plastic_ati

[MOC] Blohm&Voss BV 141 - 60064 alternate

Continuing the line of strange looking airplanes... This alternate from the set 60064 Arctic Supply Plane has been inspired by the asymmetrical reconnaissance aircraft from the german manufacturer Blohm und Voss. Now this is what "eurotrash" mentioned in my earlier post.

16050619068_6cd449ed57_c.jpg

Blohm&Voss BV 141 (60064 alternate) by Plastic.Ati, on Flickr

This time it was very hard to regenerate the shape, as the cockpit panels were way too big, and there were not enough rounded or slope bricks. Starting from this point I tried to find the right measures for the wings (which were bent up at the ends, making some headache for me). I used THIS drawing for verifying the proportions, but I had to change several points because of the part availability.

15615718524_918916bcda_c.jpg

I ended up with a minifig-compatible, very swooshable model, which was not a copy of the original, but easily recognisable due to its distinct shape.

16238147665_9cf4404dbf_c.jpg

15618290053_bcfb5a3d4d_c.jpg

After finishing the body it took me a while to find a solution for the foldable wheels on the wings, and I can say that it can hold the whole weight of the plane, but you should not push it too hard as it is the week point. During flight they can be folded up to the wings.

16052301017_c80c4a693c_c.jpg

15615722564_311f7185bb_c.jpg

Now I am working on the instructions so once it is ready, I will put the link here. Until that

Finally the instructions are ready, and can be found on my Rebrickable page along with some other pics. C&C are welcome.

Below you can check my other alternates for this set:

16194757912_f728893446_s.jpg 15575963653_1c7eb9663b_s.jpg 15680823524_00fa1773f3_s.jpg

Edited by plastic_ati

Totally digging the asymmetrical swooshiness of this plastic_ati! It's instantly recognizable.

It's a ridiculously difficult plane with crazy proportions to recreate AND you've managed to achieve it with just the pieces from another set!

Bravo! I am impressed.

Totally digging the asymmetrical swooshiness of this plastic_ati! It's instantly recognizable.

It's a ridiculously difficult plane with crazy proportions to recreate AND you've managed to achieve it with just the pieces from another set!

Bravo! I am impressed.

Thanks a lot eurotrash, I am really happy to hear that. I can say that I went crazy sometimes during the past days :classic: . Meanwhile I have learnt a lot of details about aerodynamics, and some very strange planes, so it was a nice "trip" for my brain.

I could not believe this thing was a real plane. It's one of the strangest I've seen. Great job recreating it, especially, as eurotrash said, with the pieces from 60064 :classic:

I could not believe this thing was a real plane. It's one of the strangest I've seen. Great job recreating it, especially, as eurotrash said, with the pieces from 60064 :classic:

What a strange plane - and what an interesting design concept to build everything out of 60064.

Well done!

Thanks for your positive feedback!

I googled the real plane and man, did you capture all the right proportions, etc., excellent designing with those parts from that set.....in true Legotown 1979 feel.

Brick On 'plastic_ati' ! :grin:

I googled the real plane and man, did you capture all the right proportions, etc., excellent designing with those parts from that set.....in true Legotown 1979 feel.

Brick On 'plastic_ati' ! :grin:

Thanks, lightningtiger!

Blohm&Voss should be fired for making such an abomination, along with the Shorts bros.

Edited by Rick
Font size adjustment

1 hour ago, awamech said:

Blohm&Voss should be fired

Hmmm - all difficult:

1) Tough to fire a company, particularly one that ceased to exist in 1945. Or make it 1969 when they dissolved into MBB.

2) Rudolf Blohm - dead; Walter Blohm - dead; Ernst Voss - dead (well, they founded B&V in 1877 ...) 

3) That plane did fly for the first time in 1938 ...

What I like though that you made me find this thread from 2015 - otherwise I would have missed it. Love that build!

:pir-laugh:

On 9/4/2023 at 7:11 PM, awamech said:

Blohm&Voss should be fired for making such an abomination, along with the Shorts bros.

Please refrain from bumping old threads unless you have something very substantial to add. Also, no need for the big font size.