KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

Well, the "cloney version" is actually not all that different from the EP.II one, so if it's system, it'll be pretty much a redo, but a UCS version would be great!

3obi.jpg

Well, the "cloney version" is actually not all that different from the EP.II one, so if it's system, it'll be pretty much a redo, but a UCS version would be great!

*snip*

tRUE- but there are subdle differences.

I know I've said this before, but I HIGHLY doubt they would do that. I think at the most they would be giveaways (like the Toy Fair), but I can't imagine TLC actually selling them.

I'm not a Cube Dude fan either, but it seems highly probable to me that they would sell these there as an exclusive. They generally come up with something unique to sell at Comic-Con and these seem like they would work. Last year they had the 3-minifigure displays and these Cube Dudes wouldn't really be much different than that idea. I imagine it working just the same as it did last year - 100 available each day of a different character. To get to buy one, you have to draw a winning ticket. Get a marked ticket, you "win" the opportunity of buying one of these. Last year, the sets were $50 each. I would guess these would go for the same. The cost of producing these is next to nothing since they don't really use many, if any, unique elements. The most expensive part is paying Angus to design them. If they had 500 Cube Dudes to sell (100 each of 5 characters), they make an easy $25,000. I would think that alone more than covers the cost of designing and producing them as well as their cost for their booth during Comic-Con.

I just noticed that over on FBTB someone posted a link to a scan from ToyFare magazine about the Cube Dudes:

SDCC Cube Dudes

From the write-up on this page, it sounds like they'll be doing the same process I described above, although it doesn't mention the price or any other details.

I'm guessing it will be UCS if they are making this big a fuss at a convention...

Yeah me too, especially since we've already gotten several JSF's.

UCS all the way :grin:

Would they really do a UCS for the Clone Wars ? :look:

They have already released their UCS for this year, Lego don't release more than one a year do they ?

I feel it will be CW, not PT......we shall see soon won't we ? :grin:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

That's some big news! UCS or not, I hope it comes with the Hyperdrive ring.

tRUE- but there are subdle differences.

The only noticeable difference is the Astro-droid placement. I can turn my '02 JSF into a CW JSF with no extra parts simply by moving the Astro-droid's head to the middle in front of the windshield. (or at least, I could if I still had it assembled :tongue: ) I'm not going to be too excited if it's a System-scale set. I hope it's UCS, I doubt it will be. The only prequel UCS set was the Naboo Starfighter, so we could use some more prequel UCS, but I really think that LEGO's given up on trying to market CW to AFOLs. The key for me is the C in UCS. It's supposed to be a collector's set. For me, anything OT is old enough to be considered a collectible on the toy market, PT stuff has to be an exceptional or special craft (the N-1 was chromed). I really think serious collectors want to see older classics, like the Millenium Falcon and the T-47.

That's some big news! UCS or not, I hope it comes with the Hyperdrive ring.

YES.

I just noticed that over on FBTB someone posted a link to a scan from ToyFare magazine about the Cube Dudes:

SDCC Cube Dudes

From the write-up on this page, it sounds like they'll be doing the same process I described above, although it doesn't mention the price or any other details.

Looking good! :thumbup:

Image embedded for your viewing pleasure:

4800221960_3bdd0fa49d.jpg

Large Image

Unfortunately, the article in the picture does mention a raffle. :hmpf_bad:

Whoever it is that originally published that article also listed Captain Rex as Jango Fett. :laugh: I wish it were Jango Fett, but it's definitely a typo.

Image embedded for your viewing pleasure:

4800221960_3bdd0fa49d.jpg

That Rex caption is hilarious. Obi looks... freaky.

Interesting, I think since Lego have kept this a secret for a while then Im guessing it probably is USC. Im not sure what to think if it is USC because It will probably be quite bare imo. I wonder if they would do it in the minifig USC they have been doing or true old school USC? Because in the minifig USC then Im guessing it would just be a more detail version of the ones we have been getting lately though then whats the point of doing it? If its true USC then it would be pretty cool cause they would have to make a bigger astromech droid which would be interesting. I wont mind if they do it system scaled because then it will fit in with the others and if a hyper drive ring is added then thats just a bonus :thumbup:

Interesting, I think since Lego have kept this a secret for a while then Im guessing it probably is USC. Im not sure what to think if it is USC because It will probably be quite bare imo. I wonder if they would do it in the minifig USC they have been doing or true old school USC? Because in the minifig USC then Im guessing it would just be a more detail version of the ones we have been getting lately though then whats the point of doing it? If its true USC then it would be pretty cool cause they would have to make a bigger astromech droid which would be interesting. I wont mind if they do it system scaled because then it will fit in with the others and if a hyper drive ring is added then thats just a bonus :thumbup:

If it was UCS, I'd guess 'No 'Fig', because the System-scale Aethersprite is already larger than Minifig-scale. It's not like the Lambda Shuttle or Falcon where making it Minifig-scale would be enough of an upgrade to be UCS. I'm also curious to see what they'll do for the Astro-droid, but it's also one of the reasons I doubt it'll be UCS.

Notice the article says Jango fett rather then Rex........and is'nt this the SW magazine :hmpf::laugh:

Notice the article says Jango fett rather then Rex........and is'nt this the SW magazine :hmpf::laugh:

Said that already. It's obviously not an official magazine or catalog; the article says "BY:LEGO", indicating it was not written by TLG, and an official SW magazine wouldn't ever, ever make that obvious a mistake.

Edited by Brickdoctor

They have already released their UCS for this year, Lego don't release more than one a year do they ?

I doubt it will be UCS, and if it is it wouldnt be CW, its more likely just a redo with CW Obi and a droid, besides there is a UCS shuttle, so why have 2 UCS in one year.

I doubt it will be UCS, and if it is it wouldnt be CW, its more likely just a redo with CW Obi and a droid, besides there is a UCS shuttle, so why have 2 UCS in one year.

But we had 2 UCS sets last year. The AT-OT/Dropship and Tantive IV.

I think that this is either an UCS set or a set for 2011, because we have plenty of sets for the rest of the year. I mean, we know of the TRU, Target, and Walmart exclusives, and I don't think that they would announce another main stream set this late in the year. I wouldn't doubt if it's an early look at 2011, because they showed the POP and Toy Story figures last year, so why not a whole set?

It's also possible that it is a highly detailed scale version of the Starfighter and Hyperdrive ring. With the recent UCS sets with figures, I think this is also an option. Lego could easily do a nice ship (Likely the AotC version)and large, detailed ring for $100 USD... :thumbup:

Because if they show one set, they would show the rest too. After all, they had all the Toy Story sets and all the POP figs, not just some of them. And the Tantive isn't really a UCS set, more like an exclusive. Also keep in mind that this would probably be a relatively small UCS set, kinda like the Naboo fighter, so there would be no harm in releasing it together with the shuttle.

According to FBTB, Lego will be unveiling a new Obi-Wan Starfighter. *oh2*

[...]

I'm guessing it will be UCS if they are making this big a fuss at a convention...

Thank you very much for this information, darthperson! :classic:

So there won't be an exclusive non-UCS OT set in this year's fall? Since it's the 30th anniversary of ESB (and since we got that many Hoth sets this year) I hoped that much for a new Hoth Base. :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

hmmm a UCS Jedi star fighter i've seen one before....

lego released the ATST and Tie X1 in the same year so it is very possible we can only wait and see.

Edited by cavegod

I don't see the set being UCS either, but I'm looking forward to it regardless.

I'm sure some people are getting rather sick of these starfighers, but I love the design and I think they look great together.

Hopefully we'll see a Mace Windu or Aayla Secura one at some point as well.

I don't recall ever seeing Mace Windu or Aayla Secura flying a starfighter ?

Never in AOTC or ROTS, CW is a`huge question mark because we are not even half way though the series yet.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

But we had 2 UCS sets last year. The AT-OT/Dropship and Tantive IV.

They are exclusives not UCS.

Never in AOTC or ROTS, CW is a`huge question mark because we are not even half way though the series yet.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Comics and old CW series.

Said that already. It's obviously not an official magazine or catalog; the article says "BY:LEGO", indicating it was not written by TLG, and an official SW magazine wouldn't ever, ever make that obvious a mistake.

Update: FBTB says it's from a Toyrfare magazine.

I'm a conformist! ! default_satisfied.gif

But they do have them together in fighters in several other spots, such as the Clone Wars game, the original game, comics, books...