Sign in to follow this  
Kodan Black

[Challenge 1] Arium Major's Majesty [O - F10]

Tags: Science, Octan, Civil

// PERSONAL DIARY //

After my rousing success on Dr. Long's mission I returned to her office on the ship and was greeted by her usual stern manner.

Dr Long: "Good work, you didn't even get killed once."

Me: "Thanks, yeah it was a gre..."

Dr. Long: "So I've got another mission to send you on."

Me: "Right. Ok. I..."

Dr. Long: "You leave immediately. We need to analyze water samples and I need you to grab an A12 drone and modify it for our needs. Sub-surface stuff, nothing too deep. 50 meters max. We aren't doing surface mapping so don't go nuts."

Me: "Ok, right away."

Dr. Long: "The drones are in Bay 04, so ... bye."

I grabbed a drone and loaded it into a shuttle. The pilot said the transit time should be enough to allow me to make the modifications needed. As we entered the atmosphere I was greeted by the incredible sight of the planet below me. For a second I was able to forget all the work ahead and just enjoy the view. As a scientist I'm often stuck in a lab working long hours, so getting to see the beauty of Arium Major as we approached was a very welcome change.

18957050705_47070ae92b_c.jpg

Quickly I got back into work mode though as I knew Dr. Long wouldn't be lenient on failure. I needed to get down there and get our water analysis drone operational and sending back data immediately!

Another Angle:

18769352530_917921778c_c.jpg

This is my first ever micro build. It was fun to try something new, so thanks to the game runners for the opportunity. Sorry Octan!

This is my first ever micro build. It was fun to try something new, so thanks to the game runners for the opportunity. Sorry Octan!

Why are you apologizing?!?! This is a great first micro build!

I love the rock work and the water effects!

Also I think people need to know that everyone is here to build and have fun. Not everyone has an extensive collection of bricks or the experience/talent of some of the absolutely incredible builders that are playing (like Big Sal and shmails, for instance), but every player contributes to their team and is appreciated! The game provides motivation to build (instead of just collecting) and you get access to some of the very best builders in the world who will give you advice. Additionally, in just the first 4 weeks of playing, I've learned so much and improved as a builder; so I think if more people let go of their insecurities, signed up, and played, not only would this game be even more awesome, but EB as a whole would improve as the quality of everyone's build improves from learning from each other.

Also I think people need to know that everyone is here to build and have fun. Not everyone has an extensive collection of bricks or the experience/talent of some of the absolutely incredible builders that are playing (like Big Sal and shmails, for instance), but every player contributes to their team and is appreciated! The game provides motivation to build (instead of just collecting) and you get access to some of the very best builders in the world who will give you advice. Additionally, in just the first 4 weeks of playing, I've learned so much and improved as a builder; so I think if more people let go of their insecurities, signed up, and played, not only would this game be even more awesome, but EB as a whole would improve as the quality of everyone's build improves from learning from each other.

:thumbup:

I hope some of our members on all teams who haven't posted a build yet get to see that reply. I could not agree more. I need to remind myself of the very same thing. Great post.

Edited by aeralure

So that's what the land of Arium Major looks like! Koro only saw the vast ocean, or he would have if he'd ever been to Arium Major.

I really like how barren this feels. This is actually rather akin to what I first thought of when I was trying to imagine what the terrain of Arium Minor would be like on land (and not the ocean). Great work! I really love how you created the delta, and the transition from river water to deep dark ocean water, and seconded on the NPU of the grills as waves! :wink:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Very nice work! I really like the river, nice idea.

I also would like to echo the words of Pombe. The main goal of this should always be to have fun and build things that challenge you personally as a builder. Please do not feel the need to apologize. The team is here to support you as a builder, not the other way around!

Great micro build! The way the river emerges from the mountain and merges into the sea is great, and the use of grills is genius! :thumbup: