CopMike

What New Themes or Sets would you like TLG to make?

Some more ideas for new themes (which were - in difference to Romans which I really would like, too - not mentioned):

Egyptians (e. g. a big pyramid, ) (not in the grave robbers' style of 1999 (?) - which was nevertheless a great theme - but a historic theme like the excellent one Playmobil released)

Greeks (e. g. a battle of Troja set)

Stone Age (e. g. caves with prehistoric men, mammoths, ...)

a new on the Classic Castle oriented Castle theme (nearly) without all that fantasy stuff

Deffinately, I want something similar to that except I want mythology with the Greeks :wub: Imagine all the possibilities! Also with the stone age that is a bit something which I said before except I wanted the Doni Dublo line to be actual lego! :cry_happy:

As for the Star Wars theme:

OT Battle Packs which include at least one captain/officer/sergeant/lieutenant/commander/... (the importance and the majority of votes (more than 70% for at least one captain/...) for that was discussed here))

Home One, but as whole ship (similar to the brilliant minifig scaled ISD)

Obi Wan's Home & Tusken Raiders with Bantha

Yavin Four Rebel Base

redesigns of older sets (like e. g. Cloud City, Mos Eisley Cantina, ...) with more scenery and more new minifig characters

Definately anither Cheaper C.C. Hopefully sold like Jabba's Palace :cry_happy:

As for the Castle theme:

add-ons like proposed here for the brilliant 10193 Medieval Market Village

hut for the dwarves

True that would be nice! But I still want my Dragon Worriors :angry::tongue:

As for the City theme:

add-ons for the new great Farm theme:

- tractor with that and manure-barrel

- old farm house with little garden

- Farm BP: farmer with pitchfork and some typical farm animals (cows, pigs, ...)...

zoo

market garden

Legoland Park with dragon roller coaster and Miniland

fair with big wheel

the Legoland president's limousine with the president of Lego City, a chauffeur and some bodyguards

riot police

special police forces

park

big public swimming pool (open air and/or inside)

stadium

big town hall

churchs (of all religions)

school, university

housing area

industrial area

central business district

mall

Lego Store

forest theme (e. g. forester's house, high seat, jeep, poachers with motor boat and helicopter, deer, ...)

Farmer BP ey? :tongue: what is he battling? :wink: Dont worry I know what you mean..

Those ideas sound on the money :thumbup: I would add mayby an R.V. :look: too...and a theater! Like one bigger than the Twn plan one! :cry_happy::wub:

Thanks for reading! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

Your welcome :sweet:

I think a cruise ship would be nice. Not one huge set, but lots of little modular ones. So you could buy the bridge, buy the loung, buy the lifeboats, the pool deck, the theatre etc. Probably not profitable, but what do you guys reckon?
Have a System circus and zoo theme.
I would add mayby an R.V. :look: too...and a theater! Like one bigger than the Twn plan one! :cry_happy::wub:

I totally agree with you all, Captain Zuloo, LEGO Maniac JEM and hollisbrick!

A zoo and a circus would be great new themes! And a theatre and a cruise ship would be awesome sets! :thumbup:

Here some few additions what I'd like to see as new sets for the City theme:

one or two old red clinker warehouses like them in the Speicherstadt (Old Warehouse District) in Hamburg

a Van Carrier

old factory/depot buildings

Lego factory

toy fair/general exhibiton

office buildings

museum

big town hall

parliamtent of Lego City

the president of Lego City's residence

bank/museum robbery action set (bank/museum, getaway car, police car, police men, robbers, high technology equipment for the robbers, ...)

Thanks for reading! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Hey you guys, it is my first reply on eurobricks. When it comes to new themes, I do have a lot on my list. From a marketing perspective, developing new themes would help increase market share by attracting newer collectors and boost sales but retaining existing customers is equally important if not more. You can imagine how desperate a fan could be waiting for the next set of the theme to be released :wacko: . For a lego fan like myself, I surely want to have all the collections of the sets released from different themes (I can see cash flowing outta my pocket :wacko: ). But to be financially realistic, I would strongly suggest TLG enriched its current existing product lines.

To be more specific, the product line to be elaborated in my case is the castle theme -- the recent fantasy collections with the knights/dwarves/undead/green skins(trolls or orcs whatever you call them :tongue: ) together with the Vikings and some of the Pirate sets because they are mutually compatible to be put in the same scenario in my opinion. Here are a couple of things off the top of my mind

1.Addition of new race(s): Elves should definitely be included in the theme and to balance out the goodies and baddies, maybe an extra race of the devils/demons? But six races is a perfect amount.

2.Variety of minifigs/creatures: I believe there are a lot of army building lovers out there and I have seen whole bunch of pictures showcasing the gigantic number of army. I respect that. Nevertheless, I’d rather have a smaller amount of army because for me, more than 20 minifigures will make any castles around USD100 overpopulated. You would probably need more cavalries in a field battle or more war machines in a siege but a stack of hundreds or even thousands is definitely too big in size. So various types of minifigures would be appreciated as it offers more possibilities of tactics in combats and keeps the strength of the army while not increasing the number of minifigures (you would need several knights with archers/cavalries or probably some ballista/catapult to take down a fire-breathing dragon). A lot of efforts have made recently towards that direction like ogre for orcs, dragon for skellies, or even some wagons or machines available. The existence of these adds to the playability of the castle theme. But as a castle fan, there is always something more to ask. Tons of other mythical creatures and combat units can be introduced into the theme, e.g. Ents, giants, orcs mounted on wolves and maybe some more types of dwarf fighters like the ones with rifles in WWIII because they are hell of craftsmen that can make weapons ahead of time etc etc etc.? (I definitely done played too much game.) Especially with the dwarf race, it is by far the weakest one out of the four in terms of number of army available on the market. Gosh, have some mercy and don’t let the green skins slaughter those cute hardworking short guys!

3.Possible combination of different sets: It is always cool to make up our own lego world and thus we need a lot of sets that actually go with each others. As a fan of castles, I would want TLG to release a lot more on castles but that’s probably too much to ask and unfair to fans of other themes. But there is always something else I could buy to go with the imaginary lego world. Like 7019 from Vikings could be a perfect fortress for dwarves or even orcs. And some of the earlier Pirates/Forestman sets could fit in perfectly too. And for 7036, a mountain with a mine cave at the bottom and a fortress on top would go with it and enlarge the scale of dwarf clan.

4.More sets of civilian’s buildings: Castles are supposed to protect civilians and their homelands, but unfortunately, castles don’t have many of those to protect so far. But the new set to be released in 2009 (Medieval town?) with the cows and taverns is a nice try! Keep on going!

It is probably the longest writing for me in years and hope reading it doesn't bring fatigue to any of you guys. By the way, I am a lego fan from China and I have a lot of complaints about the teeny little range of available sets here and the freakishly high prices for those. Only god knows how hard it is to get some sets I want here in China! And oh, one more thing for lego, please put a baseplate in every set cuz now I have to spend more on that on top of the double price I paid for a set in China!

Cheers

It is probably the longest writing for me in years and hope reading it doesn't bring fatigue to any of you guys. By the way, I am a lego fan from China and I have a lot of complaints about the teeny little range of available sets here and the freakishly high prices for those. Only god knows how hard it is to get some sets I want here in China! And oh, one more thing for lego, please put a baseplate in every set cuz now I have to spend more on that on top of the double price I paid for a set in China!

Cheers

Hi there, I kinda agree with you there. I always feel annoyed when lego ditches some sub themes in favor of another sub theme. Why not build on your base. Surely they could have done something to tie the Agents series in a little more with City than the boring rehash of Rock Raiders with the new Power Miners Theme.

By the way..how do you get on over there in China with all of the pirated/fake lego around? Is it really obvious?

I'd love to see a cruise ship, but personally it would be better in the City line as a large set at about $120 with 12 figs, a boiler room, a few bedrooms, and a dining hall. Knowing lego the hull will be one piece though. :hmpf_bad:

Sadly, that's very true. Although not realistic, I would like to see a minifig scale cruise ship. Like a proper 2m long. Not that that would be practicle from any perspective, but it would be really cool. Perhaps LEGO's version of a cruise ship could be like those river cruise boats with rooms and diners without the whole pool, theatre, salon etc.

Hi there, I kinda agree with you there. I always feel annoyed when lego ditches some sub themes in favor of another sub theme. Why not build on your base. Surely they could have done something to tie the Agents series in a little more with City than the boring rehash of Rock Raiders with the new Power Miners Theme.

By the way..how do you get on over there in China with all of the pirated/fake lego around? Is it really obvious?

I personally haven't seen any pirated/fake lego in China :tongue: fortunately even though there are tons of other pirated things here. But those are mainly fabrics. There are licensed distributors here I guess (don't know what the real deal is) and retailers like "toys r us" (forgot the name cuz i never bought anything with 2-fold prices).

Edited by allencao3

I'd like to see a story arc that can cross multiple themes:

Age of Discovery. Based on (but not specific to) the Eurpean exploration of North America.

Castle - Renaissance era weaponry, torso, accessories and buildings

Pirates - Ships to go exploring

Indians - New England area type Native Americans

Here are my ideas:

City

Arctic subtheme: A remake of the Arctic theme in the style of the actual City sets. Could include a new ice bear design, the brickbuild penguins from the Batman theme and interresting new vehicles.

Other City sets: An oil truck, a tug boat,a bank and a new pizzeria.

Star Wars

Specific vehicles and space ships: A tri-droid, an ermegency firespeeder(as seen in Ep.III), a new version of the swamp speeder from the 7260 wookie catamaran as a standalone set and an UT-AT.

Battle packs: Imperial navy battle pack(includes 1 imp. officer, 1 death star gunner and 2 navy troopers) and an ARC trooper battle pack(includes 1 red ARC, 2 blue ARCs and 1 ARC heavy gunner).

Edited by Stealth Hunter

Indians - New England area type Native Americans

I totally agree with you, UsernameMDM! :thumbup:

Please bring back the awesome Western theme, TLG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other City sets: An oil truck, a tug boat,a bank and a new pizzeria.

[...]

Battle packs: Imperial navy battle pack(includes 1 imp. officer, 1 death star gunner and 2 navy troopers)

Great ideas, Stealth Hunter! :thumbup:

For the City theme I want to add:

railway control center (with the possibility that one-two trains can drive through it downstairs, the actual center is then upstairs)

toy shop

juweler

(fast food) restaurant

Thanks. :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

Lego should bring back the wild west theme and bring back fort legoredo and the Indian Village. I missed it the first time it came out. :pir_bawling:

Lego should bring back the wild west theme and bring back fort legoredo and the Indian Village. I missed it the first time it came out. :pir_bawling:

I totally agree with you, BRICKLANTA!

But please not again some re-releases but new sets!

For the Indians I have a special wish/idea:

What about including two tribes in a possible new Western theme?!

Reasons:

1. This would make the sets for AFOLs more realistic and for JFOLs more attractive to play with.

2. This would avoid all the ethical problems which would appear if there would be only one Indian tribe - and this one released together with some soldiers sets.

Some additional ideas for the City theme (I think mall/shopping center was alreads mentioned):

Federal Criminal Police Office

securing of evidence team with site of crime

civilian police officers with civilian police car

forensic investigation

computer shop

power plant service car

Thanks. :pir-sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I agree with both of you. Western was a great theme and I wanted all the sets, but never got one. But I hope TLC make a better theme-re-release than the 2009 Pirates theme, if they release a new Western theme. That looks like the 4+ line and is IMO too much <insert that tiresome argument>.

Hmmm. What about a railway station with add-on sets of modular platforms so you can make your station as big as you want?

That would be a great idea, Captain Zuloo! :thumbup:

I have got two new ideas, too:

For the City theme:

TV tower with little bottom house (ticket and souvenirs shop), elevator and little turnable restaurant on top (the elevator and/or the turnable restaurant may be functioning by PF)

For the Castle theme:

fount with knight and his wife, some deer (perhaps even some forest men or robber-knights)

Thanks. :pir-sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

I may have said this before but I couldn't see it at the start so here goes:

Take part in the petiton/poll here

I would like to put forward Mark 2 of the long overdue return of the model team line.

My reason? Well if you have a look at what lego could do in this theme here and here then I and I am sure most of the community would invest in model team. Especially with the advent of Power functions.

To back me up on this I will start a petition and report back with the results.

Thank you for your time.

Buttons.

Edited by Buttons

I would love a well designed transformable robot theme set in scale with other City sets. I'd also like to see smaller ball/socket and ratcheting joints to allow a wide range of motion/articulation in a small model, i.e. a 6 stud wide car.

If Tobey MacGuire gets his Robotech movie made and released, I'd be happy to see LEGO pick up the license and produce a transforming Veritech(transforming jet fighter). I would very much, along with alot of other Macross fans, love to see a VF-1 "Valkyrie" realized in an official LEGO set, esp in a highly detailed perfect transformation UCS set. Perchance to dream....

I would like a Halo Wars Theme.

Halo Wars

Human battle pack - Three marines and a sergent with a turrent.

Coventent Battle pack- Three grunts and a Blue Elite with a spade turrent

Warthog aganist a ghost- A Spartan, two marines, and a red Elite

Scropion tank- A sergent and two marines

Pelican and a banshee- Master chief, four marnies, a grunt with fuel rod canon, and White Elite

Paulie

Edited by Paulie

I would love a well designed transformable robot theme set in scale with other City sets. I'd also like to see smaller ball/socket and ratcheting joints to allow a wide range of motion/articulation in a small model, i.e. a 6 stud wide car.

If Tobey MacGuire gets his Robotech movie made and released, I'd be happy to see LEGO pick up the license and produce a transforming Veritech(transforming jet fighter). I would very much, along with alot of other Macross fans, love to see a VF-1 "Valkyrie" realized in an official LEGO set, esp in a highly detailed perfect transformation UCS set. Perchance to dream....

I'd love to see transforming sets, not a lisence, just transforming mini-fig scale vehicles. Well anything transforming would be lovely.

I totally agree with you, BRICKLANTA!

But please not again some re-releases but new sets!

For the Indians I have a special wish/idea:

What about including two tribes in a possible new Western theme?!

Reasons:

1. This would make the sets for AFOLs more realistic and for JFOLs more attractive to play with.

2. This would avoid all the ethical problems which would appear if there would be only one Indian tribe - and this one released together with some soldiers sets.

Good ideas. Two tribes would be great, like bringing the Apache tribe into the mix. They could also do more civilian oriented things for Western now. For example, now that there are cows they could do a pioneer wagon pulled by cattle. They could also do a ranch. Seeing a Lewis and Clark expedition set would be nice. Plus, now that Lego has the color Dark Blue, Cavalry figures would be perfect in this color.

sorry if someone ever posted this request.

i wish LEGO make zoo, circus, in purpose to make more animal figures in LEGO size like giraffe, lion, lioness, tiger, zebra, seal, goat, hippo, bear, etc.

Anyone else that would like to see impulse sets with a more random content. Kind of like with theese Collectable cards that the kids likes.

More passenger-train products like the three-set Super Chief, and maybe a book in a given theme's final year about "these are the sets we designed but didn't release, how to build them, and this is an item-number for a parts-set for it packed-to-order from Pick-a-Brick"...

A companion book for each theme with designer's notes on each set and how-tos on related things from the website and publicity-photos (examples: the buildings in the Mars Mission game and shown in various '80s-'90s catalogs' "scene" pics for each theme) would be really cool, too.