Sign in to follow this  
Etzel

Ye Olde Soldiers Fort

indexed.gif

Here is my try of turning the pirate set 6242 Soldiers Fort into the medieval times. Knights instead of soldiers and orcs instead of pirates. It was a fun build and I'm happy with the result. :classic:

ye_olde_soldiers_fort_001.jpg

ye_olde_soldiers_fort_005.jpg

I'm most pleased with this tower as it turned out very well IMO. There is an interior also which you can see in a picture further down.

ye_olde_soldiers_fort_006.jpg

ye_olde_soldiers_fort_007.jpg

ye_olde_soldiers_fort_008.jpg

ye_olde_soldiers_fort_009.jpg

ye_olde_soldiers_fort_010.jpg

Thank you for watching and I hope you liked it! :sweet:

/Etzel

That's really great! I espescially like the way you converted the tree and the little sheltered area with the fish. Nice Work!!!

Edited by juergs

Very nicely done! I actually like this better than the official set! (maybe that has something to do with the fact that I prefer castle over pirates :blush: ) The tower is especially well done. The interior, while small, looks good also. :thumbup:

Nice jog you did here. :thumbup:

This really is a boost for a more crossovers.

Who's next?

Wow! This is so cool! I never thought of doing something like this. But had they packaged this, I would have certainly bought it. Great job!

That's an absolutely amazing MOC, Etzel! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

It was quite a good idea to change the Pirates' harbor in a medieval harbor!

Apart from the :sick: orc it looks very well designed with the nice tree, the tower (with interior! :thumbup: ) and the lovely little bar.

Very, very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

This does look good. You should post a photo of it in the pirate forum to show them the diferance but I would ask permission first :wink:

I saw this on BS I think it looks really good. :classic::thumbup:

I love how you redid alot of it to make it look more "Castley" :classic:

What a fun idea, and a great execution, I must say! :wink:

The details are magnificent, and I'd buy this over the original Soldiers' Fort any day.

The only minor gripe I have is the king, who seems a bit out of place standing there in the docks. Maybe a nobleman of a lesser rank would've fitted this place better?

Did you combine this with the medevil village? I like the railing on the tower and everything else. I also like changing a sets theme, like power miners.

Nice job! It totally looks like the original fort but with the theme and feel of the fantasy era. I love it!

Wow, thank you everyone for your nice comments! I never expected this much feedback :sweet:

Maybe there will be more cross-overs to come.

The only minor gripe I have is the king, who seems a bit out of place standing there in the docks. Maybe a nobleman of a lesser rank would've fitted this place better?

That is a good idea, I wish I had thought of that. The MOC is now unfortunately in pieces (I never keep my MOCs very long).

Did you combine this with the medevil village? I like the railing on the tower and everything else. I also like changing a sets theme, like power miners.

No I didn't, although it would probably looked really nice. The problem is that my MMV is in pieces too, and some of them were used in the MOC.

Thanks again for all the feedback! Much appreciated! :grin: