Mike S

The Meeting in the Desert

The Meeting in the Desert.

“Halt, I come unarmed!” Called the man whose long white hair was curled into ringlets.

“You are unarmed but your men are not. Who are you?” came the course reply of the orc leader.

“My men are armed to give you pause and listen to what I have come to say,” the white haired man explained. “I am in search of remnants of the Hand of Corruption.”

“So you think we are remnants of the Hand of Corruption do you!” The orc leader's voice displayed his rising anger.

The white haired man raised his hand. “Of course not! If I thought you were remnants of the Hand of Corruption, I would not have come to you unarmed.”

“So then what do you wish? For us to serve you? We will serve no human master unlike our brothers who have turned their backs on their noble heritage and joined the Hand of Corruption!”

“Quite on the contrary,” the white haired man stated. “You wander out here in these deserts, preying on any hapless traveler you come across. Is this the noble heritage you speak of? I am here in hopes to open diplomatic relations with your tribe as well as to present your land claims before the Council of Kaliphlin. If you truly wish to return to your noble heritage, this is your chance to do so.”

The orc leader stood silent scratching an imaginary itch on his helmet. It was apparent that the suggestion appealed to him. “I, Brunak the Chosen, will agree to this only on one condition. If the Council of Kaliphlin truly wishes to deal with us in sincerity, then they will gladly welcome me as one of the Council,” was his gruff reply.

9762467645_ca51864b8d_c.jpg

The Meeting in the Desert by Masa of Kaliphlin, on Flickr

And so it was that Cardinal Sophocles requested a hearing before the Council of Kaliphlin concerning the orc land claims and Brunak's request to be added to the Council of Kaliphlin.

The orc land claims are marked here on the map. WHat do you say Ladies and Lords of the Council of Kaliphlin?

9762381101_233da76aa8_c.jpg

Orc Lands Proposition by Masa of Kaliphlin, on Flickr

Edited by Masa of Kaliphlin

ah, your palm trees are just superb! I also like the white and blue color combo, looking very authentic!

Nice Moc Masa (can I call you Masa?)! I really like the irregular base and the palm tree design.Kaliphlin truly is the best Guild, we are fair and just to all. :classic:

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like the palms and irregular base :wink:

ah, your palm trees are just superb! I also like the white and blue color combo, looking very authentic!

Nice Moc Masa (can I call you Masa?)! I really like the irregular base and the palm tree design.Kaliphlin truly is the best Guild, we are fair and just to all. :classic:

I agree with how great the trees are. I also love the irregular base.

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like the palms and irregular base :wink:

Very nice! Love the base and the trees are... :wub:

Thanks guys! Nothing really special about this build as it is just a recombination of several MOC sections to let me introduce a couple more characters to GoH......

@LegoDrake- of course you can call me Masa... the of Kaliphlin is just to advertise my allegiance :grin: Also in a few months, Kaliphlin's greatness will be revealed. :wink:

OOC: I love that blue faction, working on one myself.

IC as Paulos: The problem I see with the stated Orc Lands is that they lay on the escarpment's second passage. I believe we have a small guard settlement there already, but there were plans by the council to build a much larger city there for better protection. If these plans have been abandoned, we will still need someone to watch that road (which I believe may be a toll road at the moment). I suppose if the Orcs were willing to be that guardian it would be OK. Having had Orc friends myself (who died at my side at Queenscross) I am alright with an Orc on the council.

I agree with Paulos. As the new Lord of Ras El Ahken, I have encountered many Orcs and have found them to be fiercely loyal. I would welcome the Orcs to Kaliphlin and a spot on the Council.

-Sal

This story looks with a lot of potential, looking forward for more. =)

Wow Masa! That's awesome, I wouldn't expect less from a member of Nu Breed! And I'll said like everone else: your palmtrees are perfect!

Well done!

Thanks for the comments!

OOC: I love that blue faction, working on one myself.

IC as Paulos: The problem I see with the stated Orc Lands is that they lay on the escarpment's second passage. I believe we have a small guard settlement there already, but there were plans by the council to build a much larger city there for better protection. If these plans have been abandoned, we will still need someone to watch that road (which I believe may be a toll road at the moment). I suppose if the Orcs were willing to be that guardian it would be OK. Having had Orc friends myself (who died at my side at Queenscross) I am alright with an Orc on the council.

I agree with Paulos. As the new Lord of Ras El Ahken, I have encountered many Orcs and have found them to be fiercely loyal. I would welcome the Orcs to Kaliphlin and a spot on the Council.

-Sal

OOC- I should note that Cardinal Sophocles is Bishop Jamon's brother. Also might suggest that if Brunak does get onto the council, his and Masa's vote should count as a half a vote each until either another member takes over the Brunak character or Brunak gets replaced by another member's orc character which could open an interesting opportunity for ambitious new Kaliphlin orc members. Basically since I would have two characters on the council, I would have to divide my vote between them.

IC- Masa, can see potential benefit as well as potential harm from this proposition. The potential benefit is that the orcs would be solid defense of that road saving the Kaliphlin Council the expense of setting up fortified outposts along the road to protect travelers. The potential harm would come should the orcs decide to ally with an opposing force or otherwise prove themselves untrustworthy. Having Brunak on the Council would definitely help us keep good relations with the orcs unless Brunak comes into conflict with the rest of the Council. Masa would like to listen to other Council members thoughts on the matter as well as suggestions in alternative land for the orcs.

Excellent work on the base for this scene, the path looks great and I like the irregular edges :thumbup: The palm trees and figs are well done too :classic:

So the new city falls within Orcish teriitory? We want to hear Da Maximus' view on this.

The PGTC is a great fan of orcs and all other races but we do note the strategic significance of the Orcish claim.

Beautiful trees!

:classic:

That's got to be my single favourite palm technique, I loved it ever since I saw your tutorial.

Nice story too!

That Orc territory is getting awful close to Nocturnus, watch out for enchanted pumpkins!

That's got to be my single favourite palm technique, I loved it ever since I saw your tutorial.

Nice story too!

That Orc territory is getting awful close to Nocturnus, watch out for enchanted pumpkins!

Where's the tutorial at?

So these orcs are claiming The Fallen Angel depression? The Nocturnians from the Kelra Labyrinths might have something to say about that.

So these orcs are claiming The Fallen Angel depression? The Nocturnians from the Kelra Labyrinths might have something to say about that.

Well spotted, I always understood that as part of Nocturnus. I think there's a plan by Kaliphlin to take over the whole of Historica.

It does seem that the orcs are claiming a big chunk of the Fallen Angel. However I highly doubt the Kelra Labyrinths Nocturnians have anything to say about it... :wink:

IC: I agree that having a strong presence in that corner of Kaliphlin might be advantageous, but handing that important passage up onto the Great Escarpment and the fort on top over to them now sounds a bit rash to me without their loyalty being beyond doubt. As representative of Barqa I do not however see it as a big problem if trade along that route would be obstructed, as this would surely increase drade through our tolls! :wink: But other lords to the east might be more sensitive to that?