Yzalirk

Orcish Steel in The Kragg

I don't think there's anything wrong with the BW anvil. I have a couple of 'em myself and have been itching to use them. But then I have tons of BW stuff I've never used. :P

Excellent fig, that beard looks perfect!

I wish i could take pictures like that... Nice build, and as above, excellent fig!

Thanks guys! :classic:

The minifig honestly was improvised but he came out pretty cool and I'm glad you guys like him. :blush:

@Jorrith: The best advice I can give you, that was given to me, is lots of lighting. When I took these, it was only one lamp that shined directly at this at like 2 inches away and the I had to stay still with my camera and point it at this build at a few angles to get the perfect shots. I'm an amateur photographer but those pictures definitely show what you can pull off without the best equipment. If there's anything else you want to know about it, feel free to send me a delicious PM and I'll get right back to you with an answer. :classic:

I don't think there's anything wrong with the BW anvil. I have a couple of 'em myself and have been itching to use them. But then I have tons of BW stuff I've never used. :P

The only reason I can see a problem is that, from what I've told, challenges mostly pure parts for things. But lots of things for the Zar-Ifrikt are from BrickWarriors so I would be super annoyed if I can't use the armor and weapons. But directly to the anvil, I agree that I don't think there's anything wrong with at all. For $1 how can you say no? I'd rather just buy the custom one rather than use lots of little parts for a huge inaccurate anvil. Just my opinion though. :wink:

Most challenges allow non-purist parts. Depends on who's driving the challenge I think, but I'm not sure why a few are totally purist. I'd just pay attention to that and avoid challenges you don't want to do because being purist doesn't work for your collection. I'm lucky in that I have lots of Lego so I can always modify to purism if needed, as I did with Mount Up!.

Good to see something in bricks now! I agree on the fig, the beard does suit him very well. The anvil looks a bit out of place though, so I also think that should be a brick build one.

The only reason I mind the anvil (and most third part parts), is that they simply look out of place with Lego. Either they are over detailed or just too simple. Here's how I think: if Lego made an actual anvil piece, most of us would be complaining about juniorizing. Just my two cents on the matter,,

Good job with this, Behemoth. It's nice to see your Zar-Ifrikt coming to life in some builds! :classic:

Thanks, glad you like it. :classic:

Your best build for sure Behemoth. I am a little concerned about the location of your build though. My understanding is Ruadh was established by another community member, and while I think expanding the lore of Historica is good, it also seems unfair to encroach upon something another member has worked hard to foster.

Perhaps it would be best to establish your own lands and if the creator of another country/village encourages or invites you in, then build away.

Your best build for sure Behemoth. I am a little concerned about the location of your build though. My understanding is Ruadh was established by another community member, and while I think expanding the lore of Historica is good, it also seems unfair to encroach upon something another member has worked hard to foster.

Perhaps it would be best to establish your own lands and if the creator of another country/village encourages or invites you in, then build away.

Sorry but I think that's where you're wrong with just this one little thing. Yes, Ruadh was created by SarahJoy but from my understanding, she's allowing some little shops to built in Ruadh. If you type in "Ruadh" in the search bar, there are plenty of results and Mike S and robuko have built buildings in Ruadh. I've asked before if I could build some shops, I might just stick with [this] one, but she wasn't very fond of the style I wanted to approach, that being a vignette. I have no clue what to expect Ruadh to look like so I just decided to go through with a vignette of the inside that way I can't be wrong with what it would look like outside. Unless SarahJoy doesn't want me to ever do a build that consists of something in Ruadh, I will not and I'll just stick to my own lands and lands that are open to everyone, like the Badlands or something. Don't think I'm trying to sound insulting, because that's not what I'm doing, but I'm just saying that SarahJoy basically said yes and a few other members have built on her territory. :wink:

Edited by Behemoth

Sorry but I think that's where you're wrong with just this one little thing... I've asked before if I could build some shops, I might just stick with [this] one, but she wasn't very fond of the style I wanted to approach, that being a vignette...

I understand she is willing to share, but while you mention, "she wasn't very fond of the style I wanted to approach, that being a vignette", that is not ALL she said.

Here is the complete quote:

While a blacksmith or alchemy shop would be welcome in Ruadh, I'd need more than just a vignette (they're fine for establishing storylines, but they're not ideal for establishing settlements) and I'd need clear assurance beforehand that your build/storyline in Ruadh works with my own GoH goals/storyline. Maxim I (with his herald's shop), Robuko (with his vibrant gallery), and Mike S (with his Aslanic Temple) have done an excellent job of establishing a baseline for pre-planning and quality of guest builds in Ruadh.

Though you seemed to have read the vignette part, you skipped the entire portion after that where she wanted to be sure you weren't encroaching on the rest of what she was trying to build. Please be more mindful of the communications others are sending out there. I took a look at some of your other posts and I noticed a pattern of not listening to what others are trying to put out there. This is a community my man, so while I expect others to respect you and allow you to participate, I would also like you to do the same and respect what they have worked hard to build as well.

Z is right; you're missing the point here.

It's not a matter of vignette versus full build, though if you had looked at my descriptions of Ruadh and the builds so far, you'd have an idea of what Ruadh looks like. A nice little vignette like this one still could have worked.

The problem is that this is not a Ruadhi build. Ruadh does not take bribes, and at no point has it ever been implied that it is corrupt. It's not cool to alter the character of someone else's storyline like that. Further, the Ruadh market has been established as offering the finest luxury artisan goods, and "brutish armor" doesn't really fit that. The story needs to, in some way, reflect the character of the location. Had you talked with me, as I requested, we could have made slight adjustments to your story, so that it would fit in Ruadh.

The other community members who have built in Ruadh have each worked with and built on the Ruadh storyline within their build. In each case, there was some collaborative effort at the pre-planning stage.

When you build what you want, where you want, knowingly disregarding the preferences of fellow community members, it feels inconsiderate and disrespectful to the rest of us, who are trying to work together as a community to build Historica.

I'm not against you building in Ruadh, Behemoth, but there needs to be some cooperation. If you'd like this build to remain in Ruadh, let's come up with some minor alterations to the story so that it works here.

Edited by SarahJoy

The problem is that this is not a Ruadhi build. Ruadh does not take bribes, and at no point has it ever been implied that it is corrupt. It's not cool to alter the character of someone else's storyline like that. Further, the Ruadh market has been established as offering the finest luxury artisan goods, and "brutish armor" doesn't really fit that. The story needs to, in some way, reflect the character of the location. Had you talked with me, as I requested, we could have made slight adjustments to your story, so that it would fit in Ruadh.

I had totally forgotten to bring it up with you about the story. I can always change the story around a bit but there's no going back on the concept, that it being an arms shop. If'd you like the hear an alternative for the story, I'll gladly check in with you on it but I don't want it come out bland and boring that it just basically is getting permission for no reason to establish the shop, you know what I mean?

If'd you like the hear an alternative for the story, I'll gladly check in with you on it but I don't want it come out bland and boring that it just basically is getting permission for no reason to establish the shop, you know what I mean?

Behemoth, you've already inserted yourself into someone else's story without permission, so if I were you I would be as accommodating as possible.

I had totally forgotten to bring it up with you about the story. I can always change the story around a bit but there's no going back on the concept, that it being an arms shop. If'd you like the hear an alternative for the story, I'll gladly check in with you on it but I don't want it come out bland and boring that it just basically is getting permission for no reason to establish the shop, you know what I mean?

If Sarah doesn't dig the concept, tho, there's always another way to go...move the shop elsewhere! It might necessitate changing the story a bit, too, but if it clashes too much with Ruadh, and especially since it's just an interior vignette, there's not really much reason it must be in Ruadh, is there?

If Sarah doesn't dig the concept, tho, there's always another way to go...move the shop elsewhere! It might necessitate changing the story a bit, too, but if it clashes too much with Ruadh, and especially since it's just an interior vignette, there's not really much reason it must be in Ruadh, is there?

Actually, good idea. I can always get the topic name changed I suppose and change the story and ask for all the Ruadh comments to be taken down. Good idea my friend, good idea. :thumbup:

So, I'd like for the topic to be called "Orcish Steel in The Kragg" and all Ruadh comments taken down (if possible) that way people can just shut their mouths about this stupid situation and move on, thanks.

I just got home. While I was out, I was brainstorming ideas on how we could work together to make this work, coming up with a few tweaks that would reflect both our storylines without making it, as you put it, bland and boring. However, as you prefer to just move the location, that works too.

people can just shut their mouths about this stupid situation and move on, thanks.

There's no reason to be uncivil.

that way people can just shut their mouths about this stupid situation and move on, thanks.

There is no need for this. Let's rewind. As I said, I expect everyone to be civil and understanding with you just as I expect you to be respectful to everyone as well. If you are set on having the build presented as it is here, I will gladly retitled the MOC and move it to the Kragg. If you wish to work with SarahJoy to make the build fit in Ruadh, that is also acceptable.

Let's all take a second and remember this is a community. We should all be respected and valued.

Behemoth, this is your MOC, how would you like to proceed?

There's no reason to be uncivil.

I would like to have people quit bagging on me about lots of things so I will only work on my ideas and no one else's ever again. I'm just getting tired of being criticized for a bunch of stupid stuff.

There is no need for this. Let's rewind. As I said, I expect everyone to be civil and understanding with you just as I expect you to be respectful to everyone as well. If you are set on having the build presented as it is here, I will gladly retitled the MOC and move it to the Kragg. If you wish to work with SarahJoy to make the build fit in Ruadh, that is also acceptable.

Let's all take a second and remember this is a community. We should all be respected and valued.

Behemoth, this is your MOC, how would you like to proceed?

I would like to have the title changed and I'll bang out a new story later.

I think it'd be easier this way because no one will be able to bag on me just like before and I can't go wrong with situations like this again.

Behemoth, this "stupid situation" is one you created by not taking other people seriously. You've only ever worked on or talked about your ideas. It seems the closest you're interested in getting to working with others is to take their ideas and do whatever you want with them like you did to SarahJoy. I've tried to help you with advice and feedback but like Z says, you have a listening problem.

I don't appreciate being passive-aggressively accused of "bagging on you" and I'm sure no one else who has criticized your selfish behavior on GoH and elsewhere does either. Now you're having another tantrum because you don't like that people are resisting your attempts to make everything about you. GoH is not "The Behemoth Show". If you can't wrap your head around that, I don't think you're going to work out here.

I would like to have people quit bagging on me about lots of things.

If you feel someone is doing something that violates the site guidelines, please report the abuse using the "report" button on the inappropriate post.

Again, I expect everyone to respect each other and if that is not happening, it will be addressed.

Behemoth, this "stupid situation" is one you created by not taking other people seriously. You've only ever worked on or talked about your ideas. It seems the closest you're interested in getting to working with others is to take their ideas and do whatever you want with them like you did to SarahJoy. I've tried to help you with advice and feedback but like Z says, you have a listening problem.

I don't appreciate being passive-aggressively accused of "bagging on you" and I'm sure no one else who has criticized your selfish behavior on GoH and elsewhere does either. Now you're having another tantrum because you don't like that people are resisting your attempts to make everything about you. GoH is not "The Behemoth Show". If you can't wrap your head around that, I don't think you're going to work out here.

Telling other members whether or not they belong here is not a job for you mccoyed. Please also follow my advice and show appropriate respect to Behemoth. He is a valued member of the community as well. This MOC shows Behemoth is a very capable member of the community and I will not tolerate people making such harsh critiques of his person.

Telling other members whether or not they belong here is not a job for you mccoyed. Please also follow my advice and show appropriate respect to Behemoth. He is a valued member of the community as well.

I hear you, Z.

If you feel someone is doing something that violates the site guidelines, please report the abuse using the "report" button on the inappropriate post.

Again, I expect everyone to respect each other and if that is not happening, it will be addressed.

I will be sure to do that. I've just got to get used to reporting disrespectful members since I never had done that on any other site or forum before. And thank you for changing the topic name, it's appreciated. Although it's meant to be "The Kragg", It doesn't matter to much. :blush:

New story and a build or two will hopefully be up by tonight in case anyone wants to know.