The existence of the street date makes me considerably less confident that the sets will show up early. Last time we had a street date for the release of a theme, (First wave of Chima.) my TRU and all of the other stores nearby held to the street date.

I'm still not sure if my store will hold to it or not, in 2006 my TRU had pridak before Christmas, but only pridak. in 2008 the agori where available early, and the same with the stars in 2009. So I'll have to check my store pretty soon. I'll give it a week or two.

I'm impressed how much BIONICLE 2015 fan art I've already seen! Check out this image that I just made my current desktop wallpaper!

I'd like to do some BIONICLE 2015 fan art of my own, but every time I sit down to draw I have no idea where to start...

I've set it as my desktop background and it certainly does make a nice wallpaper. :thumbup:

Screenshots from the animations also make for nice BGs. I'm currently using the shot of Protectors fishing from The Legend animation.

Anywho, I also need to whip up some fanart. And no. I don't mean things like Taster of Jungle. :P

Just for the sake of things got to post this: http://41.media.tumb...9evco1_1280.png I regret every single line, it's a very rough sketch and will be nothing more.

Now that you mentioned it Kalhiki, I must use that as wallapaper too, no need to link it though. Think I can find it on my own.

Ah, found it but took a much better version from the 1080p video they uploaded: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/340/5/a/protector_bsckground_by_gk733-d88xzj7.png

Edited by GK733

Does anyone know when the winners of the Golden Mask contest are announced? I'm a bit excited.

I think the official rules said around the 25th. Just in time for Christmas.

The semifinialists will be announced by December 25th. The final winner will be decided by January 12th.

LoSS, Lewa, and Kopaka have been added to TRU's website.

Not sure if this is so they'll be available to buy soon or if they're just getting put into the data base so they can be rang up at the register. Kind of on the fence about that.

Edit: Lewa, Kopaka and LoSS were available to purchase this morning at 3AM. They've since been taken off sale.

Edited by ButtScientist

Six out of thirteen. Pretty much half way there. And with about two and a half weeks till Christmas, there's a chance they could be made available in time for the holidays. Otherwise, it'll be a week after that when the release is official, which I can easily wait for.

Interesting to hear that they could be purchased. I wonder what happened if anyone managed to place an order?

Six out of thirteen. Pretty much half way there. And with about two and a half weeks till Christmas, there's a chance they could be made available in time for the holidays. Otherwise, it'll be a week after that when the release is official, which I can easily wait for.

Interesting to hear that they could be purchased. I wonder what happened if anyone managed to place an order?

I know a couple guys on another board were able to grab some. And luckily for them TRU will honor that sale because if I remember correctly Brain Attack's second wave was put on sale a month early on the website and those sales were fulfilled.

Also: Someone on another board that's in the UK was told by a Lego store employee that the sets would be available at their store on Boxing Day. (December 26th).

So I'm not entirely sure if we'll be seeing the sets this month or not.

I know a couple guys on another board were able to grab some. And luckily for them TRU will honor that sale because if I remember correctly Brain Attack's second wave was put on sale a month early on the website and those sales were fulfilled.

Also: Someone on another board that's in the UK was told by a Lego store employee that the sets would be available at their store on Boxing Day. (December 26th).

Watch it be a day before Christmas lol. But anyways, you're pretty lucky to have amigos that have the inside hookups.

I was one of the ones who was able to nab BA-W2 when they released them, and they did fulfill my order, so I bet that they will honor this one. They're still pretty lucky.

Again, reiterating my plans to reserve the wave at the Lego Store on the 1st and go pick it up. That's IMO the best bet for getting them as soon as possible without monitoring the TRU site with constant vigilance.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Bionicle

Lego shop just added this page (I think? Might be old sorry). You can sign up for an email alert for when the sets are available so I'm not entirely sure they'll be sticking to that January 1st date on the sets currently.

Also: Ekimu in a sarcophagus. Pretty neat-o.

Edited by ButtScientist

'Makuta the Mask Hoarder.' Neat.

I laughed at this. That's the most absurd name I've ever heard. :P

I love it.

'Makuta the Mask Hoarder.' Neat.

It has a sort of Anglo-Saxon ring (no pun intended) to it. It would be interesting to see BIONICLE incorporate elements of Old English mythology and culture, provided it doesn't simply ape Tolkien.

Makuta. Master of hoarding. I'm sticking to that.

Although it makes me think, is he actually active and collecting different masks? (Racing the toa to the gold ones perhaps) or am I just over thinking this?

Makuta. Master of hoarding. I'm sticking to that.

Although it makes me think, is he actually active and collecting different masks? (Racing the toa to the gold ones perhaps) or am I just over thinking this?

Since the Skull Spiders are all about stealing masks, and Makuta is also obsessed with gathering masks of power, I have a feeling they're doing that on his behalf.

'Be one of the first to see the brand new sets!' on the Lego homepage. I so want to think that this is a snarky comment about it leaking so early...

I also signed up for the notification email because why not.