LEGO Train 12 Volts

Union Pacific 6900 DDA40X

I would assume wheels 1 & 4 are sliding sideways in some sort of groove.

(Wheels 2&3 are the normal PF train engine)

At least that's the way I'd try to do it.

Correct Selander ...and I'm not surprised because you have great skills! :thumbup:

AWESOME 'LT12V' as usual from you.......Brick On ! :grin:

Thanks Tiger ...it's always an honour hear from you! :blush:

Hi Duke

Many compliments. I'm working (as you know) on a BR wich will fulfill the request for a 1:38 replica.

Sergio

I Sergio (and Eros) I will answer to you on ITLug ...thanks for the compliments! :wink:

Wait to see you and your wonderful loco soon as possible

Next time i also have to show you some new project, and some new loco, sure you love!

It would be great meet you during a Lego event (maybe in Verona?) ...I'm sure I'll love your project ! :thumbup:

Thanks to 3797 and Dread Pirate Rob ...to Dread I can say "keep on briking and your skill will rise visibly! :wink:

Info on DDA40X

Gauge 4 ft 8 12 in (1,435 mm)

Wheelbase Between truck centers: 65 ft (19.81 m):

Truck wheelbase: 17 ft 1 12 in (5.22 m)

Length 98 ft 5 in (30.00 m)

Width 10 ft 4 in (3.15 m))

Height cab roof: 14 ft 11 38 in (4.56 m): overall: 16 ft 4 in (4.98 m)

Thanks for the measures ...I confirm my scale 1:45 and I confirm that Barduck model is biggest than mine! :grin:

Another great creation my dear fellow. You always astonish us each time you post a new creation.

Your skill easily jumps from the old German steam machine to the modern electric locomotive, from the rolling stock of Europe to the American one.

Now you've captured the essence of the original UP DDA40X and made out of Lego a fine huge model. :thumbup: Given 7w a trouble choice, you well reproduced the nose and the whole model has lots of lovely detaails.

It's also a remarkable result you won the D-D challenge. Can't wait to see this beast in action on a proper rail track pulling a stock of passenger coaches in coordinate livery as you promised or a colorful mix of freight cars. :classic:

Hey Helos,

thank you for your much appreciated words ...I feel honored to receive such a compliment! :blush:

Merry Christmas to you my dear friend! :classic:

NOTE:

I'm working on the two convoys and I hope to post the first one on January :wink:

Wow, good you promised and posted the video around christmas, so I didn't miss this thread.

Really good building skills here to create something in 70 studs length and 7 stud width. The boogies are 1B1, aren't they? The first and fourth axles can turn out from the train motor, or they can slide a little bit to make it run on curves?

The boogies are 1B1, aren't they? The first and fourth axles can turn out from the train motor, or they can slide a little bit to make it run on curves?

This is correct! :classic:

The first axle, of every bogie, can slide a little bit to make it run on curves and ensure that out of the curves the wheels are always aligned and straight even if pushed forward.

The fourth axle, of every bogie, can turn out from the train motor (like a pendulum) because the alignment depends on being pulled.

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

Wow, that's awesome!

Do you have two PF motors in there? Guess that is needed to haul large wagons.. ;-)

I see light build in - 2 sets?

This would be a great model to add an SBrick controller too.. ;-)

Do you have two PF motors in there?

Yes there are two standard train motors and one IR controller. The lights are three (not lego) leds.

The locomotive will pull a long convoy! :classic:

One question for you: in your avatar is that a cat or a lion? :laugh:

One question for you: in your avatar is that a cat or a lion? :laugh:

He.. it's a lion.. but it was a stuffed one, displayed as laying in the sun, relaxing. It's from Odense Zoo in Denmark, one they had there for years, bit was killed during an internal fight between the animals... sadly.

An awesome rendition of an iconic train engine. :thumbup:

So there are 3 versions now, DmChylde 6 wide, LT12V 7 wide and Barduck12's 8 wide. :classic:

it was killed during an internal fight between the animals

What a pity! Even if it seems stuffed smiling

awesome rendition of an iconic train engine. :thumbup:

Thanks Urban Erwin, I'm feel honored to hear from you! :blush:

Awesome! You should post it to LEGO Ideas, if you want to.

Thanks for the compliments but I think that this model have too many pieces and complex solution for kids (and for Lego policy) ...there are also extra parts like battery boxes, lights and switches :wink: