Brickdoctor

Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka — Introduction and Discussion

9424968870_bd49fe6048_o.png

9422203713_e9819c556a_o.png

3 ABY, the Anoat sector.

9422203659_6180343aaf_o.png

av-vader.png
"You are as inept as you are ignorant, Captain Nemet. Has the death of your predecessor, Captain Needa, taught you nothing? You have failed me for the last time."

The acting captain of the Avenger collapses to the deck of the bridge, as Lord Vader motions for a naval trooper to take the body away.

9422203821_1f8962751a_o.png

av-vader.png
"Which one is this?"

av-navaltrooper.png
"That is the recruit who joined us when we raided the pirate's base. He serves as a chef."

av-vader.png
"Good. Take the Avenger to the Hutt colony of Nar Eurbrikka, near the Iego system. Send a detachment down to the planet to spread word of a reward for the one who finds the Millennium Falcon. You are in command now, Captain Erdbeereis."

av-erdycadet.png
"Thank you, Lord Vader."

av-vader.png
"General Brickdoctor! Prepare your men!"

photo-thumb-11254.png
"Yes my lord. Captain."

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

Rebel rendezvous point, above the galactic plane, near the Hoth system.

9422203867_c22b81e472_o.png

av-monmothma.png
"The Empire is pursuing the Millennium Falcon, which no one has seen since she left Echo Base, and the time to deploy our new recruits has come. All our forces that were stationed on Hoth are moving towards this rendezvous point. We do not have time to turn them around nor can we risk giving away our position by contacting them.

"Commander Stash, Commander Piranha: take a flight of starfighters. Contact the recruits on Nar Eurbrikka as soon as you are well away from the rendezvous point; they can spread out to search for Princess Leia without revealing the fleet's position and doing so with ships that aren't recognized as ours."

av-stash2sixx.png
"My command team is ready to coordinate the search."

av-piranhayellow.png
"And I've got the fighters ready for launch."

av-monmothma.png
"Then may the Force be with you."

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

Welcome!

Welcome to this, the latest community build and contest project for the Star Wars forum! Thanks to your suggestions, we've developed Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka, a building RPG set during the Shadows of the Empire time period, between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. You can join one of two factions, the Empire or the Rebellion, and participate in 'episodes' (challenges) by building to earn in-game XP, tags, and other rewards, both digital and physical. You'll also have a character in-game, and through your building, you can advance your character, unlocking new abilities determining what and how you can build, in order to help your faction win and rake in the prizes.

Getting Started

• Create your character and choose a faction. You'll be starting as a Stormtrooper or TIE Pilot for the Empire or as a Rebel Trooper or Rebel Pilot for the Rebellion. See the Core Rules, "Factions and Ranks", for more details on what your character should look like. Your character should have the same name as you do on EB.
  • Introduce yourself in the Introduction and Discussion topic. A staff member will add your details to the Characters post in the Core Rules and Player Index topic.
  • Optional: Bob De Quatre has written and released a signature generator, which you can find here, and it will allow you to input your character's stats and return the BBCode that you can copy and paste into your EB signature editor.

Where to Post What

• This subforum, Watto's Junkyard, is used for contests. As such, you should only post your entries to Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka episodes here.
  • You are free to build in the Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka game outside of the episodes. Post such builds in the main Star Wars forum.
  • The Core Rules topic contains the rules in this the first post and an index of all the players in the second post.
  • Players should introduce characters in this Introduction and Discussion topic, and staff will add them to the player index. All posts in this Introduction and Discussion topic should be Out of Character.
  • The two faction topics, Alliance's Redemption and Empire's Avenger, are used to discuss and roleplay In Character with your teammates. Announce your free builds in your faction topic.
  • Episodes will be announced in their own topics, and you will be able to use those topics to ask questions about and discuss the specific episode.

Welcome to Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka! The first challenge will be up in about a week, so take this time to read over the details, sign up, and familiarize yourself with your teammates before building and doing battle!

Questions, comments — we've got a team of members ready to help you start playing the game. :classic:

Hi, I think I'd like to join the Imperial forces as a Stormtrooper. My only question would be: exactly what do we build? Do we build as a team on something we agree on related to Star Wars?

-Lego Spy

That's a pretty nice Star Destroyer MOC by the way. :classic:

Edited by Lego Spy

Hi, I think I'd like to join the Imperial forces as a Stormtrooper. My only question would be: exactly what do we build? Do we build as a team on something we agree on related to Star Wars?

Each episode will give you a goal tied to the storyline based on your faction. (Each faction has a different goal.) Then you have to build a depiction of yourself helping to achieve that goal. If you want to coordinate with your team to decide who is going to build what in getting to that goal, then you can do that, but it isn't a requirement. Be sure to look over all the details in the Core Rules topic.

Will you be taking a picture of your own sig-fig Stormtrooper, or shall I add you to the index with a generic avatar?

That's a pretty nice Star Destroyer MOC by the way. :classic:

Thanks. :classic:

Can I use the generic minifig picture and change it to my own later or is it permanent? If it can't be changed I can just use the generic picture. :classic:

-Lego Spy

BTW I will be gone when the first episode is released ( :hmpf_bad: Can I participate in that one afterwards?), but I should be around for the foreseeable future after that. :classic:

Edited by Lego Spy

Yeah, I'm up for this. Can't promise I'll stay active (I've got half a SHIP going on right now, but things like this are a good motivator to step away from 100 studs of bleyness) and I was part of Historica too, until I finished my castley resurgence. (Then I guess my character fell off a cravasse or something, because he was never heard from again...)

But yeah, if you'd have me, I'd like to be Rebel scum. Pilot would be fun, gives me opportunities to do what I do best - SPACE.

EDIT: It's 1am for me right now, so I'll stick a sigfig together tomorrow.

Edited by J4ke

Can I use the generic minifig picture and change it to my own later or is it permanent? If it can't be changed I can just use the generic picture. :classic:

-Lego Spy

BTW I will be gone when the first episode is released ( :hmpf_bad: Can I participate in that one afterwards?), but I should be around for the foreseeable future after that. :classic:

Sure, you can always make changes later. And you can join in to any active episodes as long as the deadline hasn't passed, even if you weren't around when they started.

Yeah, I'm up for this. Can't promise I'll stay active (I've got half a SHIP going on right now, but things like this are a good motivator to step away from 100 studs of bleyness)

Right, Star Wars is a great way to get away from lots of greys and bleys. :sarcasm::tongue: Welcome!

and I was part of Historica too, until I finished my castley resurgence. (Then I guess my character fell off a cravasse or something, because he was never heard from again...)

I think mine did the same thing. :look:

Sure, you can always make changes later. And you can join in to any active episodes as long as the deadline hasn't passed, even if you weren't around when they started.

OK, great. I'll probably be back the next day (around August 8th). I own a Stormtrooper (does anyone not :tongue:) so I'll take a picture when I get a chance. :classic:

-Lego Spy

Note: I just changed my Avatar :classic: at 8:15 PM USA Eastern Time! :laugh:

Edited by Lego Spy

Wow! This looks great! Very well done and I am very excited to see the progress of the builders.

Wow! This looks great! Very well done and I am very excited to see the progress of the builders.

Thanks, PsyKater.

I would like to do this as well and be an Imperial stormtrooper.Can't wait! :sweet:

Added to the index; welcome!

Just to mention, on the characters page my name has a space between "Lego" and "Spy". It's no big deal. :classic:

-Lego Spy

I'll give it a go. Can I be a Rebel Pilot flesh tone?

Sure, welcome to the Rebel Alliance! :classic:

I have given you the generic avatar for now, you can also make your own and it can be updated for you.

I own a Stormtrooper (does anyone not :tongue:)

I want a stormtrooper so badly... :cry_sad:

Anyway I'll join the rebel forces as a B-wing pilot :classic:

Most certanly joining in!

Rebel Trooper it is!

(what version do we have to be? Is it only the Tantie IV version?)

-Rebel Sand Over and Out!

Most certanly joining in!

Rebel Trooper it is!

(what version do we have to be? Is it only the Tantie IV version?)

-Rebel Sand Over and Out!

No, you can be other troopers; you just can't use a minifig assigned to a higher rank than yours. (Commandos and SpecForce, for example, are unlocked at a higher rank, as are technicians, intelligence operatives, etc.)

Maybe my is a stupid question but: If I start as a pilot, my character is limited to be in spaceship and in spacebattles or he can partecipate in groud battles?

Great Star Destroyer's bridge Brickdoctor :thumbup: :thumbup:

Signing up for the Empire as a stormtrooper :classic:

The generic picture is good for now,

do I get this right that; when I raise in rank I get the opportunity to provide a new picture?

Oh and is a scout trooper equivalent to a stormtrooper?

Edited by Sebeus I

Although I'm not to fond of the yellow figures and generally the OT and the older SW sets, I'm joining the fun for I really missed something like this in Star Wars subforum. I was expecting something more like Sith vs Jedi thing but I guess this might be fun as well! I'm also missing a third fraction, which should be smugglers, pirates, traders or even bounty hunters ...

Anyway, I welcome this competition and think the idea is good and has a lot of potential! I'll join the Empire as a stormtrooper and will provide my avatar later.

Glad to be on the same side as the TOR III winner this time :laugh: ... see you all in the lego system :grin:

9415387126_2e929203a8_t.jpg

Reporting for duty as Imperial Stormtrooper CallMePie, General.

...Assuming I can be a Snowtrooper. My Stormtroopers are all the old style and in pretty dingy condition. :blush: If not, I'll use the generic Stormtrooper avatar for now, I guess. But for the record they're the same rank anyway. :grin:

This all looks really cool. Already building and I'm really happy with how it's turning out. Maybe this will finally get me into some real MOCing.

Edited by CallMePie

Just what I need to get me back into Star Wars! Anyway, rebel pilot Legofin reporting for duty! Will provide a sigfig soon.