Tamamono

Mafia After Dark - Conclusion: City of Gods

Players only, please!

9549837087_d42b8e8739_o.png

August 30th, 2005

New Brickland, Florida

3:16 A.M.

9976604213_5daa180c97_o.png

As the thirtieth of August begins, Kristina, Priscilla, and Peter all surround Penelope, ready to crucify the final Ferrari.

9976468955_9c30f4edac_o.png

"Wait, no, don't!" she screams in protest, "It's Priscilla! Really! Look at all these helpful examples I only just now started to notice! I'm town, and totally not scummy. Please believe me!"

9976496704_6b7b410ca5_o.png

"I'm not buying it, Penny!" Kristina says confidently as she points a finger at the corrupt cop. "It only makes sense. You've been obvious from the beginning, scummo. Now die like a dog!"

9976534026_614f94562a_o.png

"Of course, that's what I'd say if being in the mafia was about killing people and being generally all-around nasty." she hastily corrects herself, "Instead, we'll reluctantly kill you to preserve the true goodness of our organization. We'll miss you, friend!"

Neither Peter nor his secretary have ever understood this idealistic little girl.

9976467925_110f588c25_o.png

"Wait, no! Please!" Penelope begs.

9976601923_40755659d6_o.png

"Even I'm having a hard time buying your story, Penny." Tam says as he raises his gun to the woman's head. "Just accept it. It'll be over soon enough."

Suddenly, the group hears the sound of sirens in the distance...

9976495104_7ab35e51b6_o.png

The family panics, whipping around to face the source of the sound.

9976466445_770500723c_o.png

However, they're too late to flee (although Tam begins to book it), as a squad car speeds past them.

9976531856_9a24602f05_o.png

Another car drives up, encircling the outlaws.

Everyone screams, their hands in the air. Priscilla shrieks like a harpy and runs to take cover behind someone.

9976531326_6854d8513a_o.png

Quickly, the men and women in blue file out of the cars...

9976531166_e38960f2ea_o.png

...running as fast as they can.

9976493534_fd2dbc7378_o.png

Within seconds, they have the family surrounded.

9976463815_95f008afef_o.png

A slightly demented smile growing on her face, Penelope begins to pull something out of her back pocket.

9976491834_b5ef56d026_o.png

And pulls out a gun!

Everyone screams again.

"I knew you were the last Ferrari! Now you're going to kill us! Ahhh!" Kristina screams, looking around for something to take cover behind.

"I'm not going to shoot you, idiot..." Penny begins.

9976597823_cc1944738e_o.png

"...after everything I worked for, after the reputation I built up among the force... it's all gone. Now that my comrades have seen me associating with the Malones, my life is over..."

BANG

9976597443_171fcb3fa5_o.png

With a tight squeeze of the trigger, Penelope blows her own head off, splattering Tam and Priscilla with blood.

And that is the end of Penelope Talbott (Palathadric).

9976461995_e3e55c3dca_o.png

Raising his gun to the police force now surrounding them, Tam lets out a loud roar. "Rrrrroawwwr! I'm not letting these fools take from me everything the Ferraris couldn't! Come on, guys, fight back!"

9976490054_4289f0b894_o.png

In an instant, the three remaining family members pulled out their weapons, ready to fight to the death.

9976527006_60552eb675_o.png

Rushing toward the second car, Peter attempts to hold his automatic level.

"Bernard has done so much for me and for my family - I'd gladly die for him!" he shouts as he runs into battle.

9976526676_5fc92b6b41_o.png

Without hesitation, both of the police officers behind the car open fire on the old man.

9976488394_d6fdfbf546_o.png

The bullets tear through Peter, killing him instantly.

Let's be honest though, it's not like it wasn't going to happen within the next few months anyway.

9976525436_79c928547f_o.png

And that is the end of Peter Nuccitelli (Peanuts).

9976525066_9f8b5a8998_o.png

Meanwhile, Tam, Kristina, and Priscilla continue to barrage the first car with bullets.

BANG

RATATATATA

BLAM

9976458295_0d25a679b2_o.png

By now, one of the police officers is dead, while her partner hides behind the car.

"How the hell did that bitch hide a shotgun in that cardigan??" he wonders to himself

9976457925_833bc4a247_o.png

Filled with confidence after her successful kill, Kristina reloads her rifle, ready to slaughter the policeman behind the car as well. Priscilla lowers her gun and laughs a sinister laugh...

9976485744_19740856bc_o.png

"Wait, Prissy, what are you doing!?" Kristina says nervously as Priscilla points the gun right at her head.

"Kekeke!" Priscilla cackles as she pulls the trigger.

9976485594_a3804caccb_o.png

RATATATATA

Priscilla squeezes the trigger, blowing Kristie's head right off her shoulders.

9976590983_ab760cd84d_o.png

And that is the end of Kristina Malone (Kristel).

9976522196_6b6fd939f4_o.png

"Why did she just shoot her friend??" the cop wonders aloud to himself, forgetting to take cover.

9976590013_9b579992c8_z.jpg

However, it isn't from the Malones that he receives a shot to the stomach...

9976521036_430f76f62c_o.png

The female police officer walks away, leaving the corpse of the other policeman in the middle of the street.

9976454535_9a7ba8fc12_o.png

"You killed my sister, you bitch!" Tam screams at Priscilla, gun level to her head, "I'm going to fill you with so many holes, they won't even be able to identify your corpse!"

"As if, old man!" Priscilla screams back, laughing as she says it.

9976520286_56f0a72a53_o.png

With a flourish, Priscilla leans out of the way of a well placed gunshot to Tam's shoulder.

"Aaargghh!" Tam screams as the bullet pierces the skin under his suit.

9976453625_7a591ccfbe_o.png

"Good job, guys!" Priscilla praises her teammates, "I can't believe they all fell for it!"

9976481314_2b0399ca79_o.png

"God... megablocking damn it!" Tam screams, struggling to keep his voice level. "I was a king... a king, I tell you! Everyone feared me, loved... *cough* me, respected me! A king!"

9976452915_cf6e7d528c_o.png

RATATATA

9976480394_65682de669_o.png

"What's a king to a god?"

~~~

9976585973_ae82a5de7b_o.png

Congratulations to the Ferrari Gang - the winners of Mafia After Dark! From Dexter Fairbanks (def), the Pharmacist, to Candy Nelson (Captain Nemo), the Klutz, to Cebastian Lillium (Cecilie), the Godfather, to the sole survivor and Director, Priscilla Jenkins (Purpearljellyblob/mostlytechnic)! Congrats, guys! You all played a great game, and you definitely deserve the win.

The Family

9976929325_5d9d10412a_o.png Tam Malone - NPC: What's a king to a god? - Malone Godfather

9754066393_dc66ffe15c_o.png Bernard W. Malone - Played by Chillax Darth Frodo: Died digging for wieners Day 5 - Malone

9697314136_e26e36be77_o.png Adelaide Malone - Played by Adam: Darth Mauled Night 3 - Malone Baseball Star

9977067023_927b1727c2_o.png Kristina Malone - Played by Kristel: Blown Away Night 7 - Malone Communications Expert

9926231785_5ac066d14d_o.png Colin Malone -Played by CorneliusMurdock: Too much Heart Day 6 - Independent Axe Murderer

9886550905_efa0faefe1_o.png Cebastian Lillium - Played by Cecilie: Menage a car Night 6 - Ferrari Godfather- Winner!

9715166488_59f40e4abf_o.png Patricia Lillium - Played by Pandora: Swimming with the tadpoles Day 4 - Malone

The Associates

9694085485_942c0b28b9_o.png DoÄŸukan Akbulut - Played by Dragonator: Died a stripper with a heart of satin Night 3 - Malone

9669047680_d9eb32d93e_o.png Jamie Neville - played by jamesn: Squashed Day 3 - Malone Hitman

9793636926_4d8919f10a_o.png Terrence Knox - Played by Trumpetking: Death sentence Night 5 - Malone

9976957324_70e2ec7b50_o.png Peter Nuccitelli - Played by Peanuts: Died heroically Night 7- Malone Mob Doctor

9552630930_e3c17e1861_o.png Priscilla Jenkins - Played by mostlytechnic - Ferrari Director- Winner!

9657533461_625e04319d_o.png The Great Byron - played by Bob: Swimming with the fishes Night 2 - Malone

The Employees

9657351388_614aa7f4f5_o.png Shane Donalds - played by Shadows: Axed in the back Night 2 - Malone Backup

9886663583_93dc9b806c_o.png Candy Nelson - Played by Captain Nemo: Not cannibalized Night 6 - Ferrari Klutz- Winner!

9736006522_7cd525bb6f_o.png Cap'n Rolfe - Played by Capt. Redblade: Kizzel-drizzled Night 4. - Malone

9623443711_59c01f8b83_o.png Donny Dragonov - played by Darkdragon: Crushed by a billboard Day 1 - Malone Interrogator

9976929385_60fe4e3793_o.png Officer Penelope Talbott - Played by Palathadric: Suicide Night 7 - Malone

9736006538_5ebf7985d1_o.png Dexter Fairbanks - Played by def: Peacefully protested Night 4. - Ferrari Pharmacist- Winner!

~~~

Wow! What a wild ride, right guys? This was a hell of a lot of fun - thanks so much for taking part in this crazy experiment! I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

More to come.

Night actions:

Night 1:

Town:

Kristel contacts Peanuts (success)

Peanuts protects Kristel (success)

Adam blocks no one

jamesn kills no one

Scum:

Purpearljellyblob protects Cecilie (success)

def blocks Kristel (success, she can't talk on Day 2)

Cecilie targets Captain Nemo, letting him kill

Day 2:

Town:

Darkdragon investigates Shadows (failure, she's dead)

Scum:

Captain Nemo kills Darkdragon (success)

Purpearljellyblob wins the riddle for the day and picks the hardhat - she cannot be killed during Night 2.

Night 2:

Town:

Kristel contacts Shadows (success)

Adam blocks Dragonator (success - he can't talk on Day 3)

jamesn kills no one

Scum:

Purpearljellyblob protects Cecilie (success)

def blocks Adam (success - he can't talk on Day 3)

Ind:

Cornelius kills Shadows (success)

Day 3:

Scum:

Captain Nemo kills jamesn (success)

Night 3:

Town:

Kristel contacts Pandora (success)

Peanuts protects no one

Adam blocks Trumpetking (failure - he's dead)

Scum:

Purpearljellyblob protects def (success)

def blocks Peanuts (success, he can't talk on Day 4 and his protection doesn't work during Day 4. However, he didn't send in an action)

Ind:

Cornelius kills Adam (success)

Day 4:

Scum:

Captain Nemo kills Pandora (success)

Chillax Darth Frodo, Purpearljellyblob, CorneliusMurdock and Trumpetking are the 4 puzzle winners today. Chillax gets the Crystal ball (which lets him see what roles target him), Purpearl gets the hardhat again, Cornelius gets the sheriff badge (doublevoter), and Trumpetking gets to ask a question. He asks if there are any scum who suspect him and learns that there's one. I used Hinck's incorrect list.

Night 4:

Town:

Kristel contacts Chillax Darth Frodo (success)

Scum:

Purpearljellyblob protects def (success)

def doesn't block anyone, he dies

Ind:

CorneliusMurdock kills Capt. Redblade (success)

Day 5:

Scum:

Captain Nemo kills Chillax Darth Frodo (success)

Night 5:

Town:

Kristel contacts Cecilie (success)

Peanuts protects CorneliusMurdock (success)

Scum:

Purpearljellyblob/mostlytechnic protects Captain Nemo (success)

Cecilie targets herself, allowing her to kill tonight.

Ind:

CorneliusMurdock kills Captain Nemo (failure, he's protected)

Day 6:

Scum:

Cecilie kills CorneliusMurdock (failure, he's protected)

Kristel wins the puzzle, and gets to pick two items. She picks the hardhat and the sheriff's badge.

Night 6:

Town:

Kristel contacts CorneliusMurdock (success)

Scum:

mostlytechnic protects Peanuts (success)

Cecilie targets herself for a kill, but she's dead.

Ind:

CorneliusMurdock kills Cecilie (success)

Cecilie's role gets passed on to Captain Nemo, and then onto mostlytechnic, replacing his protection action. The kill automatically transfers to him.

Day 7:

Scum:

mostlytechnic kills CorneliusMurdock (success)

Night 7:

Town:

Kristel contacts Palathadric (success)

Peanuts protects himself (success)

Day 8/Conclusion:

Scum:

mostlytechnic kills Kristel (success)

mostlytechnic reaches equal numbers with the town, and wins.

~~~

Edited by Tamamono

Holy megabluck.

I told you guys about Corny. Maybe not the towniest, thing, but I still called it. :wink:

Thanks for the game Tammo, it's been one of the most enjoyable games I've played, and it ws certainly a great game to come back from hosting to.

Oh, and congrats you scummos!

Woohoo! Thanks MostlyTechnic, you came in late, and totally held your ground. Fantastic job, and thanks to Nemo, Cecilie, and Purpear, it was great working with you.

Respect to the town and Murdock for rallying yourself in the second half. Unfortunately, the overall apathy of the first half of the game seems to have been too much of a mountain to climb.

Thanks for a good time Tammo!

So excited when I saw "conclusion" in the title, and then the big let down. My apologies to the Malones for all the bad calls I made.

Congrats to the scum team. Well played!

A big thank you to Tammo for being an awesome host. I had a blast!

*delusionally thinking she's won an oscar or something*

Wow, I'd like to thank Tam for hosting a great game, and my fellow scum for supporting me and being great to work with, and the losers in the town for somehow NOT lynching me last night, and the city coroner who had to deal with all the bodies, and God cause all celebs thank Him like they actually care about Him, and my parents for raising me a Ferrari, and....

Seriously, how did you not lynch me at the end? When Ceb got killed by Colin, I thought it was all over. I picked Colin to get scumkilled, hoping it'd work, but assuming then I'd get lynched and town would win. So when night 7 started, I just threw a vote at Pen and somehow you crazy people bought it and went along with me!

Loved playing the other side finally - and with a darn good group to help me.

Main question - if the vig didn't die till day 3, where were the kills? And what on earth is a Baseball Star?

This looked like a fun game, I am so upset that I missed out but time constraints would have had me absent for a few days so it's probably for the best.

The presentation And setup was great, thanks for the good show guys and congrats to the winners!

Damn...I really thought we had won.

Sorry Pala, good job Mostly. I really thought Palathadric was scum on the last day.

And thanks for hosting, Tammo. It was a fun game while it lasted. It's a shame we came back from losing so many players and then we lynched the wrong person in the end.

Oh, and I was the protector a.k.a. person A.

This was exciting to watch - I'm glad the town rallied so hard in the face of the serial killer and the scum team. Congratulations scum!

Main question - if the vig didn't die till day 3, where were the kills? And what on earth is a Baseball Star?

My kill was one-shot. :hmpf_bad:

Great job Mostly! You really saved our scummy butts at the end of this one!

It was a fun game, and it was great seeing the scum side of things---thanks for hosting Tammo!

Congrats to the scum team. You were decimating early on and I was sure you'd win, but the townies did have a pretty big comeback later on. Didn't stop MT though, that was a super close victory. :thumbup: And of course awesome job hosting Tammo. :sweet:

Thanks for all of your kind comments! I'm glad you enjoyed the game - I certainly did as well.

Role PM's will be up soon.

This was a lot of fun to follow, great job scum team. I though the town had you in the end, but MT came through.

Well played, scummos! And especially well played, mostlytechnic!

I wish I could have stuck around a bit longer, but it was fun while it lasted. The story and presentation were great and the characters were very well-rounded. Another fine hosting job, Tammo!

Awesome Mostlytechnic, you pulled it off! Good job :sweet:

I was kind of relieved when Corny killed me, because that meant I didn't have to stress with finding internet time/access (wifi here sucks...) at the LEGO Fan Weekend here in Denmark where I am right now :tongue:.

Kristel, you really played well, I did not see the swinging axe to my face coming at all, even though I suspected something was off from the inconsistencies in what you were telling me. When townies start lying to you, you know they don't trust you :wink:. But you wouldn't have had to pull off all of that charade, because our protection action was locked in at 24 hours into the day (well, at least we thought so, but apparently Tammo thought he'd told us we could submit it anytime...). I have to wonder, why did you pick Pala as scummier than mostly?

I was so very close to winning this. Most of the game I was on acting in the interest of the town because it made for a good cover story and I needed to keep the balance going to the final four.

I took some risks but I think they paid off for the most part. My biggest regret is not being able to put as much work into this the first couple game days. Some things came up and by the time I could devote the time, I was being accused both here and in Cruel Angel

s Thesis. It made for a stressful week or so. Once I claimed, and no one came forward to contradict it, I was very relieved to be trusted.

I did suspect the scum had role-copped me, and that was one reason I thought Trumpet was scum.

Kristel, did you suspect me at all? If I'd pushed harder for protection, could I have gotten it without rousing your suspicion?

Sadly, we did not have a role cop. We were going back and forth about the possibility of you being an SK or not. You really did a good job hiding your kills as typical vig kills, and once town trusted you, it was hard for us to touch you in anyway. Had you won this, it would have been well deserved.

Kristel, you really played well, I did not see the swinging axe to my face coming at all, even though I suspected something was off from the inconsistencies in what you were telling me. When townies start lying to you, you know they don't trust you :wink:. But you wouldn't have had to pull off all of that charade, because our protection action was locked in at 24 hours into the day (well, at least we thought so, but apparently Tammo thought he'd told us we could submit it anytime...). I have to wonder, why did you pick Pala as scummier than mostly?

I hated having to lie to you (and desperately wanted to apologise as soon as I had done it), but I felt a little better about it when you turned up scum. For some reason I don't mind the lying when I am scum, but townies aren't supposed to lie.

It was the back and forth between you and mostlytechnic in-thread towards the end that threw me off. Once I thought mostlytechnic might be town, it was easier to read scumminess in what Pala had said. At the end, Pala appealed to me via PM but pretty much just attacked Priscilla in the thread. Pala mentioned that he had tried to help town, but didn't show how, whereas mostlytechnic did.

I had PM'd Peanuts about both of us changing our vote to Priscilla to get her off her butt and respond - I wanted to see how mostlytechnic would react to being voted for. The intention was to change back before the end of the night. Unfortunately, timezones meant that we weren't able to coordinate so well and only Peanuts did so in the end. I don't know if things would have been different if mostlytechnic had three votes. :shrug_confused:

Mostlytechnic, why did you go for me for the final kill? We agreed Peanuts should protect himself because we thought you might think he can't protect himself.

Kristel, did you suspect me at all? If I'd pushed harder for protection, could I have gotten it without rousing your suspicion?

Yes I did. I had ruled out you being scum earlier because of the role you played in lynching def, but I hadn't fully ruled out SK. Once, I was in PM with you, the main things that made me think you were independent were:

• When we were talking about who to kill, I got the sense that you weren't particularly fussed who we killed, as long as there was a kill.
  • Telling me it wasn't important whether Cecilie changed her vote or not didn't make sense - it wasn't important to us, but it was in terms of what the scum thought.
  • Also, the way you asked for protection was selfish, with no consideration or discussion of the options.

Peanuts, sorry for not trusting you until right at the end. It was just so convenient to claim protector, I didn't really think I could have gotten that lucky, and I wondered what the hell you were doing trusting me with that information so early on.

Apologies to Shadows, also. I picked you to talk to because you hinted at being the watcher. It's a shame we ended up arguing in the PMs, as it led to me revealing my role in the thread and the whole debacle around the Dog and him getting lynched. But I don't think that would have affected whether or not you were killed.

Tammo, did the investigator role get passed on to another vanilla townie when Shadows was killed?

Congrats, Scumbags, you earned this one. :thumbup:

Apologies to Shadows, also. I picked you to talk to because you hinted at being the watcher. It's a shame we ended up arguing in the PMs, as it led to me revealing my role in the thread and the whole debacle around the Dog and him getting lynched. But I don't think that would have affected whether or not you were killed.

No need to apologize, at the point that I died, I never had a chance to learn anything that could help the town.

I didn't see what we did as arguing, I just thought we were both being cautious, you because you couldn't be sure of me, and me because I couldn't be sure how many people you would end up talking to and where that information would go. You were in the unfortunate position of potentially becoming Jesus and leading the town to it's ruin.

Tammo, did the investigator role get passed on to another vanilla townie when Shadows was killed?

I can't imagine it was. I told you that story because I had a feeling I'd be metagamed before I ever got to use my role and figured that given the difficulty of your role, you'd end up allied with at least one scum and the story would get back to them, giving them one more thing to worry about. :wink:

Peanuts, sorry for not trusting you until right at the end. It was just so convenient to claim protector, I didn't really think I could have gotten that lucky, and I wondered what the hell you were doing trusting me with that information so early on.

I don't know if I had believed myself, to be honest. I mean, it makes for a good scum play: Telling you I was a protector so you don't tell anyone my name, and then killing you in the night.

I trusted you because I believed you about being the communications expert. It was pretty clear that was a town role, and what#s the point of having one if you don't take the risk and tell them about your role.

May I ask why you chose to contact me?

I can't imagine it was. I told you that story because I had a feeling I'd be metagamed before I ever got to use my role and figured that given the difficulty of your role, you'd end up allied with at least one scum and the story would get back to them, giving them one more thing to worry about. :wink:

I said to Peanuts in PM that I was sure you would flip scum because of this very statement. I thought it was BS, but we ended using it anyway (Hinckley's idea).

May I ask why you chose to contact me?

It was a process of elimination, with the limited information I had - that's why it was so late in Night 1 before I contacted you. Anyone very active / too loud / happy to poke was off the list because they would be unlikely to have a PR. Colin, Dexter and Penelope were ruled out early on because of things they said that made me put a question mark next to their names. Anyway, it came down to you and Pandora. This is going to come out sounding wrong, but I essentially thought I would have a harder time reading Pandora than you.

I had PM'd Peanuts about both of us changing our vote to Priscilla to get her off her butt and respond - I wanted to see how mostlytechnic would react to being voted for. The intention was to change back before the end of the night. Unfortunately, timezones meant that we weren't able to coordinate so well and only Peanuts did so in the end. I don't know if things would have been different if mostlytechnic had three votes. :shrug_confused:

Mostlytechnic, why did you go for me for the final kill? We agreed Peanuts should protect himself because we thought you might think he can't protect himself.

First, for the record, I was totally telling the truth at the end about not having seen the massive wall of attack until I responded. No way would I have let that slide in the end game. So two vs 3 votes for me would have made no difference. Although perhaps I might have fought *less* with 3 votes, assuming there was no way to pull it out given how much suspicion there'd been on me all game.

As for why I killed you - just a coin toss. I knew (I was the scum protector) that protectors could protect themselves, so I didn't really factor that in. Tam asked if I could send in my kill early (before the end of the night) so as to possibly wrap things up - so I decided either I'd get lucky and the game was over, or I'd fail and then have to hope to argue my way through another round of votes. But honestly I didn't think it really mattered who I picked (was thinking that maybe since Tam asked for it early, there might not be any town NAs left), and even if there was a protector left, odds were in my favor so I threw a name out.

Nice job scum, pretty close finish there. Pity nobody went after Colin after I pretty clearly outlined all the ways he was being suspicious early on, but no matter! It was a fun game. Town players really need to read a bit more critically though; having to repeat the same thing 5 times because people misread it is quite frustrating!

Nice working putting that all together Tammo.

I went after Colin, and in your name! But I couldn't convict an uncontested vig claim...

I hated having to lie to you (and desperately wanted to apologise as soon as I had done it), but I felt a little better about it when you turned up scum. For some reason I don't mind the lying when I am scum, but townies aren't supposed to lie.

It was the back and forth between you and mostlytechnic in-thread towards the end that threw me off. Once I thought mostlytechnic might be town, it was easier to read scumminess in what Pala had said. At the end, Pala appealed to me via PM but pretty much just attacked Priscilla in the thread. Pala mentioned that he had tried to help town, but didn't show how, whereas mostlytechnic did.

Hah, so my attempt at a meatshield worked as a reverse meatshield, awesome :grin:. And for the record, I hated lying to you too :blush:. I hate being scum for that very reason, I don't like lying, even though I'm fairly good at it :blush:. Once I was contacted by you, I was both super happy to have a chance to gain inside information for my team, and super nervous about how I would handle lying to your face. And I was constantly on my toes, thinking you were on to me! It was very stressful. And I was terrified to take too long to respond to your PMs, thinking I would get accused of consulting with my scum buddies :tongue:.

Sign in to follow this