Sign in to follow this  
MiloNelsiano

Avalonia Task 2 Entourage

Here is (my sigfig) Osric Farwind traveling through Avalonia , on his way to Burnby to attend a great event (possibly a wedding). Accompanying him are Cain Thornsburry who wields a large war hammer, and Jace Stone who prefers to use his bow when possible but is just as dangerous with his daggers. Both are champions of Oros and have been friends with Osric since a very young age.

15228308806_f73df99e8c.jpg

15064538929_fa29200d80.jpg

15064742898_a669812226.jpg

I almost didn't post these pictures. I'm really unsatisfied with the build. After taking the pictures it looks rushed and unfinished. What happened while building is a got frustrated with my piece count as I have too many mocs started at one time, and the majority of my pieces (pieces I really wanted to use in this build) are in another country. In the end I decided to post them anyway because it felt like a waste not to. I guess I will use this as more of an example of what I don't want my builds to look like. Also this was photographed inside because I really didn't want to risk all those trans blue pieces going everywhere outside! C&C is welcome.

Edited by MiloNelsiano

Nice build, the figs are quite nice as is the bridge. The studs are a little crazy for such a seemingly calm river though.

Pretty good for a quick build, the only thing i'd change would be the raft under the bridge which looks a little too square, moving two tiles one stud forward would fix that.

Edited by BrickCurve

Nice bridge! The figs are cool too, and I like that you've got a raft, although that guy must've nearly hit his head on the way under the bridge!

I wouldn't say this is a waste... It's a decent build, and since you were limited on bricks its quite an achievement! You might be frustrated with it a bit, but it's a solid build and it looks great!

I think this actually looks really nice for having limited pieces. The guy on the raft reminds me of Huckleberry Fin for some reason... Must be the raft.

Thank you all for the kind comments and encouragement!

I love that hammer! I'm going to have to steal that design.

Please do. I tried to model it after ASOIAF Roberts Hammer, as depicted her by Michael Komarck on the cover of the tabletop RPG.

15084321499_47c70e44d4_c.jpg

This is a nice little build, especially for limited bricks.

I really enjoy the way you're approaching your Avalonian tasks, creating stand-alone builds.

Thanks! I'm glad a few of you liked the hammer design. Just the other day I came up with a design for a mace I don't think I've seen used before. Now I just need an idea for a new moc to use it in.