Sign in to follow this  
alexsplanet

Lego Cargo Train

Great review, again. Just brought this for my sons birthday. I can see :laugh: now he will love it. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:wink:

Edited by alexsplanet

Excellent video. It is so well done I think Lego could use it as an official promo for the set.

Good review.

I saw this on static display at my local LEGO store. I don't know - I just can't pull the trigger on it. Although, for a starter set, I would imagine it's perfect for little ones and has some fun playability.

The design just seems so uninspired. :( Sad, because I want to like it. And the price point ($199 USD) is obscene.

I wish the train products would support year-over-year add-ons - for instance, you hook a kid on a set, and then amp up the accessories and for subsequent years. This just ends up being rinse-repeat, same old same old. But then they stick some rare stuff in there (long horn cows, unique blue windscreen) to get adult collectors excited and buy it anyways.

Nice stop motion build. I've pulled the trigger on the set and I am a passenger train type of guy. :classic:

Great video! I have bought and built this set some two weeks ago and I like this cargo train almost as much as the 7939. almost, because being from the Netherlands, we don't have this kind of locomotives around... But when I watched runaway train on one of our commercial channels yesterday night, I appreciated again how much like an american freight locomotive this one looks... It is happily clucking along my lay out!

Nice video, thank you!

I've bought the set myself today as a treat for my birthday :). I have to say I love the US-style locomotive a lot more than I thought I did, and there was a special offer which included a train station, additional tracks and points for nearly the same price as just 60052.

There's two things of note about the loco. The doors are suicide doors. It's a quick mod to change them to normal doors and then the handrails make sense.

More importantly the response to IR commands is really dodgy as the IR receiver is hidden quite well. I crashed into my 7939 almost straight away because i didn't have the proper angle to command 60052. I think this is a very nice candidate for that bluetooth S-brick ;). Or, a nice mod would be to expose the IR receiver a little more.