What happens when you're insane enough to try a studfull body on a supercar, in orange? Well, a year's worth of hard work, that's what. I have only one advice now: don't try this, ever, unless you want to start hating yourself. There's a reason why sane people stick with studless bodies.

Anyway, the model has its shortcomings and it was really challenging in terms of work and budget, and I'm really happy I'm done with it. I never want to repeat this experience again. But at least it makes for some nice photos:

1.jpg_thumb.jpg 2.jpg_thumb.jpg 3.jpg_thumb.jpg 4.jpg_thumb.jpg 5.jpg_thumb.jpg 6.jpg_thumb.jpg 7.jpg_thumb.jpg 8.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04500.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04526.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04532.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04569.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04587.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04621.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04683.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04688.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04714.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04773.jpg_thumb.jpg

More photos & some reading: http://sariel.pl/2015/03/audi-r8-v10/

When I first saw this amazing model on Brickshelf, I was just in awe. This supercar is just breathtaking. You say that the studded build was insane, but I have to say it looks a lot better. So much detail on this car. Just GREAT job once again!!

I wish TLG could be more consistent with their colours, I mean look at those orange slopes on the bonnet. Apart from that this thing is crazy! A lot of respect. Also could you describe the process of making foil stickers?

Edited by Nalyd997

Thanks. These days I draw my stickers in Adobe Illustrator, it's a software I use daily for job which makes it easy for me. Basically, I put together A4 sheet of stickers in PDF file and have it printed at a print shop, on transparent foil or white foil, depending on whether I want a sticker to have transparent areas or not. Here, for example, the Audi rings on the hood are printed on transparent foil while both license plates are printed on white one. I'm sure the same can be done with many regular printers, it's just easier for me to go and get a whole sheet printed by a professional for a few bucks instead of having to worry about foil types, inks, printer settings and whatnot.

So all in all, it all comes down to whether you can use Illustrator. Because with details this small, vector images usually produce better results than rasterized ones.

Edited by Sariel

As I said on Facebook, I think you did a pretty good job with the limited parts color palette that you had.. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have that same lighting hooked up on a bridge on a layout in the front window of my dad's shop... I instantly recognized that remote... :classic:

The car looks a bit blocky as it is studded, but it's an amazing creation as it is easily recognizable, and looks stunning. I like how it has no gaps and am very impressed that you stuck with the limited color scheme, yet still made it look amazing

Looks great!! Haha im already collecting for my large scale dw86 quite the pita but worth it unless your goal is to post mocs on frequently.

Ps. if ever selling the orange parts im quite interested

Edited by RLCLAB

Really great moc of one of my favourite cars! And great functions too. I think that the only part that needs improving is the rear wheel, it feels a bit off proportions, but i don't know if it can be done better with this strict color scheme and all the gears inside

Great job, Sariel. I really appreciate your hard work. I love your videos! This is a beautiful build.

Absolutly amazing! I can only imagine how hard it was to make it in orange... Fantastic MOC! :thumbup:

Wow, astonishing model! Very well done!

What happens when you're insane enough to try a studfull body on a supercar, in orange? Well, a year's worth of hard work, that's what. I have only one advice now: don't try this, ever, unless you want to start hating yourself. There's a reason why sane people stick with studless bodies.

Would you share some of the issues you'd to face?

Cool model again, very detailed and honest description. And yes, the fotography cannot be beaten! The shades of orange are clearly visible but don't disturb the look. I made a selfengineered v12 recently to save space ;-), same issue.

I've been following the WIP shots of this on Facebook. :thumbup: What convinced you to do another studless build? After the Charger I thought you gave up on that :laugh:

Now that I've seen a year's worth of your work in 3 minutes 9 seconds...

Edited by TheLegoExpert

I made a selfengineered v12 recently to save space ;-), same issue.

Was it for the LaFerrari in your sig..?

Edited by Paul Boratko

Was it for the LaFerrari in your sig..?

Yes, it is still not finished, one year of work has gone already. I was close to give it up already, but I won´t. Such guys like you push me again ;-)!

Yes, it is still not finished, one year of work has gone already. I was close to give it up already, but I won´t. Such guys like you push me again ;-)!

Brunojj1, your Ferrari 458 co-redesigned with Blakbird is one of the best Technic MOCs I've ever seen. Don't give up on the LaFerrari!

I don´t like but I recognize that the challenge was huge for limited parts. Brunojj1 are you waiting for the next challenge to finish it?, I am looking for a car to do and LaFerrari was discarded, huge wheels, small car, big engine and even lower than a Huayra (I had more problems to fit the V12 in my Huayra) but if you has a self-made V12 I like to see it, I also invented some engines for my machinery. Sariel sorry for the off-topic.

Brunojj1, your Ferrari 458 co-redesigned with Blakbird is one of the best Technic MOCs I've ever seen. Don't give up on the LaFerrari!

That is the point- I have the duty to beat it.

I don´t like but I recognize that the challenge was huge for limited parts. Brunojj1 are you waiting for the next challenge to finish it?, I am looking for a car to do and LaFerrari was discarded, huge wheels, small car, big engine and even lower than a Huayra (I had more problems to fit the V12 in my Huayra) but if you has a self-made V12 I like to see it, I also invented some engines for my machinery. Sariel sorry for the off-topic.

Sorry from my side also, but in terms of talking about supercars it is not completely off-topic. Supercars are in their own category and have their own challenges like housing the engine. I will start an own tpic about the LaFerrari when it´s finished.

I´m not waiting for anything, the car itself is my biggest challenge - like you said. I kept it 15 studs high, as low as possible to match the 1:10 scale. The designed V12 engine is only 11,5 studs long, works perfectly and can be seen on my brickshelf. Unfortunately the folder is not public the second day now and I have no big experience to post pics here immediately. I made a LDD file for it.

Brunojj1 I just kidding, I know well how long it takes to cook a good Ferrari... Anyway Lego cylinders are designed to 8880 scale, we will need smaller ones in order to have more room in our cars.

That is the point- I have the duty to beat it.

Sorry from my side also, but in terms of talking about supercars it is not completely off-topic. Supercars are in their own category and have their own challenges like housing the engine. I will start an own tpic about the LaFerrari when it´s finished.

I´m not waiting for anything, the car itself is my biggest challenge - like you said. I kept it 15 studs high, as low as possible to match the 1:10 scale. The designed V12 engine is only 11,5 studs long, works perfectly and can be seen on my brickshelf. Unfortunately the folder is not public the second day now and I have no big experience to post pics here immediately. I made a LDD file for it.

I can't wait for the LXF :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: