irritating to search for certain colors when they are not called the same across all Lego websites. Like... I really thought the color on NEX and XT4 were the light stone grey. I find this a large problem when using LDD. Is there a chart somewhere that describes these?

sry for offtopic.

If these pieces end up being gray and not white there will be much pain.

I'm pretty sure these are light gray. White would clash too much and and normal grey wouldn't be bone-y enough.

The tail on skull scorpion looks like it could be a slingshot... It's certainly big enough. All they need is a rubber band between the two halves.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be white. Makes perfect sense since they are skeletons after all. Although, personally I would have preferred tan to avoid the bleached look.

I'm pretty sure these are light gray. White would clash too much and and normal grey wouldn't be bone-y enough.

What would white clash with? It's a neutral color. Even against black it usually just provides a nice contrast.

I'm pretty sure they're white. My second guess would be silver.

I suggested Light Bluish Grey because bones aren't white- they are actually a light tanish color. However, Light Bluish Grey could evoke old, grimy, dusty bones; and age/decay is already sort of evoked in the 'torn cloth-like' armor. If a skeleton comes out of the ground, it won't be the perfect, pristine white that Lego uses. Besides, that shade of grey is not that far off from white. Again, this is just a personal wish and I bet that they will use white because that is what everyone expects.

I suggested Light Bluish Grey because bones aren't white- they are actually a light tanish color. However, Light Bluish Grey could evoke old, grimy, dusty bones; and age/decay is already sort of evoked in the 'torn cloth-like' armor. If a skeleton comes out of the ground, it won't be the perfect, pristine white that Lego uses. Besides, that shade of grey is not that far off from white. Again, this is just a personal wish and I bet that they will use white because that is what everyone expects.

We need to ask someone who's seen the summer sets at the last Toy Fair how 'cloth-like' the add-ons are. I have a feeling they're just static pieces. Edited by MonkeyChud

We need to ask someone who's seen the summer sets at the last Toy Fair how 'cloth-like' the add-ons are. I have a feeling they're just static pieces.

I imagine that it's a static piece. The way I am imaging it is like the 'BIONICLE shell', but with a cloth-esque detail instead of a mechanical look. It might even have texturing on the 'cloth' like slope bricks. There is no way it is actual cloth though, because that would be such a specialized piece and it would probably cost a lot to manufacture in in some way that it attaches securely to the pegs of a shell.

No, bones aren't white, but that's never stopped LEGO before. They made a fossil white, and fossils aren't even close to white. White is immediately recognizable as bone to the common person, so it's the go-to color for the skeletal look.

I imagine that it's a static piece. The way I am imaging it is like the 'BIONICLE shell', but with a cloth-esque detail instead of a mechanical look. It might even have texturing on the 'cloth' like slope bricks. There is no way it is actual cloth though, because that would be such a specialized piece and it would probably cost a lot to manufacture in in some way that it attaches securely to the pegs of a shell.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about that weird add-on you can see on the big guy's knees with Ekimu. Not any other piece really visible that could be described that way, and I wouldn't use that description for any of the parts visible. Kind of disappointed that was even mentioned.

MonkeyChud & TheDesuComplex: I think they're the armor add-on that's already shown there. With the jagged edges coming up from skull grinder's shins. Doesn't have the flow I hoped for from from hearing it called clothlike (though I never expected anything but a hard piece) but I'll reserve judgement for a better resolution view. But it really looks more jagged than ragged like the shoddy armor on the moria orcs in Peter Jackson's Fellowship of the Ring.

I do wish we could have that Thok color that got discontinued too.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about that weird add-on you can see on the big guy's knees with Ekimu. Not any other piece really visible that could be described that way, and I wouldn't use that description for any of the parts visible. Kind of disappointed that was even mentioned.

Whoops. That's what happens when I don't refresh the page for 30 minutes.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

If these pieces end up being gray and not white there will be much pain.

They're so gray.

I'd bet my Bionicle key chain on it.

They're so gray.

I'd bet my Bionicle key chain on it.

I agree on this too. Like some people said; it would clash with the other colors. Sure, black and white pieces complement each other but then you add the greens, blue, and purple it just is overwhelming*. Not to mention there's also bits of red and orange in several of these sets too. Like Eljay and few others said, I think that these new bone pieces WILL be some shade of grey. Grey works better as a neutral color than white; you can add it to more color combinations.

*Disclaimer: I ACTUALLY like when more colors are in sets. Even if the DO "Clash". I also like Skull Scorpio (Scorpy-Scor FTW) and LOSS too. BTW, Does that make me a hipster? IDK memes...

I mean, don't get me wrong, the light gray color would be more suited for the skeletal theme than the bleached white color we're used to. I"m not really denying that.

I'm just holding out hope that they're white for personal, MoC related reasons. Heck, the bones can be gray, just make the skulls white. ;_;