Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

No Remorse! Falcon Watchtower

indexed.gif

Hi there, my 3rd entry for CCC. A horde of Trolls are swarming the watchtower! The tower guards the falcon's the main route towards the Falcon's kingdom and the Trolls will stop at nothing to capture it. No remorse for the helpless!

The tower itself is actually one of 8 similar designs I am building which will form part of the outer walls of my upcoming castle. Its a large project though, and will be quite a while untill its complete. Plus I must admit im struggling now, as im getting a bit bored of castle but ive still got another 3 entrys to build :cry_sad: At least I can give castle a long break after the contest and focus on Pirates and Town!

Enjoy :classic:

5215675454_189bd4c504_z.jpg

5215629140_0e482886c0_z.jpg

5215029853_07b720d8a0_z.jpg

There are larger pics on my flickr

Now THATS a watchtower! You have outdone yourself again Derfel, everytime you just keep amaze us whit your wonderfull MOC`s, there is so many great details again, the tree for example, im intrested how did you builded that. Unbelivible job over all

Captain Becker

Great work, Derfel Cardarn :thumbup: (again :classic: )

I really like the look of that tower, and it's an interesting technique how you've build that small tree.

And if this tower with seven others will form one castle, that will be really big. :oh3:

the Inventor

Wow, another outstanding creation Derfel! We just can't expect anything less from you, the details in this build are simply astounding. I agree the use of the stacked round 1x1 plates really give the watchtower a textured surface, and you really captured the trolls raiding the tower perfectly. Wonderful masterpiece one again! :thumbup:

Well done on a beautiful watchtower Derfel! I really like the corner detailing on the walls. Is that string on the door? Really liking the tree branches, such a nice addition. I can totally understand that you would be a bit burnt out (or is that bleyed out?) with Castle creations.

Still don't stop now that you are in such a great place at the moment with your technique.

Cheers

ISC.

Whoa! Another that blew me away the moment I saw it! You have an unerring ability to churn out fantastic MOCs on what seems to be at least a weekly basis!

I think it's great that you are focussing more on your buildings in recent MOCs. I think it's a side of your MOCing that has remained fairly unexplored until recently. And it is so good that it deserves to be further explored. :classic:

The thing I like most about the MOC is the ivy winding up the sides of the tower. A really good detail. The little tree is lovely too.

:thumbup:

Edited by Commander Laquiet

The tower is amazing and Black Falcons army ... :blush:

The tree near tower is really cool, how did you build it?

WOW!!! that is so amazing. How many of those 1x1 studs do you have? They make an amazing effect. Good luck in the contest. With your amazing entries you're sure to win a prize.

Outstanding job :thumbup:

I am a huge fan of all of your work. And I find it real inspiration for my work! It is so visually apealing, and none of your mocs ever disapoint! Keep up the great work, ole great one. Good luck in the contest!

:jollyroger:

Yet again excellent! Your imagination has no bounds and your techniques are incredibly creative! That tree is amazing, and the way you've posed the battle might as well have been taken out of a movie frame! :wub:

Keep on building I can't wait to see what you will conceive in the future!

Wonderfoul! :wub:

I can totally understand that you would be a bit burnt out (or is that bleyed out?) with Castle creations.

Still don't stop now that you are in such a great place at the moment with your technique.

That's just what I thought. But indeed, keep on building a few more of those great castle creations!

They are always great to look at. What you could do however, is making some more interior MOC's.

Or maybe a few other aspects of the middle ages (like the plague, a monastery or some poor peasants).

Not that it isn't good enough, but I'd like to see how you would make other scenes of the same theme.

Anyway, keep it up! :thumbup: