Hi guys! Today, I have my latest model, an AT-RT I built for LN.01354's MOC contest on his Flickr group, Lego Star Wars: MOCs 'n' Shots. It ended up winning first place over one other entry. But, that's besides the point. I'm really happy with the results of this AT-RT, since it fits a good scale and looks relatively close to some source material. I built it from the ground up, the feet being the hardest. I settled for half snot, which looks pretty good in the end. Full snot would have been nice, but it didn't work out :sadnew: I also made a breakdown for this guy, just in case anyone wants to build it. It was my first shot at a breakdown, so any suggestions on what to improve are appreciated. Without and further ado, here are the pictures!

16594330682_8e75212b05_c.jpgAT-RT by GuyDudeMan27, on Flickr

16469274848_7baf897b1f_c.jpgAT-RT Breakdown by GuyDudeMan27, on Flickr

Any comments and criticisms are welcome, so feel free to comment. :classic:

This is great! I feel inspired to make one myself now, I really like the shape you've got going. Angles are really nice regardless of accuracy

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it :sweet:

Very nice, Should build a small squad of them!

I'd love it too! They might not all be a nice dark green but... I'm currently working on a large project but when I take breaks from it (which is often) I'll work on this.

This is great! I feel inspired to make one myself now, I really like the shape you've got going. Angles are really nice regardless of accuracy

I feel like the angles are pretty accurate, but I didn't work off any reference when building it. I just thought of how an AT-RT should look :grin: If you do build it, I'd love to see it!

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

I like it, much better than the oversized set that TLG did. And more poseable too from the looks of it. Really nice job!

This...Even thought the 75089 is already nice, this MOC looks even better!

The AT-RTs lego has made have always confused me. I mean, really, they are the absolute perfect vehicle to put in a battle pack, but they've made several versions that are like twice or three times larger than minifig scale. For a minimal amount of pieces you could make a small vehicle that's fun for kids and is cheap in terms of parts. I'll never understand that.

The AT-RTs lego has made have always confused me. I mean, really, they are the absolute perfect vehicle to put in a battle pack, but they've made several versions that are like twice or three times larger than minifig scale. For a minimal amount of pieces you could make a small vehicle that's fun for kids and is cheap in terms of parts. I'll never understand that.

Yep. The closest thing was in the clone trooper battle pack and the Clone Turbo Tank, but both of those had serious flaws, the first not even being an AT-RT, the second awkward when standing and just not a good representation of the vehicle. TLGs huge versions are pretty accurate, but just not playable. I think accuracy got the best of them on those.

I really like to little fellow.

If I may give one remark. I would have used all the same tiles for the floor. By using different sizes it makes it a little more chaotic. All 2x2 would be stylish. But it's just a minor point.

I really like to little fellow.

If I may give one remark. I would have used all the same tiles for the floor. By using different sizes it makes it a little more chaotic. All 2x2 would be stylish. But it's just a minor point.

Actually, I didn't use tiles. The floor is all snot, but I agree it could look more consistent.

Love this MOC, the small amount of pieces means I can build several of them inexpensively thanks to your breakdown. :thumbup:

This is what TLG should have made with their official set. :wacko:

I really like the way you made the shield at the front. I have never managed to make a good at-rt, I always try to use panels, but the cheese slopes work so perfectly on yours, bravo!

I'd like to thank all of you again for your kind words :sweet: Today, I have a quick update. Firstly, I've made the model in LDD, and made a quick render. This was just a step for something else, but I'll still share it anyway. The LDD file can be found here. This was all so that I could make an XML for you guys! I had a request to make one, so I decided since I already made it, I might as well share it. You can download it here. There is one issue, however. Due to a weird Bricklink error, I had to take out the lightsaber handle from the XML. You'll need to add that separately. Anyway, enjoy the render, and have fun building this model if you choose to do so!

16805365642_98ee05957f_c.jpgAT-RT Render by GuyDudeMan27, on Flickr

Nice- lots of angles compounded into a very small space. Good work!

I think this is a great example of how the use of angles can give a ton of depth to a small model.

Thanks guys! The slopes were just a result of me trying to make it look less flat. That and I had way to many slopes :grin:

From experience, I know that AT-RTs are hard to get right, especially in minifig-scale, since they have some complex angles going on that have to be accounted for in a tiny build. Yours captures these angles very well and is small enough to be in scale to minifigs. Great model!

From experience, I know that AT-RTs are hard to get right, especially in minifig-scale, since they have some complex angles going on that have to be accounted for in a tiny build. Yours captures these angles very well and is small enough to be in scale to minifigs. Great model!

Thank you! I looked through a lot of other Lego AT-RTs and looked at reference to decide just how to capture the angles. The slopes were the perfect size to accuratly capture them. It's not a perfect representation (the space between the side slopes and the top one) but that's what kept it small.