Sign in to follow this  
74louloute

Journey to the Center of Earth

indexed.gif

Journey to the center of the Earth :

Professor Lidenbrock, Axel and Hans are on their way to the center of the earth. But the road is not so calm.

"Suddenly, at no great distance from us, an enormous mass rises out of the waters—the head of the great Plesiosaurus. The terrible monster is now wounded unto death. I can see nothing now of his enormous body. All that could be distinguished was his serpent-like neck, which he twisted and curled in all the agonies of death. Now he struck the waters with it as if it had been a gigantic whip, and then again wriggled like a worm cut in two. The water was spurted up to a great distance in all directions. A great portion of it swept over our raft and nearly blinded us. But soon the end of the beast approached nearer and nearer; his movements slackened visibly; his contortions almost ceased; and at last the body of the mighty snake lay an inert, dead mass on the surface of the now calm and placid waters.

As for the Ichthyosaurus, has he gone down to his mighty cavern under the sea to rest, or will he reappear to destroy us" Jules Verne.

4818726107_8bfcdbde64.jpg

4818725347_d1e613c025.jpg

4819347736_78ec9e1384.jpg

More picture here (once moderated) : BS Folder

Made for the L13 Contest Special Edition on LegoPirate

Thanks for watching and/or commenting, it's always a pleasure to read it. :wink:

Well done Louloute :thumbup: The composition of this creation is nicely done. The mini surface world is a nice touch, the Pleiosaur is great and the raft and figure posing is brilliant. I love the rough water but would prefer to see more white curved slopes instead of dark blue to represent foamy water as the great beast thrashes around. I also find the two-tone rocks to be distracting, especially as the top of the rock is only dark bley yet the bottom is a mix.

Best of luck on a great entry.

AWESOME design there '74louloute' except you posted it in the wrong area.....sci-fi theme not historic theme.

But besides that oversight, AWESOME sea monster, great raft and custom figures too !

What a creation ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! '74louloute' really I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Are those tires used for the neck of the beast? If so, that's very, very clever. I like the micro scale city at the top to indicate that the explorers are at the center of the earth but I'm not too bid on the peach faces. In all, however, this is very nice work.

Great MOC louloute! I love the splashing water effect, very cleverly done, as well as the tilting action of the raft. The Pleiosaur is also well-built. Great job! default_thumbup.gif

Bravo. I love the water effects and the raft. Well done. :classic:

Edited by Daniel's Dad

Fantastic water design there, one of the best I've seen! The raft looks incredibly effective on it and I can even imagine it rocking the way it looks. The creature is just perfect too, the tires work excellently and the face, snout etc are well crafted. Not too sure on the rock/cave section, I think the way it inverts itself could be done a little better, it looks a little last minute to me, espeically with the single colour top.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Great job, as usual, louloute! :thumbup: I allways enjoy the accurated look of your vigs but I must say this one is really really nice! :cry_happy:

One of my favorite books...now in LEGO!

Excellent, the monster, the raft, the explorers, the water...really nice!

sci-fi theme not historic theme.

Or action theme? Isn't scifi more the space-topic? :tongue:

Great creation you have there. I especially like the raft and the small floating town in the sky. :thumbup: Always nice to see some perspective in moc's. This gives you the impression the creation reaces further than its baseplate. :sweet:

Edited by castlestrike666

Haha well, it's kind of a blend of historic and Sci-fi.. "Journey to the Center of the Earth" is definitely a sort of historical science fiction, and the author, Verne, is certainly a historical figure. So I think it fits here ok, and certainly in Sci-fi.

Anyway, back on topic: Bro, this MOC is fantastic! Like the others, I like the water, the raft, and particularly the work on the minifigs - they take me back to the 1959 movie (WAY better than the 2008 version, btw).

However, your masterpiece is the mini-scale world up top - using the forestmen hats as trees is brilliant, and the houses are genius too. :thumbup::thumbup: