jaredchan

MOC: Hermes™ Store

sn203918.jpg

Seeing the success of Tommy and Gucci, Hermes joins my high fashion modular street today to make sure every hard-earned penny of my minifigs are well spent.

sn203911.jpg

sn203919.jpg

I wish I could do this equestrian statue better...

sn203924.jpg

sn203935.jpg

As in an actual store, we also sell saddle here!

sn203936.jpg

Ground floor is for bags.

sn203937.jpg

sn203942.jpg

sn203947.jpg

While the upper floor is for clothes, to differentiate Hermes from Gucci, it also offers top hat and scarves instead of fragrances.

I planned to sell fine porcelain cups and dishes as well, but they didn't make it here.

The Hermes building is actually an upgraded version of my old MOC, Tudor Toys, back in 2008:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...aded&start=

She utilises the exact sand blue elements I had back then, i.e. 1x2 brick, 1x2 45 degree slope, and 1x4 tiles, and the slope-built-turret technique is carried over and becomes a slope built pillar. sn203956.jpg

sn203968.jpg

I am actually quite dissatisfied with the balcony over the main shop window, maybe I will take it down some day.

For those who are interested, here are 2 of the links that I used as reference materials:

http://hauteworld.blogspot.com/2009/08/her...ris-france.html

http://maitaispicturebook.blogspot.com/200...hermes-fsh.html

I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I enjoyed building it.

I know it is not as good as my previous building so I hope you guys can give me some feedback, thank you :tongue: !

EXCELLENT MODULAR MOC 'jaredchan' ! :sweet:

I really like the way you display the fashions and tiled floors are very nice.

Neat brick/plate built horse, nice colours, but yes that odd looking balcony - I would made the window trim the same as the others so it flowed nicely all the way around the building.

Great work anyway, and I'm a conformist! 'jaredchan' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Oh, horsey! :tongue:

This building is amazing, as are your other two modulars :thumbup: I'm really liking the colour ouf the building, and the interior is very elegant :classic:

Awesome building, you could fool me into believing it was an official set.

Magnificent!

Wow, at first looking at this I thought it truly was an official set, beautifully done mate, a truly wonderful job!

A wonderful MOC, indeed! :thumbup: The techniques you used are really impressive, especially in the corner section and in the top decorations of the windows and. of course, the equestrian statue! All I can say it's BRAVO! :wink:

Stunning work! This is easily the best in your amazing series!

It's always tricky to use a rare colour, and you've done a great job. I love your column technique and the level of exterior detail seems just right. The equestrian statue looks perfect to me, too. I'm so impressed that you used 'Hermes orange' accents and included some trademark scarves (and possibly a Birkin!) on the interior.

I do agree the balcony looks a little odd - maybe macaroni bricks look too chunky considering the fine level of detail elsewhere? I also think dark bley wheel arch pieces look a bit too drab, and the colour of the hose pieces seems not quite right, but these are little quibbles on a fantastic creation!

Nice Moc! The inner life is fantastic, as well as the colour pattern. :thumbup:

Well done! This shop is very nice in outlook. All three of shops are very special. I like the horse on the roof. I think lego .co can buy your license to produce them! hehe!

The color and detail on this are fantastic. I'm not familiar with Hermes brand, but from what others have posted....Way to go! I agree about the balcony; it does look a little strange. Not bad, just strange. The color scheme really is great to look at! Great MOC.

Great modular MOC. I really like the color scheme. In terms of building style it fits in perfectly with your other stores. The corner column is great. I agree with the others that the balcony could do with a 'lighter' look.

Jared, this is very impressive and grand, just like the real stores out there. :thumbup:

I am really very impressed with the amount of details which you have put into this building, and for sure, this is a welcoming street for any modular cities out there, similar to those High Street or Queen Street.

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I will look forward to your future creations. If you need ideas, I will love to see a Burberry store. :tongue:

Jared, this is very impressive and grand, just like the real stores out there. :thumbup:

I am really very impressed with the amount of details which you have put into this building, and for sure, this is a welcoming street for any modular cities out there, similar to those High Street or Queen Street.

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I will look forward to your future creations. If you need ideas, I will love to see a Burberry store. :tongue:

Agreed! I think he has a lot of idea to make another fashion shop e.g. Burberry store!

Thanks guys for all your compliments and suggestions(Sorry for not replying to you all individually, but I did read each of the replies and I was very happy reading them. Thanks for blogging me MetroiD!),they give me all the motivation I need for any future creation! Oh...that balcony is definitely going away :tongue: !

Re: Svelte - That pink torso is indeed a Birkin :tongue: ! I agree that the color of the hoses doesn't really look good, I think I need something really dark to tone down the building and the old dark grey is not doing the job, but that's the only color I have.

Re: WhiteFang - Burberry is a brand that I really like and I actually thought of it as a follow up to Gucci, but I had to give it up at this moment as the color scheme would be tan(an overused-yet-expensive color in many AFOL modular creations), dark tan(I do have some pieces from the Fire Brigade but that's not much), dark grey(completely used up) and black, and its shop interior and merchandise would be too similar to the Gucci store :cry_sad: . I do hope I can make one some day!

Simply wonderful. There's nothing I like better than a well-made modular building, and this is better than well-made. :laugh:

How is the pillar on the corner built? It looks like a really lovely technique, but I can't quite figure out what it is...

Outstanding job! :sweet:

Fantastic building. Love the colour, the details, and of course your entire street. The interior is minimalistic, which works much better than a crowded one in an exclusive fashion store. Great work!

I wish I could do this equestrian statue better...

Why? I think it looks great. I always envy people who manage to create instantly recognisable details in small scale, with few bricks.

How is the pillar on the corner built? It looks like a really lovely technique, but I can't quite figure out what it is...

It's SNOT sand blue 1-wide 45 degree slopes alternated on either side. Very nice technique! :thumbup:

Thanks Erdbeereis and L@go for the compliments and thanks Svelte for explaining the pillar technique!

Here's an really old photo of the technique used in the pillar (sorry about the poor quality), hope it can help:

sn202537.jpg

To increase strength, I think it would be better if more 1x1 bricks with studs on 4 side instead of only 2 for everything 4 bricks are used in the central 1x1 pillar.