Sign in to follow this  
robuko

[WZ15:E12, DK] Careful Whispers

In the marketplaces of Amrakect, under the noses of the high council guardsman...

17315681606_d39d35555d_c.jpg

A very interesting rumour was sweeping the traders. It came in a few different flavours.

One version was that Lady Phantomhive's archaeological excavations had been successful, and she herself had awakened the Desert King. That surely meant the loyalists of the town should support the King. They were surrounded anyway.

Another version was that she was at the King's side, a kind of a tour guide, giving him advice about the geography of modern Kaliphlin, and she would be back soon. Amrakect might even be the King's new capital!

Yet another rumour was that she was already back, incognito, and working as a spy for the King amongst the common folk to take the temperature of the land. Were they weary of this war already, weary enough to eject the Ulandian murderers and usurpers?

Nobody knew where they first heard these rumours, but everybody knew them. Some of the traders particularly remembered talking to a pretty blonde lady in a kimono about it. Others recalled a familiar looking man in a very anachronistic headpiece.

17154177880_3fe7d0a57a.jpg

This build is a tribute to Eryn's Amrakect marketplace, I have incorporated her techniques for the walls, the building on the left, the stall roofs, the flags and the golden roof, and filled it with her level of activity and detail.

Edited by robuko

Another bustling marketplace! The complex arched wall is nice and the dome looks good. The scene is packed with details and the tree, while simple, is a welcome addition. I suppose the missing pearl gold round tile is intentional... And all those pies are making me hungry. Very good build!

Fantastic entry! :wub: The archway and market stalls are excellent, and I love how closely you followed the stlye of Amrakect :thumbup:

Great entry, and I remember you saying you wouldn't be able to keep up pumping these quality builds out.

This really harks back to Eryn's work, the flags especially nail it! The arched entrance is also very well done and I like the bustling feel! :thumbup:

Thanks very much everybody! Yes, the missing gold piece is missing on purpose, I was aiming for a kind of decayed grandeur here. However, I just noticed that the main shot has had a couple of unscheduled additions. Who knew an 18 month old could place pneumatic pieces so accurately? I will reshoot and repost this.

Fantastic build robuko, great job imitating the style of Amrakect! Excellent wall and tower, and the stands are very nice as well! :thumbup::sweet:

Lovely build, robuko, and I can definitely see Eryn's influence on the build, I only wish she was still building here :cry_sad:

The gateway arch looks very pretty and I like the little turret on the wall :thumbup: Tons of detail packed into the market as well :classic:

Great work! I like the architecture and all the minifigures in your creation. The market stalls look fantastic, too :thumbup: