Who is your favorite Ninjago villain?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Ninjago army?

• Skulkin (2011)
    • Serpentine (2012)
    • Stone Army (2013)
    • Nindroids (2014)
    • Anacondrai Cultists (2015)
    • Ghost Ninja (2015)
    • Sky Pirates (2016)
  2. 2. Who is your favorite Ninjago villain?

• Samukai (2011)
    • Lord Garmadon (2011-2013)
    • Pythor (2012-2014)
    • General Kozu (2013)
    • The Overlord (2013-2014)
    • General Cryptor (2014)
    • Master Chen (2015)
    • Clouse (2015)
    • Morro (2015)
    • Nadakhan (2016)
    • Sensei Yang (2016)
  3. 3. Which villains' return are you anticipating most for Summer 2016?

• Skulkin (2011)
    • Pythor (2012)
    • Stone Army (2013)
    • Nindroids/Cryptor (2014)
    • Anacondrai Cultists/Chen (2015)

As we near the end of SIX years of Ninjago (we already know about Summer 2016), I decided to look back at how far the ninja have come. They've fought the Skulkin, Serpentine, Stone Army, Nindroids, Anacondrai Cultists, Ghost Ninja, and Sky Pirates!

I think that the Nindroids have been the best adversaries for the ninja. As for the best main villain, Pythor was the best until the end of Season 4, so General Cryptor would probably be my new favorite, although I like Doubloon a lot.

Who has been your favorite villain to date?

Edited by Master_Data

My favorite ninjago army is the Anacondrai Cultists.

And my most fave villain at all is Master Chen.

You forgot Ronin and his army of dark samurai.

You forgot Ronin and his army of dark samurai.

LOL They weren't a threat... That game was such a joke. Besides, it looks like Ronin's allegiance might be with the Ninja next time around.

Favorite Ninjago Army: The Stone Army. Why? They are the only group that only consists of cunning soldiers that regardless who was leading them, was an actual force to be reckoned with. The same could be said of the Nindroids, but they are more of a hivemind than an actual group of individual soldiers.

Favorite Ninjago Villain: Pythor is the most well written (after Garmadon). His cunning as well has his deceptive nature (giving yourself a fake, yet friendly last name to manipulate a naive child. That's pretty dark) and Michael Dobson's voice work on the character make him an absolute joy on screen, regardless of size, color, or circumstance.

Why are Morro and his army listed? Morro made the briefest of appearances possible in season 4 and the Ghost Army has yet to even be seen. Anyway, I'm just going to list the order in which I feel the villains have been portrayed.

Armies:

1) The Stone Army. Their weaknesses aren't made clear due to retcons in The Dark Island and later inconsistencies, but they were easily the most formidable opponent the ninja ever fought and actually stood a chance on multiple occasions at destroying the ninja.

2) Skulkin. They were almost entirely comic relief, yet at the same time they actually stood a chance against the ninja.

3) Serpentine. Not terribly fond of them, and retcons make their motives painfully unclear.

4) Nindroids. I do believe I heard PIXAL call them an "upgrade" over Zane. :laugh:

5) Cultists. They mostly goofed off until the grand finale of season 4 were they actually did something yet at the same time still managed to be an unconvincing threat. When the only form of death in the land of Ninjago is old age or suicide, it's hard to take the "ULTMATE YOL0 SWAG ARMIE OF POWAH" seriously when all they're capable of is pushing people.

Villain:

1) Garmadon. Excluding his later "Sensei" days, he was a combination of both heart and villainy that I still love.

2) Pythor. He's a close runner-up to Garmadon, but like the rest of the Serpentine the retcons there's very little concrete known about him.

3) Overlord. There's only so many times you can hear a raspy voice claiming to be the Ultimate Evil and take them seriously when they're completely powerless in most situations.

4) Clouse. He's a great character with a great deal of potential, but I feel that the lack of insubordination between he and Chen was stretched thin.

5) Cryptor. Not much to say about him.

6) Kozu. He served his purpose.

7) Awful plan, annoying personality, and the unneeded reuse of a voice actor that makes him sound far too close to Skales.

Clouse is the top villain for me, though I think at least Skales should be included in the list, which would make it harder for me to choose. Garmadon was cool in the Skulkin season, but they made him much less menacing in later seasons. Pythor is the only other villain id consider. The rest are comic relief, ineffectual or un(der)developed.

Not sure about the army - Id have to decide between the Serpentine, the Stone Army and the Cultists.

Its a bit too early to have the ghosts in the poll, and I think Ronin and Skales should be included.

Where is Skales on the main villain list? I mean, even Samukai is on there, who has always been second in command. Skales is one of my favorite villains, with hisss great Ssserpentine voice :P

morro :thumbup: :thumbup:

Eh, in my opinion Morro wasn't really a great villain. He was just kind of a spoiled brat with superpowers... All he did was whine about he was the best ninja and no one is better than him, etc.

Allow me to rank my top pics:

1.) Pythor. Michael Dobson's voice acting made Pythor one of my favorite villains. Combined with a lack of silliness (a la Master Chen) and a lack of whining when things didn't work out (Chen, Morro) made Pythor one of the better villains. Combined with his intelligence and evil slyness, you have a great villain. The only downer was that his Serpentine army was a little less competent than, say, the Stone Armyor Nindroids.

2.) Garmadon. I think Garmadon was very much the "Darth Vader" character of his time, and while it was really cool to see the conflict inside of him, he even worked with the ninja at some point to save his son, which, while a great aspect of the character, wasn't very "villainy."

3.) Clouse. Clouse is so high on the list only because he had such a great potential to step up and put Master Chen's ridiculousness to an end. He was willing to cheat against the Ninja in the tournament and use his dark magic, and his pet serpent was extremely competent and frightening compared to Chen's cultists. The only shame is that, when Chen was mocking the death of his serpent, I wish Clouse had retaliated and struck out against Chen rather than remaining the meek servant.

4.) Overlord. For the big bad, he only really was threatening as the dragon in the final episode, and even then, he got defeated by attempting to eat Lloyd's dragon. All he really didnwas make Garmadon do stuff for him, which I guess was leading up to his possession of Garmadon, which was neat, but he had so little screen time as someone actually formidable. He was even weak in Rebooted and needed Nindroids to do his errands

5.) Chen. Nothing much to say except the entire Tournament was an excuse to watch people fight for fun. He made rash decisions against Clouse's better judgement and his plan to steal their powers could have been executed when the elemental masters first arrived at the island. Still, he was better than others for some reasons.

6.) Morro. Morro was certainly a formidable threat, especially after possessing Lloyd, but as I mentioned, all he really did, especially during the climax of Curseworld, was whine, whine, whine about how nobody is better than him.

7.) Cryptor. Didn't really have any defining character traits except for the fact that he was rather sexist, oftentimes mocking Nya for fighting "like a girl" and even making snide remarks about her perfume.

8.) Kozu. Not much to say except (to be honest) he looked really menacing and his army was extremely competent

9.) Samukai. He was more of Garmadon's servant and his army was goofy and incompetent.

The Overlord is my favorite villain but I feel like he wasn't THAT evil. Evilest villain is Pythor, at least he kind of was until season 4. He was funny and evil at the same time which made him an excellent character, even though I hope he gets more screen time in the next seasons.

I voted for the Stone Army because I like the double torsos.

I never really got into the whole snake thing, and I don't like the skeletal snake armor or skeleton guys. Not too big on the technology, like the Nindroids and such. I also don't really like the color combinations on the ghosts, but I do like the overall dark color schemes and the fact that they're doing more transparent minifigure parts.

I also voted for Clouse, because he's the only minifigure that appealed to me from Ninjago. Or at least the only villain, because a few of the characters in the Temple of Airjitzu are pretty cool, like the Mailman. The Dark Red with Dark Purple works nicely.

I never understood why Clouse was a servant of Chen, when Clouse was obviously smarter , more powerful than Chen ever was. Chen had no powers, didn't know any magic spells , had a childlike personality and yet he was the leader and not Clouse.

I got the impression that, besides the obvious tropes, the fact that Chen used to be pretty cunning and is the official ruler, it's at least partially because a figurehead makes a good distraction. Seriously, who gets the chance to slip away? The leader, or the "harmless" minion?

I got the impression that, besides the obvious tropes, the fact that Chen used to be pretty cunning and is the official ruler, it's at least partially because a figurehead makes a good distraction. Seriously, who gets the chance to slip away? The leader, or the "harmless" minion?

When I was watching ToE season of Ninjago I kept thinking that Clouse was playing Chen and is going to betray him and claim all the power, but nope. I guess you can't expect something like this from kids show.

It could also simply be that Chen is better at organisatory and similar business concerns, while at the same time making for a better public face for the company.

When I was watching ToE season of Ninjago I kept thinking that Clouse was playing Chen and is going to betray him and claim all the power, but nope. I guess you can't expect something like this from kids show.

Samukai in season 1.

Anyways, Nya's martial arts kinda sucked until she had actual training, and it was generally agreed that she wasn't as good without her suit, as shown on multiple occasions. That being said, I voted Cryptor, since he and Morro had the most swag in the series. But unlike Morro, Cryptor was the only villain who could actually not only beat a ninja, but beat all the ninja. Too bad he probably isn't around anymore, unless he teleported out of the ice at the last second.

Edited by gamejutzu

Samukai in season 1.

Anyways, Nya's martial arts kinda sucked until she had actual training, and it was generally agreed that she wasn't as good without her suit, as shown on multiple occasions. That being said, I voted Cryptor, since he and Morro had the most swag in the series. But unlike Morro, Cryptor was the only villain who could actually not only beat a ninja, but beat all the ninja. Too bad he probably isn't around anymore, unless he teleported out of the ice at the last second.

That´s true. I guess we can all agree that General Kozu was the worst villan in Ninjago. He never played an important role in the series and was always controlled by the overlord/garmadon. Who do you guys think is the worst (dumbest) villan in Ninjago?

Edited by bricksfan

Who do you guys think is the worst (dumbest) villan in Ninjago?

Main villains or just bad guys? We've seen countless goofy baddies, but one of the worst bad guys, plotwise, would be Evil Wu in the rebooted season. Being transformed into a red-eyed, black-bearded evil cyborg, but once power got down, he seemed to instantly turn into the non-cyborg friendly sensei... Weird!

Good thing: he was one of the very few villains that really was as badass as he looked!

Edited by Exetrius

Main villains or just bad guys? We've seen countless goofy baddies, but one of the worst bad guys, plotwise, would be Evil Wu in the rebooted season. Being transformed into a red-eyed, black-bearded evil cyborg, but once power got down, he seemed to instantly turn into the non-cyborg friendly sensei... Weird!

Good thing: he was one of the very few villains that really was as badass as he looked!

Another one to do that was P.I.X.A.L.

You see her, she´s evil, then you look away, you look back at her and she´s good.

Edited by bricksfan

Another one to do that was P.I.X.A.L.

You see her, she´s evil, then you look away, you look back at her and she´s good.

True, but she is and stays a robot, so it's more or less believeable if we assume that a kind of virus turns her evil. Wu has all kinds of electrodes and stuff (so it seems) going inside his head, but *POOF* it's all gone! It's a different story.

Lloyd!

Wait, did I mess that up?

:laugh: "Give me all your candy, MwuHAHAH!"

5) Cryptor. Not much to say about him.

Yeah, except that every time he fought against someone, he won:

Zane

P.I.X.A.L

4 ninja

Nya

He only lost against Mindroid.

Wow, Morro has such high votes. If Cryptor wasn't on this list I would pick samukai. I really want him to come back. In black.