About a sixth of released Bionicle sets are red; only 4 of them were incarnations of Tahu :/

Yeah, but obviously he can't be Vakama or Lhikan, and Jaller (I would love a remake of him, though.. with more yellow this time) just isn't iconic as Tahu. Plus his box art shows him in a very familiar pose.

If that isn't Tahu, I'll be really surprised. You've got to admit the mask totally looks like a Hau and there is also that box art.

-Gata signoff.png

So when Greg's account was hacked on BZP a while back, was his signature changed to read "BIONICLE Returns 2015", and was the account ever reinstated after being banned? Because as it stands, both of those things are true about the account now.

Nope... I'd expect the signature to be a second instance of the account being hacked because Greg would almost definitely not do that himself

And yes that's Tahu

Edited by Chro

Nope... I'd expect the signature to be a second instance of the account being hacked because Greg would almost definitely not do that himself

And yes that's Tahu

Chro the All-Knowing, is the white/gold one Takanuva? Tell us your secrets! :P

In all seriousness though, if Chro is right, then that would mean that there has been 5 incarnations of Tahu... a tad bit much for my tastes :/

Edited by TheGreatSpirit

In all seriousness though, if Chro is right, then that would mean that there has been 5 incarnations of Tahu... a tad bit much for my tastes :/

He's like Optimus Prime. You can never have too much Optimus.

As far as I am aware, it is highly possible - though definitely not certain - that the white and gold one is Takanuva

Im pretty sure that I saw Gresh and a skakdi in the image upon closer look; if thats the case, then half the sets are upgraded Bionicle Stars... not sure what to think of that actually.

As far as I am aware, it is highly possible - though definitely not certain - that the white and gold one is Takanuva

I would assume that any white and gold set would be Takanuva, thanks!

He's like Optimus Prime. You can never have too much Optimus.

I was thinking the exact same thing!

And I do hope that's Takanuva, though I don't see the resemblance (I can't see anything specific at all, actually). I don't own his past 3 versions, unfortunately, and he's one of my favourite characters, so I'd jump at the chance to get him.

[/size]Yeah, but obviously he can't be Vakama or Lhikan, and Jaller (I would love a remake of him, though.. with more yellow this time) just isn't iconic as Tahu. Plus his box art shows him in a very familiar pose.

He could still be an entirely new Tahu-ish character, the same way Lhikan was in 2004. There's no reason to assume ANY of the figures in the leaked images are or aren't existing characters at this point, since we know nothing about the story that will accompany these sets.

He could still be an entirely new Tahu-ish character, the same way Lhikan was in 2004. There's no reason to assume ANY of the figures in the leaked images are or aren't existing characters at this point, since we know nothing about the story that will accompany these sets.

You are completely right, and I would say that your logic applies to any other character in this image... that said, I have been told by the leak source that this one is Tahu :P

Im pretty sure that I saw Gresh and a skakdi in the image upon closer look; if thats the case, then half the sets are upgraded Bionicle Stars... not sure what to think of that actually.

I would assume that any white and gold set would be Takanuva, thanks!

Good concept, better execution, but maybe only if they were going to be different characters than the first wave.

Anyone who remembers Bionicle and sees the picture (or future official pictures) immediately sees Tahu, source: discussions about this pic. :tongue:

There's no reason why it shouldn't be Tahu as he is the awesome guy, the leader, the face of Bionicle.

The Gresh figure is blue. I don't think Gresh is blue. :grin:

Also, very nice artwork Ven and Kalhiki. There was another piece of art on Tumblr that depicted Tahu lava surfing, but I can't find it again.

So. Who else is going to have a Bionicle media marathon?

I plan on playing all the games I have and watching the movies. Just for kicks.

I'm probably going to be watching movies 1-3. Can't watch the fourth one because I don't have the DVD. Also might play Bionicle Heroes, and maybe build a commemorative MOC.

Or maybe a party?

Edited by Zenerius

The Gresh figure is blue. I don't think Gresh is blue. :grin:

Also, very nice artwork Ven and Kalhiki. There was another piece of art on Tumblr that depicted Tahu lava surfing, but I can't find it again.

Gah, I haven't looked at the second image in a while :/

Apart from the spider, I think I see one other non humanoid set. Can anyone else see what I'm referring to?

I am kinda tempted to get my ps2 out of storage to play Bionicle heroes again XD. I have the first game too, but I got it used, and it breaks halfway through Pohatu's chapter every time. :(

The image is in black and white, because the printer used by the leak source ran out of colored ink... he's told us that the "Gresh" figure is blue, yes

Edited by Chro

I am kinda tempted to get my ps2 out of storage to play Bionicle heroes again XD. I have the first game too, but I got it used, and it breaks halfway through Pohatu's chapter every time. :(

That's depressing. It was actually a pretty good game, all things considered.

But at least you can play Heroes. I can't. I think the laser on my PS2 is busted. Can't get it to read any discs. :/

I don't have any of the games, but I may go and watch all of the films again and possibly draw a short comic strip thing about it. :tongue:

Lol I had the first Bionicle game, and it had horrid controls; ffs, I HATED the Lewa level so much, it was near IMPOSSIBLE to fly behind the gukko... good times.

Speaking of games, if there are online Bionicle flash games in 2015, do you think they'll be similar to the recent HF click-to-move games?[ (Not the IFB one, but basically any of them before that)

Edited by Chro

IF anything, a new game would resemble the swarm-based gameplay from IFB, BA and Breakout. It seems to be their shtick.

Edited by Dorek