So spent a couple of nights on this and was amazed it worked. I thought I would show a video for a laugh. Its far from finished and about to have a full rebuild.

I mainly built this to use up my Yellow Studded lol and to be faster than the wheelchair!

Uses EXOFORCE wheels and 16 XL motors

I think the steering needs some more work,I was hearing backlash in the last video.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Very impressive :) Seeing as I weigh some 20 kg less, I should have thought of making one a long time ago ;)

Edit: 16 XL motors? OK, now I know what stopped me :) Also, now it's clear who bought all black Exoforce wheels off the Bricklink :P

Edited by Sariel

Dont tell anyone but I am actually more like 85-87 KG depending on how well I stick to my diet lol. I think you should give it a go mate.

I would of brought them off bricklink if there was any on there! A friend helped me out with them.

I would of also used more than 16XL motors but I cant afford the rechargeable packs, I am already using 8 without steering.

p.s, brought your book!

Awesome work, Burf! As a child it was my dream to own enough Lego to do this...

Have you examined your axles after this? Is there any significant wear or bending?

Its funny you say that!, So took the whole thing apart last night and bare in mind I was testing and abusing it, I did not damage as much as I thought.

So I had used 4 32l axles to hold the wheels, these had become very screwed up due to some wheels getting jammed and some not. I have now gone for 8 16L axels so this does not happen.

Out of the 32 8 tooth gears, 1 had broken off and 1 had been damaged (same wheel). These got replaced and an extra set where added to each wheel (so 48 in total)

Small update

Redesigned the steering, now has a accelerator pedal and a seat. Steering is proportional to.

post-6615-0-17947800-1357925469_thumb.jpg

One day, finances allowing, I would enjoy attempting to build a life size, motorized, rideable, technic motorcycle.

I would enjoy attempting to build a life size, motorized, rideable, technic motorcycle.

That is ambitious!

The car looks nice anyway, you must be the reason why yellow beams in large quantities are expensive on Bricklink :wink: .

tim

Awesome stuff, what gear ratio are you using for the driving motors? I would have thought it would require more than 16 XL motors.

A motorbike would be fun, a trike has been tried but failed (not by me). I got a lot of yellow beams off someone (swapping for polybags lol).

The gear is 1 to 5 at the moment (8 to 40t) however I really wanted it to be 1 to 3 however I ran out of room to put the motors and ran out of motors.