Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

The early figs we saw of Toy Story figs had the marks on the inside arms, as do the final figs, so how they appear at Toy Fair is more than likely what we will get.

I don't see anything wrong with discussing quality concerns. I mean, someone has to since LEGO pretty clearly doesn't care much themselves (despite what the annual reports say). I've had dodgy figs where the printing is substandard, the colour of printing doesn't match, the plastic is translucent, and the figs have ugly square marks on the inside of the arm and I really don't want to see more of the same thing.

I've been waiting 3 years since they first started messing up colour for someone to fix it, and it hasn't happened yet, so I'm a little sceptical of any official claims made by LEGO. If they can't get basic yellow or reddish-brown right after all this time, I don't have any confidence that someone is going to wave a magic wand over the crappy factory and instantly fix it.

I can understand the economics involved of this type of production, but I don't have to like it or subsidise it. It's not nostalgia for the 'old days' or AFOL auto-whining to question why certain products are not the same quality as they were a few years ago.

Personally I think LEGO should tread especially carefully when it comes to figs, since in the wider public consciousness they define LEGO. If they damage their reputation here, it could be difficult to fix down the line. At some point everyday consumers are going to think of LEGO and think not of the wonderful joy of bricks, but of largely empty cardboard boxes, horribly crushed sticker sheets, wildly varied brick colours, and tacky looking figs.

Well said.

Honestly, LEGO's assurances mean very little to me if the product quality continues to slip as it seems to have in the past few years. Inconsistant colours, bricks with limited grip and seemingly cheaper plastics are not reassuring. This is a very slippery slope. LEGO historically has been synonomous with quality. It's one of the primary reasons I've never truly seen the clone brands as being legitimate competition to LEGO. It's also why many people are willing to pay such a premium for LEGO when compared to their competitors. LEGO may claim that the new figs are of a higher quality, however these UK images do give me some cause for concern. The mark under the arms are not a positive sign.

If our worries are proven to be true, I certainly won't be collecting this line in any quantity. A collectable should be of the highest quality, not a sub-standard product that doesn't match LEGO's previous offerings. The collectable aspect of these figs may scare away casual purchasers, and the quality issue could also hurt sales with adult collectors who continue to hold LEGO to a higher standard. As it stands, I may simply buy a few of my favourites from Bricklink and skip the rest of the line. In my mind, this is a very dangerous path LEGO is taking.

If these turn out to be cheap quality i aint buying any. :thumbdown:

If they are good, i mean 'normal' quality i will collect all of them :thumbup:

Where are you see marks on arms? I don't see anything wrong with this figures....

I too didn't notice them at first, because I was under the impression that they were on the forearm. They are however close to the turning point of the arm, so you only see them vaguely with figs that have their arms up (like the clown and the crash test dummy). Have to say, I'm starting to get worried too... like others: if they're 'cheap' it will certainly influence my extent of enthusiasm about these. (I better keep 'SCCP' in my signature for a while longer... :hmpf_bad: )

Even if these figs do have the Mark, it's possible that they're still good quality. For all we know, the Mark could be a new thing being done with figs and that the first time it was seen was just a colossal screwup (That's the polite term, right?). Or I could just be being overly-optimistic about things.

My problem with this is that these figs are being sold with almost same price as impulse sets and those come with actual bricks... It would be very lame if besides of the high cost, the plastic was low quality... Specially because by the time LEGO sets come to my country things raise in price too much already , so I would likely be paying 5 USD for each :/

When is the American toy fair? :sceptic:

New York, 14-17 February

I'm not too worried even if these turn out to be Chinese figs... the differences in the Sharkman keychain I have and the actual minifigure are negligible at best. In fact, out of all the Chinese minifigs/keychains I have, the only one that has given me any trouble is my little green Toy Story alien, whose head is loose.

Accordining to this guy who was at the toyfair said the next wave of minifigures included a baywatch like minifigure and a vampire.

Link

Accordining to this guy who was at the toyfair said the next wave of minifigures included a baywatch like minifigure and a vampire.

Link

Hopefully it will be a female style baywatch figure and not a male one. I would REALLY like an official LEGO bikini :wub: . I hope wave 2 will be shown at the New York Toy Fair. I cannot wait to see what else lego comes out with. :thumbup:

Hmm, THat baywatch figure sounds like it will be a lifeguard. I can picture a female in a one piece red bathing suit and a life ring for the accessory.

I can't wait for a pic of series 2!... although I'm having a hard time waiting for series one to come out! :wacko: I want em' now!

A vampire and a life guard sound really cool. A casual swimmer would be pretty cool to accompany the life guard.

Well, Huw from Brickset said there was a vampire too, so I guess this is true. Sounds like the Vampire is a rather memorable fig, I'm curious to see it, even though I doubt I'll have a use for it.

The lifeguard fig sound good. I bet it will have one of these as a new mold. :thumbup:

The Baywatch minifigure is indeed a female :classic:

I can also confirm the vampire plus

- judo fighter (with a great detail: a mini-trophy that looks like a mini-figure)

- Mexican with Sombrero

- 70s like guy with black curly hair

- witch

- Pharao

- Roman :thumbup:

- surfer

- guy with skis

. female singer

- weightlifter

- thief

- ringmaster

Sorry, I forgot the rest. :blush:

I saw them in person today and they are gorgeous. As has been mentioned before, one assortment contains 60 figures. Each assortment is planned to contain all 16 figures, but there may be 10 of a certain figure and only 3 of another.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere...

Cheers

Frank

Now where do I post the news about the advent calendar?

- judo fighter (with a great detail: a mini-trophy that looks like a mini-figure)

- Mexican with Sombrero

- witch

- Pharao

- surfer

- guy with skis

. female singer

- weightlifter

- thief

- ringmaster

This sounds like a great selection, thanks for the details! Do you have any details about the quality of the plastic, do they look like normal minifigs or keychain Chinese quality?

- Baywatch female :thumbup:

- Vampire

- judo fighter (with a great detail: a mini-trophy that looks like a mini-figure) :thumbup:

- Mexican with Sombrero :thumbup:

- 70s like guy with black curly hair :thumbup:

- witch

- Pharao

- surfer :thumbup:

- guy with skis

. female singer

- weightlifter :thumbup:

- thief

- ringmaster :classic:

They're the ones I'm interested in from those

- Mexican with Sombrero

- witch

- Pharao

- surfer

- guy with skis

. female singer

- weightlifter

- thief

- ringmaster

Sorry, I forgot the rest. :blush:

I saw them in person today and they are gorgeous. As has been mentioned before, one assortment contains 60 figures. Each assortment is planned to contain all 16 figures, but there may be 10 of a certain figure and only 3 of another.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere...

Cheers

Frank

Now where do I post the news about the advent calendar?

I wonder how many AFOLs out there are givin a serious consideration into buying the whole box. It is a safer bet than buying bags sporadically or buying from bl if you want many of the rare figs.