Sign in to follow this  
Matthias

[MOC] Watchtower on Sabatina

Hello motivated by Capt. Braunsfeld here my current MOC I have worked on a long time.

This tower and a few same towers where build by the bluecoats at strategic points in the jungle of their mainland Sabatina.

When a tower watch a pirateship or redcoats the soldiers make a fire into a golden mirror at the top of the tower. Because of this sign the governor know where will come and is able to make Port Royal ready to what comes.

Sorry for the unsorted pics, I can´t it better than that. :pir-sceptic:

15852870866_834fc2bc63.jpg15878031602_e169776f59.jpg

15692659329_f6ef39ae0b.jpg

15692911427_8c029ea456.jpg

15852863416_90aedf3165.jpg

15878015122_81e82637ec.jpg

15691157998_4636fd45aa.jpg

15692906317_3570e777d5.jpg

15691154458_97bd240f3c.jpg

15878018982_d37a43beb9.jpg15692900847_bd4d0842e2.jpg

Nice build, Matthias!

The rocks and water are simple yet very effective, as is the dispersion of foliage in the build. The tower has a very nice "Imperial" feel to it. I like the tan corners with white walls. The balcony for the cannon is a nice idea, but there should probably be some diagonal braces attaching the underside to the wall (just being picky as an engineer pirate_laugh2.gif ). The light at the top is a nice inclusion. The dock ladder is great as well. One of my favorite details is the inclusion of the traditional arches from El Dorado Fortress with the 1x2 tan slopes under white 1x4 arches. The detail of the build shows modern techniques, but nostalgia also plays a role due to the inclusion of such references to the original sets.

Brick on, Matthias!

Nice! Feels a lot like real Imperial building.

Same as Slegengr I noticed the balcony should have some more solid base.

Overall very nice model!

Bluecoats rule! pirate_laugh2.gif

The use of tan and white for the tower works out well.

Solid rockwork - and a good approach for the water too!

I also like the plants on the beach and the palm trees. I definitely need to rework mine.

I also saw that you have included a "dark blue" bluecoat. And I thought you were a bluecoat purist! pir_laugh2.gif

Nice MOC, brick on!

(and thanks for having me in your MOC) pirate_satisfied.gif

Thank you for your comments.

The balcony for the cannon is a nice idea, but there should probably be some diagonal braces attaching the underside to the wall (just being picky as an engineer pirate_laugh2.gif ).

Mmmh I will add them nexr time

I also saw that you have included a "dark blue" bluecoat. And I thought you were a bluecoat purist! pir_laugh2.gif

Nice MOC, brick on!

(and thanks for having me in your MOC) pirate_satisfied.gif

I am a bluecoat nationalist pir_laugh2.gif , of coure the empire needs special forces and therefore my army has 20 of the darkblue soldiers and 1 officer. In the other hand their are 150 normal soldiers plus a few officers.

Oh you see yourself, it was a honor to fish with you pirate_classic.gif

Oh nice one. In this case loves houses loves watchtowers pir_laugh2.gif .

The palm trees are beautiful. And the overgrowth sprouting up the tower is nice as well.

So many other gorgeous ideas, telescope and all...

Brick on! :wink:

Wow! Lots of color! The water is very eye-catching and I do like that telescope. pirate_laugh_new.gif So many details it'll take me a while to take it all in. Also good to see someone building for the Bluecoats, incomparable heroes that they are. pirate_laugh2.gif Oh, and I also love the tan corners on a white building - I'm actually using that same scheme on my current project!

Edited by Plaid Beard

This build is awesome, a fantastic inspiration. I love the height of the fort and the overall dimensions of the piece, really well done! :-) And very cool palm trees I want to try that (I have a collection of old bases with snapped leaf pieces I was wondering what to do with them, now I know).

Man - if I'm patient, everything from my lurking days is going to come back to the first page. This is indeed a fine tower. The tan corners look great with the white walls, the rocks and trees are really nice, and the signal fire at the top is cool. The cannon on the side balcony does seem strange, though. Too many builders make the mistake of mounting heavy artillery way up high when in reality it would be down low for convenience, ease of use, access, etc. Getting the cannon up there would have been difficult enough, but actually using it would require that powder, wadding and shot be brought up as well. And elevating it would have little effect on it's accurate range. (Of course, we could assume some filthy redcoats had been captured and forced to do the heavy lifting.) But this is a fine creation regardless.

Guys, yes, it's nice to see a good creation again, but it doesn't have to be on the first page, especially if there's nothing new to be contributed. Read these guidelines... they're really more like rules, arhhh!

I'm sure you can do better than to bump a MOC, idk, get inspired and build an even higher tower, or convince Mathias to do it for you (prepare for spam, mate!), just no old-topic-bumpidibumpbump!